Recently a BSF Jawan shared a video on social media stating the quality of food they have to eat. In our defence system there are  many corrupt officers who take the good quality material supplied to our forces, and mix low quality cheap material and supply it to our Jawans. Now the Jawan is shifted to other unit and an inquiry has been set on the matter.

http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/look-at-what-we-eat-bsf-jawan-whose-videos-went-viral-shifted-1647057

http://www.comparenshop.in

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I am astonished to see the food given ... a burnt Parantha...a glass of tea.... This is the kind of food given to a BSF jawanl  who guards our Borders  from external invasions... pity. Any how, the Home minister ordered an inquiry. I sincerely hope the condition pertaining to food given to our Jawans

I have been seeing that video on FB for the past few days. It is indeed a pity to see the BSF jawans being treated so abominably. The poor guys are caught in a grind between the harsh and worst imaginable working conditions and the bureacracy and red tapism at all levels. Why isn't BSF taken under the wings of the Ministry of Defense so they do not have to endure such pitiable treatment?

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

These Jawans, sentinels of the borders will be on duty for 11 hours in the snow and at times they have to stand through out After the HM;s inquiry, i hope things will be OK

I have seen this video.  Having served in armed forces and closely interacted with BSD,  I can say the video is fake.  This jawan  deserves a pithu  parade and nothing else.  People must know that mess is managed  by Jawans  cooks.  Totally false video. 
MG Singh wrote:I have seen this video.  Having served in armed forces and closely interacted with BSD,  I can say the video is fake.  This jawan  deserves a pithu  parade and nothing else.  People must know that mess is managed  by Jawans  cooks.  Totally false video. 

That is exactly what I thought too when I first saw the video. But then I thought that a jawan won't post such a video unless there was truth in it, but now I know. Incidentally, can you throw light on how he managed to post the video in the first place? As far as I know, the jawans are discouraged from using social network sites, so how did he do it?

Cant seem to decide which version to believe. To think that the jawan would create a fake video to share on FB when he is positioned at the LOC seems unlikely and so is the other side of the story as being reported by the people at better positions. 

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

I have been seeing that video on FB for the past few days. It is indeed a pity to see the BSF jawans being treated so abominably. The poor guys are caught in a grind between the harsh and worst imaginable working conditions and the bureacracy and red tapism at all levels. Why isn't BSF taken under the wings of the Ministry of Defense so they do not have to endure such pitiable treatment?

There is corruption in army also but such things like bad food to jawans do not happen. The reported bad. The state of affairs in a particular BSF unit is also most likely an isolated event. Hope corrective action will be taken. It is not feasible to allocate all organizations to defence ministry. Even Border Road organizations (GREF) is in Ministry of transport.  The organizations like BSF and ITBF are in home ministry. Army is intended more for fighting during war. Safeguarding borders is with ITBP,  BSF  and the sea border with Coast Guard.  There is more need to eliminate irregularities and corruption.   

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Before this video, CAG also pointed out about the quality of the food supplied to BSF forces.

http://www.bhaskar.com/news/NAT-NAN-bsf-jawan-viral-video-tej-bahadur-yadav-news-hindi-5502349-PHO.html?ref=ht

http://www.comparenshop.in

My father who served in the army u til the late sixties would always tell me that food was never compromised on. He in fact said that they had a ration of two eggs , half liter milk and plenty of other food including fruits at meal time,..This video is definitely a fake may be circulated with some ulterior motives

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

There is corruption in army also but such things like bad food to jawans do not happen. The reported bad. The state of affairs in a particular BSF unit is also most likely an isolated event. Hope corrective action will be taken. It is not feasible to allocate all organizations to defence ministry. Even Border Road organizations (GREF) is in Ministry of transport.  The organizations like BSF and ITBF are in home ministry. Army is intended more for fighting during war. Safeguarding borders is with ITBP,  BSF  and the sea border with Coast Guard.  There is more need to eliminate irregularities and corruption.   

Oh Okay, thanks for clarifying the affiliations of different paramilitary forces. I think this video can not be fake but could very well be an isolated case as you suggest. Nevertheless, be it the army or any of the other paramilitary organizations, the fact is that all of them work in harsh, inhospitable conditions and need to be fed well. If this is due to corruption, then proper investigations must be undertaken and the problem should be resolved before further morale of the jawans go down.

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.