What do you think are necessary to successfully invest in Stock Markets? Is it the analysis through different ratios along with a look on the quarterly reports & disclosures & profitability. Knowing companies act provisions, constant update with MCA amendments regarding all laws are required, are there any other things that need to be known & any sites from where we can get the data & analyse? Kindly support your answers with links so that it will be helpful to all. The sites which I use are www.moneycontrol.com, www.mcagov.in, www.sebi.gov.in, searching for annual reports in Google. Watching stock market news in CNN IBN, ET Now & Business Now channels.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Thanks for sharing the sites. I always thought of investing in Stock market but somehow felt an inhibition. Maybe these links will help

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

No matter how many precautions we take , it s absolutely essential to be alert about stock market movement on a day today basis and sell the stocks when you see the market trend changing.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Invest in mutual funds and let experts do the fund management. You can be at peace and there will be good returns over a 3 to 5 years time horizon. 

Thank you said by: Arunima Singh

Mutual funds too depend wholly on the stock market but with much less headache since you get the promised amount anyway and whatever appreciation ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

Mutual funds too depend wholly on the stock market but with much less headache since you get the promised amount anyway and whatever appreciation ..

Which are the top performing mutual funds now in the market, can you tell me please?

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Which are the top performing mutual funds now in the market, can you tell me please?

I can recommend the two I am invested in which have given good results, having already reached the target and outperforming ..ICICI Prudential and Aditya Birla Sun life .. the SBI Bluechip funds  are also doing well from what I have read and heard.

Almost all MFs perform well over a two to three year or more time span. Now a days a riskometer is also shown on the MF write ups for one to decide the risk involved versus the rate of return. Naturally higher the risk higher the return. But it depends on the investor. 

There are many people I know of , who manage their funds themselves instead of depending on fund mangers , by moving to different stocks that is on the rise..with banks paying less and less for fixed deposits mutual funds and shares seem much more attractive investment options

Hi, i love this topic.. Investing in Stock market is very good decision where you need more knowledge and you can get more returns which beats our inflation. To get such big returns, we have to invest long term( greater than 3 years- in stock market field). Also, we have to look both fundamental and technical features.I personally use moneycontrol.com , screener etc. Let me list some points to be considered before investing in stock market,

Under Fundamental Analysis:

1. Company's past growth and future growth 

2. Quarterly Reports(to know debt and profit, marginal profit etc) and if possible chairman's speech etc. 

3.Company's production (present and capacity to do in future) etc.

Under Technical Analysis:

1.Ratios are needed : PE,P/BV, Debt to equity ratio etc.

2. Charts are not needed much.( just refer whether graph is moving in 45 degrees.. haha y=nx in terms)

I think these might help to choose the correct share.

If you can't do those things and if you are afraid of market fluctuations, go for mutual funds.Because the fund managers will do all these. Just we can invest in funds.For choosing mutual fund, choose good fund house.Classify your investments based on large,mid,small cap.. My suggestion: better don't go for sector based allocation because sectors have some cycle of performance in stock market. 

Thank you said by: epraneeth77
usha manohar wrote:

No matter how many precautions we take , it s absolutely essential to be alert about stock market movement on a day today basis and sell the stocks when you see the market trend changing.

I agree to the above point. And to be clear, the share market is for big players who invest millions in the market. They have the power to influence the direction of market. People who are normal investors like us are just playing with their luck.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.