The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Distorting history is not acceptable. True. But i dont think i can agree with what the karni sena did. There has been no proof of any romantic or dream scene between DP and RS. There have been no rushes or screening of the film, then how did these ppl decide of this dream scene?? Even before the production started it was made very clear, to the disappointment of DP fans, that there was no mushy scenes with her real life boyfriend.

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Some facts.

istributed by Viacom 18 Motion Pictures
Release date
  • 17 November 2017[1]

Production on the film began in July 2016. That same month, playback singer Shreya Ghoshal tweeted about singing a song composed by Bhansali for the film.[2] Many media outlets speculated that Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone, who played the leads in Bhansali's Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela (2013) and Bajirao Mastani (2015), were finalized to play Alauddin Khilji and Rani Padmini in the film with a dream sequence planned between the two stars. Multiple actors were rumored to be attached to the part of Rani Padmini's husband Rana Rawal Ratan Singh, including Vicky Kaushal and Fawad Khan. Later it was speculated that Shahid Kapoor was approached for the role. [3][4][5]

In October 2016, it was announced that Bhansali would team up with Viacom 18 Motion Pictures to produce the film with Kapoor, Singh and Padukone playing the lead roles.[6]

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

The story of Pdmavati well known to most is simply that Khilji had very romantic feeling for Rani Padmmavati. He had seen her image in a mirror.  He could never see her in person.  There appears nothing wrong in depicting the historic facts as known to all. The movie does not include any scene of interaction between  Khilji amd Padmavati as such. What is depicted is simply dream or fantasy of Khiljee. I don't see any reason for the kind of violent reaction afgainst Bhansali. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Totally agree. What they should have done is probably ask for a special screening for the karni sena or the rajput sena or who ever is involved before the movie actually hits the  theater to make sure there is no objectionable content. That would have been a better way of handling the situation. This violence is uncalled for. 

Divya wrote:

Totally agree. What they should have done is probably ask for a special screening for the karni sena or the rajput sena or who ever is involved before the movie actually hits the  theater to make sure there is no objectionable content. That would have been a better way of handling the situation. This violence is uncalled for. 

I agree. It would have been better if  the concerned Karni Sena or the Rajput Sena made a Movie. This certainly would have cleared all the suspicions and doubts especially things pertaing to objectionable matter

rambabu wrote:
Divya wrote:

I agree. It would have been better if  the concerned Karni Sena or the Rajput Sena made a Movie. This certainly would have cleared all the suspicions and doubts especially things pertaing to objectionable matter

I did not talk about the Karni Sena making the movie. I just meant they could have asked for seeing the movie after its completion but before it is opened for public screening.

Thank you said by: rambabu
Divya wrote:
rambabu wrote:
Divya wrote:

I did not talk about the Karni Sena making the movie. I just meant they could have asked for seeing the movie after its completion but before it is opened for public screening.

Right. I just misread your response. Thank you for correcting .

If senas are going to give clearances then why have elected governments. No way such practices should be entertained.

No doubt that Karni Sena chief and the supporters went too far inspite of the fact that they were provoked by Sanjay Leela Bhansali by firing a rifle in the air ..However, hopefully now onwards India culture and it's history would be given the same respect that other religions are accorded..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.