Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:

Most of you are against this decision, but I am not. EVery society have some traditions. These are important. It is tradition in Hindus and peoples of others society that parents is liability of son. You are talking why parents can't live with daughters. You are right but, if parents decide to give equal share of their properties to their daughter, sons will agree for it? Never

Traditions evolved with time and necessity and they can change again according to times. By the way it is now legal that both sons and daughters get an equal share in parents property, so no question of son ,opposing it..in an ideal situation parents dhd be looked after by the children but this depends on both parents and the children as to how best they are ready to compromise and adjust. 

Yes I am agree with you that we must be changed with time. It is also right that daughters have equal right in property of parents. How many parents divide property equally in daughters and sons. If a daughter claim her share in property brothers break up relation for ever. It is best solution that son and daughter decide mutually how they look after their parents. 

anil wrote:
Divya wrote:
anil wrote:

Most of you are against this decision, but I am not. EVery society have some traditions. These are important. It is tradition in Hindus and peoples of others society that parents is liability of son. You are talking why parents can't live with daughters. You are right but, if parents decide to give equal share of their properties to their daughter, sons will agree for it? Never

Let me put a situation to you.... As is happening many indian households... The girl does not bring enough dowry...after a few months of torture n trying to extract whatever they can from the bride ...they file the case saying she is trying to separate the parents... What will the bride do...who is at fault here.....

Next,  whether the man and wife stay with their parents or not it's a personal choice... It should not be used as a ground for divorce...and since you talked about traditions...since when did seeking divorce become a part of our tradition....

I'm sorry if am harsh here... But I can't come to terms with this judgement...it's downright partial...to say the least

First thing I am not in favor of dowry and any type of physical and mental harshement of bride. Noting will happen if some one file fake case, decision is hand of court.

Divorce is  not part of tradition it evil who spoiled many life.

Exactly.... But ths judgements implies upholding both these malpractices... Domestic violence n divorce. And as far as a case is concerned.... In India you just need a good lawyer to Ben's thing ur way.... We hv umpteen examples for that

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Though the Judgement is partial which I did not like personally. If the wife forces her husband to get away from his parents she deserves a divorce. My question is what if the Parents themselves persuade the  children, what would happen ?

rambabu wrote:

Though the Judgement is partial which I did not like personally. If the wife forces her husband to get away from his parents she deserves a divorce. My question is what if the Parents themselves persuade the  children, what would happen ?

Can't agree at all on that....plz remember we are talking about an adult man here and  not a 4 year old kid. How can someone force him to get away from his parents...

Parents of an individual  cannot be a four old.

rambabu wrote:

Parents of an individual  cannot be a four old.

Plz read and understand before you reply to a post.... N if ur above reply is after understanding... Then I would say u r posting jst for the sake of earning points

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

OK. Hence forth I'll do what you said. Thank you. If a Forum Friend suggests some thing good for me, I'm the First one to accept. I hate confrontation.

Thank you said by: Divya
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:

Traditions evolved with time and necessity and they can change again according to times. By the way it is now legal that both sons and daughters get an equal share in parents property, so no question of son ,opposing it..in an ideal situation parents dhd be looked after by the children but this depends on both parents and the children as to how best they are ready to compromise and adjust. 

Yes I am agree with you that we must be changed with time. It is also right that daughters have equal right in property of parents. How many parents divide property equally in daughters and sons. If a daughter claim her share in property brothers break up relation for ever. It is best solution that son and daughter decide mutually how they look after their parents. 

Anil, things are changing now with many parents living with their daughters or dividing their time between all their children. My own mother does that visiting all of us . She has now reached an age where she needs looking after and we all look forward to having her with us since she is wise, able to give her advice on most matters and help out to the best of her capacity. But at the same time I have seen parents being quote nasty and interfering in the lives of their children thereby spoiling the entire atmosphere 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I fully and many others will agree with me that this is one of the best law which is meant for the society well being.

sdfafa

Babu saroj wrote:

I fully and many others will agree with me that this is one of the best law which is meant for the society well being.

If u think..this vl make ppl take care of their parents or in laws...then it's an overdose of wishful thinking. But as I see it is making divorce from the boys side easier....

So I fail to understand where is the society well being here

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.