General Taxi market is covering by Cab service . Is it good or bad? Like in Mumbai people happy to book OLA ,Uber etc and feel safe but General Taxi and Auto market is decreasing due to that.

Do you feel its good or bad. As per my point of view its good because cab work as per online system so mostly its safe but in normal taxi we can not believe all the time.

Santosh Kumar Singh

http://experienceofknowledge.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

It is both good and safe. And in some places, cheap too.

I don't think it really makes much difference regarding safety whether one hires general taxi or cab services. If I m not mistaken, uber services had been involved in controversy few years back wen the driver raped women who had hired it.

I am sure people are not aware of those episodes where in Taxi Drivers take unsuspecting teenagers or Women employees are being raped and murdered.

jabeen wrote:

I don't think it really makes much difference regarding safety whether one hires general taxi or cab services. If I m not mistaken, uber services had been involved in controversy few years back wen the driver raped women who had hired it.

Yes there​ have been instances of Ola drivers as well taking liberties . In Bangalore I noticed that there are quite a few women drivers working for Uber. They drive their own cars and keep flexible timings. Apparently they are in great demand by women passengers, not surprising after all that happened in Bangalore in the recent years. 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Everything depends on convenience and circumstances. I can see any number of auto three wheeler near my home as well as office. So I need not go for Ola. But if  you can't find any taxi nearby,  you will best contact Ola/ Uber on your smart phone. There is no need to be particular about any mode. Do what suits you in the circumstances..

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: rambabu

Very recently, I visited a  local temple that was a bit far away. After finishing my work at the temple, when I descidrd to return home, I tried for an Auto. But, no one was willing to oblige me.

Fortunately, a gentle man, who was passing by, after knowing my problem, took out his smart phone , contacted an  nearby Ola agency and within a few minutes, I got a Taxi.

Pls type taxis are here to stay as they are following the integration model of smartphone,software and customer coordination. The ease and tracebility are its plus points.

Until recent times, I never had the chance of knowing about thse Ola/Über taxi services. It was only during my trip as  I said above.

Category: Discussions 2 days ago

Do you feel its good or bad. As per my point of view its good because cab work as per online system so mostly its safe but in normal taxi we can not believe all the time..

Personally speaking I feel that it is quite safe barring a few instances in the past after which security has been tightened. I use Uber and Ola frequently , sometimes quite late at night .. probably it also depends on the city you live in !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Taxis are safe but yes a single bad sheep can give a very bad name to be whole tribe especially if media picks it up.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.