Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
rambabu wrote:

If an individual goes all out in implementing welfare measures to the Society, definitely such people are worthy of being idolized,It must be remembered that amidst the cyclone, it were Amma canteens that served the free food to the victims of the Cyclone hit victims in Tamil Nadu.

It's part of her job to take care of the people. She did nothing out of the box. She was voted by the people and she worked for them. Definitely, if she worked for the people sincerely then as CM she was praiseworthy but idolizing her is stupidity.

shampasaid

Shampa Sadhya wrote:
rambabu wrote:

If an individual goes all out in implementing welfare measures to the Society, definitely such people are worthy of being idolized,It must be remembered that amidst the cyclone, it were Amma canteens that served the free food to the victims of the Cyclone hit victims in Tamil Nadu.

It's part of her job to take care of the people. She did nothing out of the box. She was voted by the people and she worked for them. Definitely, if she worked for the people sincerely then as CM she was praiseworthy but idolizing her is stupidity.

Well, that is your opinion.

rambabu wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Certainly, it's my opinion and one can contradict with valuable inputs but not through baseless viewpoint. Discussion will certainly have some opinion in favour and some in against but every opinion must carry some weight-age then only discussion becomes interesting. 

shampasaid

Shampa Sadhya wrote:
rambabu wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Certainly, it's my opinion and one can contradict with valuable inputs but not through baseless viewpoint. Discussion will certainly have some opinion in favour and some in against but every opinion must carry some weight-age then only discussion becomes interesting. 

Not necessarily. I expressed my opinion already.

Shampa Sadhya wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Shampa, I agree with you totally. She was doing her job, as a CM it is her duty to make life comfortable and as easy as possible for the people in her state. Praising her and respecting her for doing it is okay, but idolizing her in this manner, building samadhis for such politicians and exhibiting the kind of mass hysteria that we see over their deaths is silly and ridiculous. It is like pay a person to do a job for us and if he does it well, we pay him money and throw ourselves down and kiss his feet for doing it well. It really is very silly. This attitude has caused the politicians in India to think themselves as kind of demigods and that they deserve the royalest treatment possible wherever they go.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

For the poor people even normal care looks a great favor when they have been denied it for long time. Thus they can show gratitude by idolizing as it costs nothing and yet expresses their wish. So looking down on them is not fair. It is the educated who ape them to create a place in a leaders mind who should be condemned.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Shampa, I agree with you totally. She was doing her job, as a CM it is her duty to make life comfortable and as easy as possible for the people in her state. Praising her and respecting her for doing it is okay, but idolizing her in this manner, building samadhis for such politicians and exhibiting the kind of mass hysteria that we see over their deaths is silly and ridiculous. It is like pay a person to do a job for us and if he does it well, we pay him money and throw ourselves down and kiss his feet for doing it well. It really is very silly. This attitude has caused the politicians in India to think themselves as kind of demigods and that they deserve the royalest treatment possible wherever they go.

I was reading in the local papers how the AIAMK party cadre want to put building a monument for Jaya takes precedence over everything else. I mean what kind of sycophancy is that ? What benefit would the people get  out of that ? But at the same time when you loo at all those samadhis etc built in Delhi for the Congress party leaders, it is understandable that the AIADMK which is an important national party wanting to do the same with their  leader as well...a bad example has already been set in and to erase it will not be an easy task !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Kalyani, usually people in India do not think logically and they are emotionally driven. That's the reason when people receive what they deserve as the citizen is passed on to glorify the leaders and remain ever grateful.This is certainly a ridiculous one. Until and unless Indians learn to respect their right politicians will en-cash their sentiment but we still prefer to remain foolish.

shampasaid

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.