Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
anil wrote:

It is also lesson of Mahabharta, that we must be speak carefully. Words of Dropti for Duroyodhna, Andey Ka Beta Andha. also a cause behind Mahabharta.

Anil, these words attributed to Draupadi are said to be the cause of the epic war, but in truth, Draupadi never said those words nor did she mock Duryodhana when he fell into the pool of water in Maysabha. In many versions of Mahabharata which are taken to be original, Draupadi does not appear when Duryodhana visits the Maysabha, but these were later on added for the sake of making it look like it was Draupadi's arrogance that started the chain of events. But she was a wise queen and would not have displayed such superficial behavior.

We have the original Mahabharat , with shlokas etc . It is a very old book at least 50-60 years old I would think and according to that when Duryodan comes to Indraprastha where the Palace of illusions built for Pandavas was located, these words are uttered by a sakhi or a maid of Draupadi when he trips and falls , but when Duryodan looks up he sees Darupadi laughing with others which makes him very angry, like adding insult to the injury ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
anil wrote:

It is also lesson of Mahabharta, that we must be speak carefully. Words of Dropti for Duroyodhna, Andey Ka Beta Andha. also a cause behind Mahabharta.

Anil, these words attributed to Draupadi are said to be the cause of the epic war, but in truth, Draupadi never said those words nor did she mock Duryodhana when he fell into the pool of water in Maysabha. In many versions of Mahabharata which are taken to be original, Draupadi does not appear when Duryodhana visits the Maysabha, but these were later on added for the sake of making it look like it was Draupadi's arrogance that started the chain of events. But she was a wise queen and would not have displayed such superficial behavior.

We have the original Mahabharat , with shlokas etc . It is a very old book at least 50-60 years old I would think and according to that when Duryodan comes to Indraprastha where the Palace of illusions built for Pandavas was located, these words are uttered by a sakhi or a maid of Draupadi when he trips and falls , but when Duryodan looks up he sees Darupadi laughing with others which makes him very angry, like adding insult to the injury ..

To be honest, apart from one or two abridged versions, I have not read Mahabharata in detail, but from what I have heard and read about critical reviews by some experts, it is argued that Draupadi was a Divine being, she was born from the fire of the yagnas, and was married to the five brothers each of whom were considered to be powerful warriors, scholar, intelligent and wise men. IT is very unlikely that a queen as refined and cultured as her would exhibit such kind of public mockery. And even if grant that she did laugh, it is highly unlikely that she would mock Duryodhana referring to his blind father.

https://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110130001407AAeaLtd

Especially read the Update 2. I prefer to accept that Draupadi did not exhibit such superficial behavior because of her upbringing and her stature as a queen of high order.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

One of the lessons from Mahabharata is relevant even now., " Eat a lot, exercise a lot, Stay healthy . Learn from Bhima.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
anil wrote:

I quote here what I read, I am agree with was a wise queen. thanks for correction.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
anil wrote:

To be honest, apart from one or two abridged versions, I have not read Mahabharata in detail, but from what I have heard and read about critical reviews by some experts, it is argued that Draupadi was a Divine being, she was born from the fire of the yagnas, and was married to the five brothers each of whom were considered to be powerful warriors, scholar, intelligent and wise men. IT is very unlikely that a queen as refined and cultured as her would exhibit such kind of public mockery. And even if grant that she did laugh, it is highly unlikely that she would mock Duryodhana referring to his blind father.

Especially read the Update 2. I prefer to accept that Draupadi did not exhibit such superficial behavior because of her upbringing and her stature as a queen of high order.

There are different versions of Mahabharat and the one I have is an English translation of the one written by Vyasa Maharishi . . However, Draupadi had a very harrowing and tough life with her father because he did not want a daughter , so she is confined to one section of the palace and is not allowed to mingle with the other royals. Her maid and Drishtadhyumna born with her through fire and the only person allowed into her quarters teaches her archery and warfare..In fact he suggests that she should be married off so that she could lead a happier life. 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
anil wrote:

There are different versions of Mahabharat and the one I have is an English translation of the one written by Vyasa Maharishi . . However, Draupadi had a very harrowing and tough life with her father because he did not want a daughter , so she is confined to one section of the palace and is not allowed to mingle with the other royals. Her maid and Drishtadhyumna born with her through fire and the only person allowed into her quarters teaches her archery and warfare..In fact he suggests that she should be married off so that she could lead a happier life. 

Many version of all epics books are available. Author add or delete what they think. If read Mahabharta written by Narender Kohli you will find much different than others authors.

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
anil wrote:

Many version of all epics books are available. Author add or delete what they think. If read Mahabharta written by Narender Kohli you will find much different than others authors.

i read an abbreviated version Of Mahabharata from the Library. But i found all the details are provided so that  the Mahabharata's central theme is retained.

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
anil wrote:

i read an abbreviated version Of Mahabharata from the Library. But i found all the details are provided so that  the Mahabharata's central theme is retained.

It is not possible to change central theme, but events can be changed.

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
anil wrote:

It is not possible to change central theme, but events can be changed.

If events are changed , then it is not genuine Book on Mahabharata. Such books should not be read. They create wrong impressions on this great epic Mahabharata.

How does one know which is genuine and which is not? who is the authority on that ? After a passage of time it is not easy to know which is fact and which is fiction !

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.