Ever since it was announced the film has been attracting all kinds of negative publicity . There have been reports about distorting history, taking artistic freedom too far and so.. The sets were damaged and so on. Now that it is ready for release ( the official date is December 1) there are more controversies and threats by all political parties . What are your views on this issue ?

maxresdefault

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Almost every community, group or sect in India are dissatisfied with some issue or the other. We are still to develop a homogenous unity factor or factors. We enjoy in being in pain or on giving pain.Padmavati is a fictional character but considered real by her followers. Now what can one do. Even ruling party wants it banned. So who is going to give justice.

Thank you said by: usha manohar

This is sheer vandalism. What is the use of censor if films face such trouble. . 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: usha manohar, Arunima Singh

Historical facts ,even if they get exaggerated with time, tend to gain undue  importance because of the issues that surround them . However, the Central govt has taken the right stand with Smriti Irani the Information and broadcasting minister stating the film will be released as per schedule. 

https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/m.timesofindia.com/entertainment/hindi/bollywood/padmavati-incidents-that-made-headlines-about-the-deepika-padukone-ranveer-singh-shahid-kapoor-film/smr/amp_photostory/60982538.cms

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Now Deepika has put her foot in her mouth by calling India a regressive nation. She has called for more political controversies. Some even have gone to the extent of calling her a Dutch citizen and not an Indian. That is the passport she has owing to her birth. So many more controversies coming ahead.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

One can understand Deepika's state of mind ...However, coming up with negative statements will not help the situation now. It is better for all the stars concerned to stay quiet..Deepika was , I think born in Denmark since her father was playing a match there and her mother who was pregnant was accompanying him and had to give birth there. Padukones are Saraswats from Mangalore . Padukone is a small village close to Mangalore and Deepika lived in Bangalore .

usha manohar wrote:

One can understand Deepika's state of mind ...However, coming up with negative statements will not help the situation now. It is better for all the stars concerned to stay quiet..Deepika was , I think born in Denmark since her father was playing a match there and her mother who was pregnant was accompanying him and had to give birth there. Padukones are Saraswats from Mangalore . Padukone is a small village close to Mangalore and Deepika lived in Bangalore .

But I still think that she should have thought twice before making that comment. I agree that +existence of Padmavati might be difficult to prove, but we cannot deny the fact that generations of people have grown up listening to songs and tales of reverence about the queen and the way she (maybe not really Padmavati, but hundreds of young queens like her and their ladies) have  committed johar so that they escape the horrible humiliation and outrages at the hands of Mughal. The specific scene that is the cause of this controversy around the movie shows Ranveer as Khilji dancing a seductive dance with Padmavati which has outraged the sensitivity of people who revere the queen. Filmmakers, actors etc. are free to express their thoughts in whatever way but certainly they too do not have the right to take liberties of extreme kind and then keep shouting hoarse that there is no freedom of expression in India. I think they are all being hypocrites here.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Arunima Singh, usha manohar

I totally agree with Kalyani. The creative license can not be misused to hurt sentiments of a community. Moreover, in India one has to be more sensitive and sensible. Films have been in controversies earlier too and have been opposed by government in past also. I remember Kamal Hassan did a special premier of his controversial movie Vishwaroopam for Muslim community before release and made changes before release. Why can't it be done same this time?? No pseudo secular intellect called it a regressive step and no body came forward to advocate for expression and creative license. What a hypocrisy??

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Thank you said by: usha manohar, Kalyani Nandurkar

In the name of creative freedom many take advantage but it is also true that common people try to invade every work of art without a proper knowledge. Actually, those who are creating problem if get quizzed about the history of Rajputs, very few will be able to give a commendable reply. It is true that Deepika made a negative remark but, isn't it due to frustration? And, I think it will be the same if we too face a same kind of situation.  

shampasaid

Thank you said by: usha manohar

While I am all for freedom f expression, one should also remember that freedom comes with a lot of responsibilities. I remember the time Dan Browns book and film The Da Vinci Code was released. There were protests in most Christian countries including India. The film was banned in several Catholic nations because of the controversial subject of Jesus Christ and his romantic liaison . So, it is not as if people across the world dont protest when their feelings are hurt. So to call India a regressive nation is going to far and does not help in solving the issue .Like Arunima mentioned , our leaders are selective in their protests , the same Kamal Hasan now speaks in a different tone altogether since he has political ambitions.

If it hurts the common sentiment then it will be protested but the makers will speak for their creation only. Protest is okay but in the form of vandalism is quite unacceptable.. 

shampasaid

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.