Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Your 10 posts - Locked for time being but will be opened if deemed fit

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

The tread is open for further discussion 

Whenever it comes to the matter of taking care of ones parents gets ignored or neglected then the whole blame falls on the children. I really feel sad about it. Actually, the Indian culture and tradition teaches us to look after our parents and guardians and when someone fail to look after them then no one wants to reason it out that it was done willingly or unwillingly and was there any fault from parents' side or not. There are parents who are extremely arrogant, not interested to compromise and fail to give due respect to the other members of the family then it is quite obvious that the young ones would face a huge task in somehow managing the harmony of the family. To live together, the first condition is to have adjustment quality and if it's missing from any particular side then it's that side's problem and not of the other side.  

shampasaid

Completely agree with you. Now a days many parents itself are unwilling to stay with their children because they have a lifestyle, friends circle and other engagements which they do not want to give up. They want their freedom

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Parents who brought up their children  made them independent and Self sufficient with a hope that they would stay by their side during old age.. But, i feel, the children are failing in their duties. Of course, it's true some parents do not like to stay with their children. Because such parents do not want to become a burden to their Children. especially if their children and their wives are  Working. In my own case all my children do not live with me. Because , i have the ability to earn.. And thus the question of staying in Old age Homes doesn't rise..

My children are Happy. And I and my wife are happy

Divya wrote:

Completely agree with you. Now a days many parents itself are unwilling to stay with their children because they have a lifestyle, friends circle and other engagements which they do not want to give up. They want their freedom

You know, the younger generation has become the soft target regarding the look after of the elders. I don't deny that it's not happening that young ones are neglecting their parents and guardians but in many cases the story is very different. As you said about the freedom of the elderly person that is one reason but there are many such families where daughter-in-laws want to maintain a distance because of her bitter experience in her matrimonial family. From a distance it is always very easy for anyone to blame the children when their parents are in a poor state but the deep rooted cause usually never comes in open. We always forget that relationship is secondary and primary is we are human beings. Every relation has to be nurtured with love or else one has to suffer for misbehaviour.    

shampasaid

Some parents wish to be away from their children to allow them to spend their life as they wish.without interference.. This  is true  especially true in  the case of newly married Couple.

rambabu wrote:

Some parents wish to be away from their children to allow them to spend their life as they wish.without interference.. This  is true  especially true in  the case of newly married Couple.

You mean the parents of a newly married son go to live in a hotel or an old age home just to provide privacy to the newly married couple? Or the newly married couple leaves their children behind and go to honeymoon? I am confused here - so will you please tell me the exact situation?

suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:

You mean the parents of a newly married son go to live in a hotel or an old age home just to provide privacy to the newly married couple? Or the newly married couple leaves their children behind and go to honeymoon? I am confused here - so will you please tell me the exact situation?

i meant, some parents want to be away from  their children. The reason is, parents want to allow their children to live  their life as they wish.  Some Children may not like to have unsolicited advises from their Parents at the drop of a hat.

This is is true, if children are newly weds. i think i  made myself clear.

Things are changing fast with extinction of joint family.  The elders/ senior citizens are left alone. In many cases, children go even abroad for earning whereas old parents are left behind.  There is greater need for special arrangements for  care of elderly.  The governments are aware of this issue. So there are greater facilities for health care and medical check up. But much more needs be done. The poor elderly need be given adequate old age pension and health care.   

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.