The lost ancient civilizations fascinates me and it makes me wonder how the ancient civilizations might be many century years ago. I would like your views regarding the ancient civilizations. Shall we find out about them? Will finding about them help us solve our present problems that we face in society? Will knowing about the ancient civilizations benefit us? I would like to know your views and opinions on this.

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

ancient Civilizations like Roman civilization, Indus Valley Civilization to name a few, the modern day civilizations owe a lot to the ancient civilizations, unraveling their cultural and heritage.

Ancient civilisations are no doubt fascinating because we know less about them. However they could not have been technologically as strong like today but yes they may not have been so simple also as we expect them to be. The civilisations that could create Mahabharata, Ramayana, Bible, Torah, Homer etc  were high up in many areas.

vijay wrote:

Ancient civilisations are no doubt fascinating because we know less about them. However they could not have been technologically as strong like today but yes they may not have been so simple also as we expect them to be. The civilisations that could create Mahabharata, Ramayana, Bible, Torah, Homer etc  were high up in many areas.

True...but it is not only the literature that are the most sublime creations of those particular bygone eras, but also the architecture the vestiges of which we see in the form of fascinating monuments such as the Roman and Greek ruins, ancient temples and palaces of India, Cambodia, China, Egypt and other countries. Reading and knowing more about these civilizations is really quite fascinating and mesmerizing.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

India along with Chinese and Egyptians has one of the oldest living civilization although it has undergone many changes now . I personally find Chinese civilization the most fascinating because they were so advanced in so many ways. The intricate art , cuisine , architecture , beliefs - everything shows that they were much more advanced and evolved as a race , while compared to all the other ancient civilizations 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I am also interested in history, In these day I am reading book on Rajput of Jaipur. Kushwah Rajput. Here is link you can watch map of ancient civilization of India.

http://www.younews.in/videos/a-year-by-year-map-history-of-india-from-the-4th-century-bc-to-date/

vijay wrote:

Indeed authentic books are not available. I Read about Jatt community in a book Madya Kalin Islam, and also read about these in book History of Bhati. Details in these book about Jatt are not matched 

The Egyptian civilization seems mystic to me. Would love to explore more about it. Mummification, pyramids, tales of Greek Gods....everything leaves you with  a goose bump. I feel knowing it more will be like going on a mysterious ride. Would collect more information and post 

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

The Chinese life centered around the yellow river,  which is considered to be the cradle of Chinese civilization. We can find records of their ancient history as early as 1500bc. Infact the various dynasties like Xia, Zhou and Qin that ruled during the ancient times were in control of the entire nation along with Tibet until the civil war in 1927.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Arunima Singh wrote:

The Egyptian civilization seems mystic to me. Would love to explore more about it. Mummification, pyramids, tales of Greek Gods....everything leaves you with  a goose bump. I feel knowing it more will be like going on a mysterious ride. Would collect more information and post 

Oldest civilization of present India is Mohan Jodra and Harrapa, 2900 BC, How may years old Egyptian civilization. I read that Egyptian civilization have their calander, on it basis they plan their farming.

The oldest known civilization is Mesopotamian ( Iraq ), which is 6500 BC old , but some archaeologists are the opinion that both Indus valley civilization and Mesopotamian civilizations probably co existed or were not far apart . 

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.