Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

What about the 'natural" threat omnipresent in the Forum itself. How do we face it?

What do you mean? Please explain

Humans are also natural.

vijay wrote:

Humans are also natural.

I request you to ignore the cruel fact of this forum or else every thread will become meaningless. The person who is misusing the site for personal benefit will never ever try to change his own attitude. 

Well, it would be nice if you can share any incident, good or bad, related to natural calamity. Through this we all will emerge a little more knowledgeable regarding calamities which may become handy in the future.  

shampasaid

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

In 1975 I witnessed flood in Patna. It was the Son river which flooded the whole city. The flood was massive. Only a few centimeters were left for the first floor to be drowned. I still remember the sound of the breaking of the boundary wall of a college and within five seconds our area got flooded. Water level went on increasing.,and that became a matter of concern.

shampasaid

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

In 1975 I witnessed flood in Patna. It was the Son river which flooded the whole city. The flood was massive. Only a few centimeters were left for the first floor to be drowned. I still remember the sound of the breaking of the boundary wall of a college and within five seconds our area got flooded. Water level went on increasing.,and that became a matter of concern.

That must be quite a harrowing time. Parts of Imphal too experience flash floods every monsoon but not so severe as the one you have experienced. So far the level of water has not gone above knee. 

jabeen wrote:

I have faced lots of natural calamity in the form of earthquake. Northeast India is an earthquake vulnerable zone and we very often have it. We usually run out of the house and stay out till the shaking subsides. Earlier earthquakes didn't much terrify us as we are used to it but the earthquake which took place on 4th jan 2016 really scared all of us. It took place early in the morning around 4:30am, when most of the people were in bed. The intensity of the earthquake was 6.7 Richter scale which was quite terrifying. I think it shook for longer duration than before too. It literally destroyed Imphal as lots of buildings were damaged in that earthquake. A few people were also killed and left many people with bad memories. Many people are more terrified of earthquakes after that incident

I guess we humans are so trivial that there is absolutely nothing we can do against it's fury except hope for the best. It is this very power of nature that inspired people to worship it. I have never experienced an earthquake but can imagine the fear and devastation it brings with it.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

jabeen wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

That must be quite a harrowing time. Parts of Imphal too experience flash floods every monsoon but not so severe as the one you have experienced. So far the level of water has not gone above knee. 

Yes jabeen, it was indeed a harrowing time. I was a school student at that time. My father was admitted in AIIMS for pacemaker surgery. My mother and another family member was with him in Delhi while rest of us were in Patna. Two of my uncles stayed on the roof and sent rest of us to a relative's place in Patna only but in another area which was not flooded. While we were leaving our home the water was at waist level and what a current it had. It was difficult to move ahead. We made a chain and moved forward. When we came back after almost ten days I suppose, it was a mess all around.  

shampasaid

usha manohar wrote:
jabeen wrote:

I have faced lots of natural calamity in the form of earthquake. Northeast India is an earthquake vulnerable zone and we very often have it. We usually run out of the house and stay out till the shaking subsides. Earlier earthquakes didn't much terrify us as we are used to it but the earthquake which took place on 4th jan 2016 really scared all of us. It took place early in the morning around 4:30am, when most of the people were in bed. The intensity of the earthquake was 6.7 Richter scale which was quite terrifying. I think it shook for longer duration than before too. It literally destroyed Imphal as lots of buildings were damaged in that earthquake. A few people were also killed and left many people with bad memories. Many people are more terrified of earthquakes after that incident

I guess we humans are so trivial that there is absolutely nothing we can do against it's fury except hope for the best. It is this very power of nature that inspired people to worship it. I have never experienced an earthquake but can imagine the fear and devastation it brings with it.

@usha manohar you have rightly said that nothing can be done against the fury of nature. We human beings are simply helpless in such condition. I have experienced minor earthquakes many times in Delhi. It was not devastating but always left behind a sense of fear for some time. Sometimes it so happened that I felt the tremor but no one else did so in the family and we confirmed it through news. 

shampasaid

Yes. Despite several Achievements, humans are yet to find a way to stop the Nature fury.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.