Supreme court has banned crackers this year for Diwali in the capital. your take on this..

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

It is a good move, especially since Delhi is one of the most polluted cities. Why only for Diwali ? They should be completely banned within city limits.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Though Diwali without crackers is lifeless, I feel, the move to ban is perfect. It is not just about pollution, people spend huge money on the crackers which is meaningless in my opinion. Celebration should not take the form of wastage although the rich people are not ready to accept it.  

shampasaid

Thank you said by: Arunima Singh
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

Though Diwali without crackers is lifeless, I feel the move to ban it is perfect. It is not just about pollution, people spend huge money on the crackers which is meaningless in my opinion. Celebration should not take the form of wastage although the rich people are not ready to accept it.  

Exactly!!! Nowadays bursting crackers isn't limited just to diwali celebration. In Imphal for the last few years, it has become a trend to burst crackers from around Durga puja and ll continue for few days after diwali. Its so nuisance for everyone around. The sounds it creates frighten the animals, disturbing them. But many people are spending lots of money on them, especially since cheaper Chinese made products are easily available. Bursting of crackers should b banned even in imphal or it should be limited for only few hours on diwali day.

Thank you said by: Shampa Sadhya

It can be organized better instead of totally banning it. One can have Communal display of fireworks where people can gather , witness and enjoy the spectacle..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Arunima Singh, Shampa Sadhya, jabeen

In New Delhi  Cracker ban is required due to  Pollution issue but some should be allowed which can be light.

Santosh Kumar Singh

http://experienceofknowledge.blogspot.com/

Law is effective if it is followed by those for whom it is made. If they do not then no court or police can enforce it. SOMEWHERE IN 2004 OR THEREABOUT  IN GUJARAT THE HIGH COURT MADE HELMETS COMPULSORY FOR TWOWHEELER DRIVERS. IT WAS A SIGHT TO SEE ALMOST A SIGHT ALMOST EVERYONE WEAR HELMETS FOR ONLY A WEEK OR SO. IT WAS OPPOSED BY CERTAIN SECTIONS AND THAT WAS THE END OF IT. TILL DATE HARDLY ANYONE PUTS HELMETS. EVERY DAY NUMBER OF PERSONS DIE IN CRASHES AND EVERYONE SAYS IF THEY HAD WORN HELMETS PERHAPS THEY WOULD BE SAVED. MODI WAS THE CM. BUT HE ALSO COULD NOT ENFORCE THE LAW. IT IS A CONSPIRACY OF SILENCE IN POLITICAL CIRCLES. SO IF PEOPLE WANT TO UNDERTAKE RISKS WHAT CAN ONE DO. SO FIRECRACKERS WILL BE BURST BAN OR NO BAN.

I am surprised that the move is given a communal color. 

I hope reforms come in all religions and their celebration towards a better society. Not only should Diwali become green but all festivals across all religions.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Thank you said by: Shampa Sadhya, usha manohar
usha manohar wrote:

It can be organized better instead of totally banning it. One can have Communal display of fireworks where people can gather , witness and enjoy the spectacle..

This is a good idea. Even expense on cracker would become less..  

shampasaid

Thank you said by: usha manohar, Arunima Singh

Old habits die hard. Now saying thank you is the new way of bursting crackers for gaining points.

vijay wrote:

Old habits die hard. Now saying thank you is the new way of bursting crackers for gaining points.

The problem with you is wanting to criticize for the sake of doing so. The only point grabbing that is going on is by a member who is reading articles day in and day out after he has been banned from the forums.

If you analyse and see,  the person who thanks gets one point , whereas the person thanked gets 3 points and a post gains 5 points. From my point of view , when I want to acknowledge the contributions made by members I would rather thank  them rather than making posts thanking them and having little else to add  ... none of the active members are the kind wanting to grab points . So please stop insulting members with your imagined charges ...

Thank you said by: Arunima Singh, Shampa Sadhya
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.