Kashmir is on the boil. Sadly the PDP-BJP government has allowed things to slide with the result that the valley is on fire and daily attacks are taking place on security forces by militants. Stone throwing continues and even girls are joining in. On top, a police officer detailed to defend the Mirwaiz has been lynched to death. Really unheard in Kashmir. I operated for years in the valley but it was never so bad. Who is responsibel, MOdi, and the BJP?

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

It is true that there were  disturbances in the Kashmir Valley.The recent killing of a Police officer Outside a Mosque is deplorable.

Additionally, such events are occurring in the Kashmere Valley

In order to bring down such incidents, it takes time.

India under the able leadership of Modi will succeed sooner than later in its attempt to make the things normal

Earlier, the anti nationals and stone pelters in Kashmir used to run away in fear on seeing the Army vehicles. I wonder what has made them so fearless that they are now making it to the daily news with their actions.

The people funding militancy and violence in Kashmir are continuing the flow of money as they know that the iron is red hot. No better time to strike the hammer than now. 

While I agree with the topic , I feel that we cannot hold only Mr Modi responsible. The situation is alarming and the present govt led by Mehbooba Mufti ,where the BJP seems to have little or no say in the matter , is looking the other way there by showing open support to the terrorists, separatists and anti nationals. Unless very strong steps are taken, this would spread yo other parts . Already we can see parts of Kerala becoming another Kashmir like situation under the Communist party rule.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
usha manohar wrote:

While I agree with the topic , I feel that we cannot hold only Mr Modi responsible. The situation is alarming and the present govt led by Mehbooba Mufti ,where the BJP seems to have little or no say in the matter , is looking the other way there by showing open support to the terrorists, separatists and anti nationals. Unless very strong steps are taken, this would spread yo other parts . Already we can see parts of Kerala becoming another Kashmir like situation under the Communist party rule.

A potentially strong step can be that BJP breaks the alliance with PDP and eventually lose the foothold in J&K. But I am ready to bet they won't. 

Abhishek Sharma wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

A potentially strong step can be that BJP breaks the alliance with PDP and eventually lose the foothold in J&K. But I am ready to bet they won't. 

I too strongly feel that they should break off and impose Presidents rule there .. it may still come to that !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Whatever administrative steps may be taken the fact is that in increasing numbers of Kashmiris are turning hostile towards India. The present agitators are mainly home grown. They have gradually lost ferar of police and army. It is a reality that India has not been able to resolve the issue. Present government both at center and state look clueless in solving the problem. They are expecting the situation to resolve itself. How murky can it get. But it is to be admired that some members still have faith in Modi to solve the problem.

If at all, anybody can solve  this Kashmir issue, it is only Modi.

For this, members suggested a few ways to solve this eternal problem in Kashmere. Additionally, the Government too exploring several ways to contain the problem once and for all,

The recent killing of a police officer outside a Mosque in Srinagar

Category: Discussions 10 hours ago

Who is responsibel, MOdi, and the BJP?

I doubt if it is as simple as that .. we have to look at the larger picture before blaming a leader who has been targeted time and again by the opposition going to the extent of showing solidarity with the enemy, shameful indeed ! Quoting from an article..

While evaluating the government’s response, one has to keep in mind that going into war should not be the first option because the country’s economic growth has just started coming back on track after ten years of complete derailment under the UPA government.

Besides human casualities, any form of war will create uncertainty and economic slowdown and that is something we cannot afford at this juncture. Those advocating war should not forget that the nuclear bomb-armed rogue nation of Pakistan is also capable of inflicting serious damage on us.

Emotional reaction of every single Indian wanting to avenge the death of our soldiers is a testimony that we are a nation of patriotic citizens. In the past, whenever our country went to war, we all overcame our internal differences and stood as one with our forces.

Incidentally, during all previous wars - with the exception of 1999 Kargil aggression - Congress was at the helm of affairs. Every single time, Congress got all unconditional support from the Opposition, though some Left parties preferred their ideological boss China over India during the 1964 India-China war.

However, today, when Congress is in Opposition, it is indulging in petty politics instead of extending wholehearted support to the Modi government. While making fun of Prime Minister Modi for his 56-inch chest anecdote, some Congress leaders conveniently forget how the entire political class rallied behind their governments in event of such grave external threats.

In the past, the Congress messed up on the Kashmir issue on several occasions and failed to capitalise on opportunities to corner Pakistan.

Former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had even issued a joint statement with Pakistan PM Yousaf Raza Gilani on the sidelines of NAM summit at Sharm el-Sheikh in 2009, where Pakistan made India acknowledge its involvement, overt or covert, in Balochistan.

Recently, when slogans like "Kashmir ki azadi tak jung rahegi" were shouted in JNU, Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi stood in the support of such anti-national elements. The Congress also forgets that its CM in Maharashtra, Vilarao Deshmukh, was indulging in terror tourism at the Taj Mahal Hotel when Mumbai was attacked in 2008. The central government of the day could do nothing beyond sending a dossier and exchanging pleasantries with the Pakistani leadership.

And to continue..

hoto: PTI)

How can we expect the present Congress leadership to come clean on Kashmir when it was none other than Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru himself who significantly weakened India’s position on Kashmir in his desperation to earn the tag of an international statesman?

Former external affairs minister Natwar Singh writes about Nehru’s blunder in his book One Life is Not Enough:

Taking the Kashmir issue to the security council of United Nations was a monumental mistake. By doing so, he converted a domestic matter into an international one. Not only this, Pandit Nehru agreed to a plebiscite in Kashmir for ascertaining the views of the people. He also agreed to a representative of the UN Secretary General to conduct these elections. Furthermore, he mentioned that he had no objections taking the Kashmir issue to the international court of justice at The Hague.

Further, Nehru’s myopic and rudderless China policy shows how personal whims and fancies can cost a nation so dearly. Nehru visited China in October 1954 and received a grand welcome.

Natwar Singh writes:

The first letter he wrote on his China experience was to Edwina Mountbatten and shared details of his confidential discussion with Chinese leaders, which was against the oath of secrecy taken by him as India’s PM. As Chinese military activity on the border increased with disquieting speed, Pt Nehru’s response didn’t satisfy Parliament. He confessed in the Rajya Sabha that he had foolishly not kept Parliament informed of the developments and made an irresponsible statement that not a blade of grass grew in Aksai Chin.

Though loss in 1964 war against China was imminent due to our military’s lack of preparedness, the scale of defeat and loss of human lives could have been much less had Nehru entrusted the command of the war to someone other than defence minister Krishna Menon’s favourite General BK Kaul...

usha manohar wrote:
Abhishek Sharma wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

I too strongly feel that they should break off and impose Presidents rule there .. it may still come to that !

A week ago I was following a discussion on Republic tv where Arnab Goswami constantly advocated in favour of breaking the alliance. He was very confident about the statement he was making made me feel that maybe he had some inside news but still the alliance is intact. Modi is not handling the Kashmir issue quite firmly which is not expected of him.    

shampasaid

A plebisite was held in Jungadh when it's Nawab opted to join Pakistan. On it's basis it was then brought under Indian control. Similarly Hyderabad too was brought under Indian control when it's ruler wanted to join Pakistan. So was the case with Bhopal. The situation in J&K was reverse and to neutralize the rising trend of comparing these situations Nehru stated that the opinion of the people of J&K will be taken at an appropriate time.The J&K asembly around 1957 clearly has mentioned in its preamble to the State's constitution that J&K is an integral part of India. Long after Nehru's death in1986 elections when the 10or 12 winning candidates of opposition were winning and were declared defeated these persons started the anti national movement which today has snowballed into a headache for India. Some people will quite from here and there in a disjointed manner and their sole aim is to blame Nehru all the time and then go to sleep. The problem has to be solved today not in y esteryears.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.