Most schools ban cell phones within the campus and so do many of the software companies where the employers have to leave their cell phones before entering their work place. Is this justified ? The very purpose of carrying a cell  phone is to be available during emergencies ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

well everyone says that rules are rules and which are made for our betterment, I think that the company or the institutions which doesn't allow this, might be having profit from this rule.

sdfafa

Mobile phones and gadgets are not allowed at schools and offices to avoid distraction from studies and work. It hinders our focus while studying in class. For a moment, let us assume that mobiles are allowed at school but a few student are always notorious in class. They don't follow the rules and if the mobile phones, is allowed then the students will take advantage and will not study in class. Teenager are very prone to get distracted easily as they lack the skill of self-control towards the use of mobile phones.

I was also a trainee teacher for a while and I was not allowed to use cell phones and I didn't object it as it was the time, I enjoyed staying away from my mobile phone. 

Cell phones should be banned in schools and it is good as it avoids distraction from studies.

I think banning phones inside the school campus is justified. As was mentioned by Vishakha many students tend to be busy with social networks while the class is going on if the mobile phones are allowed. This can ve an adverse effect on other students too. They will be equally distracted with the commotion.

Even though almost everyone is  using mobile phones, many of us do not follow the etiquette of using a phone. Its very irritating when the class is going on and someone's phone starts ringing loudly.

If however phone has to be banned at school campus, another phone should be always available to deal with emergency cases

In some schools like my own for instance after much debate and deliberation, mobile phones are allowed within the campus but while attending classes, the students will have to either put them on silent or switch then off and leave on a tray kept outside the class . This was because there are quite a few outstation students and their parents want to reach them at their convenience. We had a couple of incidents whe n there were emergencies and the students concerned could not be reached since mobile phones were not allowed inside the campus.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Its not really so hard nor unfair to leave the cell phone outside the classrooms or workplaces. I worked in a BPO company where work of highly sensitive nature was done. Our clients required us to study and pass European Financial Regulatory standards test and the agreement required that no cell phones or data cables, flash drives etc. be allowed from outside or taken from the office outside. Reading news in the last week and month where a large scale racket was uncovered in Mumbai and Ahmedabad where the employees were stealing information of USA residents and using it to rake money in in millions of dollars, I think it is justified. As far as schools are concerned, a readily accesible telep[hone where parents can connect to their child in case of emergency and vice versa should be provided while banning cellphones.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

usha manohar wrote:

In some schools like my own for instance after much debate and deliberation, mobile phones are allowed within the campus but while attending classes, the students will have to either put them on silent or switch then off and leave on a tray kept outside the class . This was because there are quite a few outstation students and their parents want to reach them at their convenience. We had a couple of incidents whe n there were emergencies and the students concerned could not be reached since mobile phones were not allowed inside the campus.

How effective is it? I mean do the students follow the rule? And if anyone is found breaking the rule, then what actions are taken?

jabeen wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

How effective is it? I mean do the students follow the rule? And if anyone is found breaking the rule, then what actions are taken?

Earlier when there was total ban students managed to bring it into class and were caught and punished etc but now after this new measure has been taken  we see no breaking of rules since they know they can use it during the break , outside the class rooms. I would say it is 100% effective. If they are caught they lose attendance for the day and an sms is sent to the parents..

Peoples are misusing facility of mobles. I Notice that when we call  Brhamin for any religious ceromoney than many time he stoped speaking mantra and get busy in listing mobile. I dislike it. Mobile must be banned in school and collages.

According to me schools or offices should allow phones because a person carries phone so that he/she can contact with his /her family.If they schools or offices don't allow to use phones what is the use?

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.