Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

The pyramids are simply great and I have visited 2 of them close to *Cairo. But sadly with all the terror by ISIS tourism has taken a hit

MG Singh wrote:

The pyramids are simply great and I have visited 2 of them close to *Cairo. But sadly with all the terror by ISIS tourism has taken a hit

Great. You are lucky, visited Pyramids twice. Of course, ISIS and other terrorist groups are a menace to the World. No tourist will dare to go to any Tourist place. These groups really hit the Tourism.

Ancient civilizations are all fascinating, it is quite hard, for me at least, to choose which one is more fascinating or amazing than the other. The ruins all around the world, the silent testimony to those times, be it the temple caves of Ajanta-Ellora, Roman Colosseum, Greek temples, Egyptian pyramids and tombs, arches and pillars of Nimrud (now destroyed by the ISIS), the moais of the Easter Island or whatever, are all equally mystifying and amazing. Instead of trying to decide which ones are great, we must instead focus on preserving them and trying to learn what we can from them.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Ancient civilizations are all fascinating, it is quite hard, for me at least, to choose which one is more fascinating or amazing than the other. The ruins all around the world, the silent testimony to those times, be it the temple caves of Ajanta-Ellora, Roman Colosseum, Greek temples, Egyptian pyramids and tombs, arches and pillars of Nimrud (now destroyed by the ISIS), the moais of the Easter Island or whatever, are all equally mystifying and amazing. Instead of trying to decide which ones are great, we must instead focus on preserving them and trying to learn what we can from them.

It is ironical that these people , I mean the ISIS who want to go back in time where lifestyle and attitude is concerned mainly about women, are intolerant of old monuments that had survived for centuries ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

The oldest known civilization is Mesopotamian ( Iraq ), which is 6500 BC old , but some archaeologists are the opinion that both Indus valley civilization and Mesopotamian civilizations probably co existed or were not far apart

Here is confusion, which civilization is oldest one. If Ramayan period is fact than I think civilization of present India is oldest one.. 

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

The oldest known civilization is Mesopotamian ( Iraq ), which is 6500 BC old , but some archaeologists are the opinion that both Indus valley civilization and Mesopotamian civilizations probably co existed or were not far apart

Here is confusion, which civilization is oldest one. If Ramayan period is fact than I think civilization of present India is oldest one.. 

The point here is not that which civilization is the oldest or the best. The point is that those civilizations did exist and that we should preserve whatever is left of them as best as we could and try to study them and understand them to the limited abilities we have.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

The point here is not that which civilization is the oldest or the best. The point is that those civilizations did exist and that we should preserve whatever is left of them as best as we could and try to study them and understand them to the limited abilities we have.

However, we do know that other civilizations co existed during the period of Ramayana as there is mention of different kings and kingdoms from other parts of the globe

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

India in many sectors is still an ancient civilization. You do not have to go deep in time to see how they are. See it in India of today.

vijay wrote:

India in many sectors is still an ancient civilization. You do not have to go deep in time to see how they are. See it in India of today.

You are probably talking about the primitiveness that still exists in many parts of India. However, primitiveness cannot be equalled with the ancient civilization, the ancients can hardly be called as being primitive.

You have missed thecooint.Primitiveness has been brought in by you.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.