Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Few Hospitals in Hyderabad do practice this deposit of cell phone at the security. The doctors are given pagers and they are notfied in case of emergencies

Schools and colleges must not ban the cell phone, because anytime an emergency may arise. It would be prefered to keep the mobile in silent mode.

I wish to share a funny incident. In my degree we had a very long and a boring class. I was sitting in corner of the class where the teacher couldnt see me. As i was bored, i just dialed the number of my friend who was sitting three chairs away from me (thinking she must have kept her mobile in silent mode) but it did ring with the ring tone 'Dhoom machale' from the film dhoom and everyone just burst out laughing!!!

Swetha Shenoy

Funny. your response really created a loud laugh when I showed your experience to my wife. Thank you.

Gone are the days where one can restrict technology from schools/colleges and offices. As far as schools and colleges are concerned, i think banning may not work bcoz students will find out some other innovative ways of bringing the smart devices inside, instead restricting the usage would be advised. But there are advantages also. U can do a recording of the class, even some complex diagrams and flowcharts instead of redrawing in ur note, One person can take a pic and circulate to the rest of the class,... actually we still do that ( in some learning sessions). Everything comes with its own pros and cons, so again it all boils down to the user and how judiciously he/she uses it

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Of course, Technology brings its own share of advantages and disadvantages. If the user exercises caution in using the Cell phone, one can reap the benefits of Technology.

@ Shweta, it must have been hilarious and bring in some diversion to the lecturer as well..

@ Divya totally agree that we need to use it to the best advantage that we can derive from it rather than restrict and ban ..

@ rambabu, please be consistent in your views rather than shifting and responding to each post without adding anything constructive ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Divya
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.