Are the medicines that we take or the ones doctor prescribes...are these really curing the disease. I read somewhere that for a medical store to run profitably it needs only 6 sugar patients... 

So what do we do take the medicines or not?? Whom do we go and complain to???


Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: Pharma companies don't create cures they create customers

    by » 3 years ago


    Pharma companies make huge amount of money. I would suggest to go for generic drugs and not the brand name medicines. Brand name medicines are more expensive than generic ones. You should consult your doctor regarding generic medicines. Most of the doctors do prescribe certain brand medicines only because they assume certain pharma companies only make good qualit of medicines and also some of them get commission for using certain pharma medicines. 

    If most of us use generic med pharma companies would make less profit. 

    I am not sure whom to complain about this issue. There should be some organisation who deals with consumer complaints or something of that sort. 


  • Re: Pharma companies don't create cures they create customers

    by » 3 years ago


    There is no social interest anywhere. every thing has been commercialized. As customers, we have ourselves to watch our interests. 


    G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
    http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/


  • Re: Pharma companies don't create cures they create customers

    by » 3 years ago


    Pharma companies have to spend billions in research to find new medicines. To sustain their activities they have to recover these costs with some profit. We in India do not do any research and are only manufacturing medicines invented with huge costs elsewhere. We only look at the production cost but not the research effort. Due to our relatvely low purchasing power and poverty levels we want latest medicines at low costs which many times is not possible for commercial reasons. Yes genetic medicines arexan answer and must be encouraged for their increased use.


  • Re: Pharma companies don't create cures they create customers

    by » 3 years ago


    Many a times I have seen medical reps visiting the doctors and providing free sample of medicines. Doctors also give these free samples to their patients. This way are we not being treated as Ginny pigs by doctors and the pharma companies. Looks like nothing can be trusted in today's world 


    Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius


  • Re: Pharma companies don't create cures they create customers

    by » 3 years ago


    Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

    There is no social interest anywhere. every thing has been commercialized. As customers, we have ourselves to watch our interests. 

     True. medical profession has become Commercialized. I herad the free samples given by Medical representatives are being sold to the patients by these Doctors.

     


  • Re: Pharma companies don't create cures they create customers

    by » 3 years ago


    rambabu wrote:
    Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

    There is no social interest anywhere. every thing has been commercialized. As customers, we have ourselves to watch our interests. 

     True. medical profession has become Commercialized. I herad the free samples given by Medical representatives are being sold to the patients by these Doctors.

    Practice of RMP doctors depends on these samples. MBBS and MD doctor never gave these samples to patients. They prefer to prescribe medicines of company with they have setting for commission.

     


  • Re: Pharma companies don't create cures they create customers

    by » 3 years ago


    anil wrote:
    rambabu wrote:
    Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

    There is no social interest anywhere. every thing has been commercialized. As customers, we have ourselves to watch our interests. 

     True. medical profession has become Commercialized. I herad the free samples given by Medical representatives are being sold to the patients by these Doctors.

    Practice of RMP doctors depends on these samples. MBBS and MD doctor never gave these samples to patients. They prefer to prescribe medicines of company with they have setting for commission.

    another practice that we see in Private practitioners is, they  direct their patients to buy the prescribed medicines only from a particular Medical shop with which the Doctor has business links. For this the Doctor gets commission

     


  • Re: Pharma companies don't create cures they create customers

    by » 3 years ago


    It is really shameful that Health which is a basic human right for any human in this progressive world, has become profit making business. New drugs keep coming to the market and so do new ailments. For a common man, who sees a doctor as a second god and has no other way but to follow his doctor's prescription.

    Only good intention and initiative by Government can help. Strict regulations and rules have to be imposed.

    It will take a long time to clear the mess created over years, let there be some hope with a small beginning


    I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

    www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in


You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.