An interesting news article on a baby born from 3 parents. Before you all jump to any conclusions,.... it was done to avoid a fatal disease that the mother passed on to her kids. Looks like a break through ... 

http://www.oneindia.com/international/world-s-first-baby-born-from-3-parent-technique-report-2220891.html

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

New technique helps couple to have a baby.

The aim of the experiment is to include DNA from three different parents in the embryo. The  baby boy's mother carried genes for a disorder known as Leigh Syndrome, a fatal nervous  system disorder.. Anyhow, this Three Parent technique is a ground breaking  event. It has to be seen how the results would be.

Interesting article..

Although this technique seems to be a controversial issue, it seems to a great way to deal with the genetic disorders. I am sure same method - 3 parent tech can be useful to get rid of other genetic disorders. Researchers and scientist must continue deeper research on this topic. 

Yeah nice one, I think it will help many people in the future.

sdfafa

Bajirao wrote:

Interesting article..

Although this technique seems to be a controversial issue, it seems to a great way to deal with the genetic disorders. I am sure same method - 3 parent tech can be useful to get rid of other genetic disorders. Researchers and scientist must continue deeper research on this topic. 

Of course, the technique is controversial. In the beginning of any innovative endeavor, things look strange and controversial. Over a period it's benefits or disadvantages will be known.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.