Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Gods are treated like showpieces and displayed as per paying capacity of the viewer. So god  is under control of mortal humans.

Thank you said by: rambabu

gods are definitely Showpieces. They are mere stone sculptures carved by humans like you and me.

rambabu wrote:

gods are definitely Showpieces. They are mere stone sculptures carved by humans like you and me.

Gods are definitely not showpieces neither are they controled by us. Stone sculptures, statues, icons etc are all made by humans as they can related their faith better to a definite visual, that's all. So do not call gods as showpieces or anything similar.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Gods are definitely not showpieces neither are they controled by us. Stone sculptures, statues, icons etc are all made by humans as they can related their faith better to a definite visual, that's all. So do not call gods as showpieces or anything similar.

I surely believe you, on your statement as gods are not shown pieces for them who come to temple to pray with their pure heart. Sculptures of gods create attachment between God and people who truly believe in God. 

Thank you said by: rambabu, Kalyani Nandurkar

Now, I understood both Kalyani and you. Thank you

In a particular religion there are no statues, icons, paintings etc and yet the commitment and attachmentvto their religion is equal or greater.

vijay wrote:

In a particular religion there are no statues, icons, paintings etc and yet the commitment and attachmentvto their religion is equal or greater.

We are not discussing the different religions and how a particular religion is practiced but the point is that most of the religious places have become money minting place. Though people throng to Shirdi and Tirupati, these places have lost their religious sanctity because in every step money speaks louder than anything else.     

shampasaid

In earlier times the religious places where also places of commerce as they would atract thousands of persons. Nothing wrong in that. So why crib now. No one can make you part with your money unles you are willing. So let us stop preaching and talk about attachment etc. Religion is one form of commercial activity.

God and religion has now become entangled..when we go back to the early days we see that it was nature in different forms being worshipped. This also brings the larger question, where were all the gods and goddesses and the connected stories and the many customs and rituals that have become a curse to the present day society in many ways ? This itself shows that religion is a man made institution that evolved through times.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Religion was perhaps invented to bring order in society and bond it together in common rituals. In days gone by it may have been necessary but in todays times it may need to be redefined.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.