Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Arunima Singh wrote:

This is a welcome decision by Supreme court. This decision will impact all the political parties because everyone in Indian politics has cashed vote bank for their benefits be it BJP, Congress or any regional or religious frot.

I hope political parties follow the decision. Though the decision is in national interest, I doubt if political parties will implement it. 

While agreeing with you that, the Historic decision of Supreme court puts an end to Vote  bank politics, I do not agree with you that the BJP is involved in Vote Bank Politics. For the BJP, Nation's interest comes first.

I will like to take the discussion to a higher philosophical  level. The Supreme Court judgement is good but how and who will enforce it? let us not forget religion is entwined in Indians lives and willy nilly it creeps into our life. Thus the SC is not an agent for social change but just an organization that maintains status quo. If it was an agent of change it would have struck down reservation on basis for CASTE. This is against principle of natural justice and meritocracy so important for development. To me this judgement is meaningless.

And already Mayawati has started her election campaign on the basis of caste in UP election. Habits do die hard. Politicians will use vote bank for their interest.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Caste based politics  is a vital weapon for the politicians in India. Politics sans caste factor cannot be imagined. even in the dreams.

MG Singh wrote:I will like to take the discussion to a higher philosophical  level. The Supreme Court judgement is good but how and who will enforce it? let us not forget religion is entwined in Indians lives and willy nilly it creeps into our life. Thus the SC is not an agent for social change but just an organization that maintains status quo. If it was an agent of change it would have struck down reservation on basis for CASTE. This is against principle of natural justice and meritocracy so important for development. To me this judgement is meaningless.

Yes that makes sense , however the election commission can make changes so that the politicians don't make promises to any one community ignoring the others. During last elections in my place , people belonging to a certain community were taken to the voting booth in buses , given a tiffin before voting and 100 rupee note after they voted ..I am sure this sort of thing is shameful and shd be brought to an end !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:

No doubt decision on Supreme court is Noble one. But it is my question election without using religion, cast and language is possible in country. Our leader don't know any thing, they can only speak on religion and cast. For Yadavs MY is set formula to compete election and  well know Behan Ji like only to condem Manu wadi. 

With the availability of  modern technology  like Internet, social media as well as Mobile phone technology,political parties cleverly use these tools, to their advantage to bring the caste factor to get votes.

Yes it is right. Who will stop to religious leader to give fatva in favor of candidate.

MG Singh wrote:I will like to take the discussion to a higher philosophical  level. The Supreme Court judgement is good but how and who will enforce it? let us not forget religion is entwined in Indians lives and willy nilly it creeps into our life. Thus the SC is not an agent for social change but just an organization that maintains status quo. If it was an agent of change it would have struck down reservation on basis for CASTE. This is against principle of natural justice and meritocracy so important for development. To me this judgement is meaningless.

You have raised an absolutely important question of how and who will enforce the order. Frankly speaking, even those who are seeking votes in the names of religion or caste at present know that what they are doing is ethically wrong but does it all the same. Once I came across an article in which it was mentioned that in one village of UP the maulvis themselves seek votes favouring a particular candidate in loudspeakers.

The most awaited decision has been taken, the religious politics are very much dirty it creates lot chaos in the society and which not good for the common people.

sdfafa

In fact this vote bank politics did not spare USA this time. Remember Trump singing praise for Hindu and how much he loves them.

In India the implementation will be really tough

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

I think Vote Bank politics is universal. USA is not an exception.. In such  a scenario, I agree that in India it is difficult to avoid Vote Bank politics.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.