Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Arunima Singh, Kalyani Nandurkar
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

If it hurts the common sentiment then it will be protested but the makers will speak for their creation only. Protest is okay but in the form of vandalism is quite unacceptable.. 

I agree with you here that the form of protest against this movie could have been a different one and not caused harm to property of others. The same director had earlier also twisted the character of Peshwe Bajirao - a valiant warrior and a brave general, and showed him as nothing but a lovelorn idiot dancing to the tunes of his consort Mastani and also showed Kashibai - a queen, a Brahman lady dancing around in a dream sequence just to add masala to his movie thereby hurting the sentiments of Brahmin community of Maharashtra, but we chose to protest in different ways - nothing happened from it of course, but vandalism was never a choice.

The same director has created a similar - more provacative and titillating dream sequence between Khilji and Padamavati which has provoked the Rajputs! Instead of calling people regressive and backward, why does he need to have such kind of songs and seductive dances at all?

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

usha manohar wrote:

Very very interesting and so true!. This is a perfect answer to all those who advocate 'freedom of expression' when the movie is all about glorifying the most disgusting and barbaric invader like Khilji and so-called sophisticated and educated ladies like Padukone vocally justify such movies.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

usha manohar wrote:

One can understand Deepika's state of mind ...However, coming up with negative statements will not help the situation now. It is better for all the stars concerned to stay quiet..Deepika was , I think born in Denmark since her father was playing a match there and her mother who was pregnant was accompanying him and had to give birth there. Padukones are Saraswats from Mangalore . Padukone is a small village close to Mangalore and Deepika lived in Bangalore .

Thank you for clarifying the facts about pl of birth and other details pertaining to Deepika Padukone. Place of birth is not significant in her case.  It is the parentage that is important. Somebody may be born in another country if pregnant woman is abroad. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: usha manohar
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

One can understand Deepika's state of mind ...However, coming up with negative statements will not help the situation now. It is better for all the stars concerned to stay quiet..Deepika was , I think born in Denmark since her father was playing a match there and her mother who was pregnant was accompanying him and had to give birth there. Padukones are Saraswats from Mangalore . Padukone is a small village close to Mangalore and Deepika lived in Bangalore .

Thank you for clarifying the facts about pl of birth and other details pertaining to Deepika Padukone. Place of birth is not significant in her case.  It is the parentage that is important. Somebody may be born in another country if pregnant woman is abroad. 

I agree that she is an Indian citizen for all practical purposes and if she does possess a Danish passport it is incidental. 

Coming back to the controversy I feel that things are going too far with people threatening to cut off Bhansalis head and chop off Deepikas nose ! It is utterly ridiculous ...one can exchange views ,stand firm on issues but threatening and resorting to violence shows that they are more concerned about their own fragile egos rather than preserve historical facts.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Shampa Sadhya

I totally agree with Usha. Such threats and goonism only abuses the freedom in a democratic set up. So it is another hypocrisy that you are targeting someone for taking their freedom too far while abusing the one that you have.

Sometimes it goes like a mob where one just gets carried away without using their own logic. Here I agree with Shampa that many of them might not be knowing the history but do not mind getting negative publicity and political mileage

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Thank you said by: usha manohar, Shampa Sadhya

Actually we should be questioning as to why this happened in the first place? It is precisely because of the past appeasement policies adopted by the netas towards one particular section of minorities. It happened with Tipu Sultan , where historical facts were distorted by certain historians and the state government simply because it suited them. This has now found expression in the form of protests about every matter that involves minority community.. so , in my opinion all the more reason for film makers to be more sensitive while dealing with such explosive subjects.

Thank you said by: Arunima Singh, Kalyani Nandurkar

Now the fringes have gone too far!! They are protesting against the film maker because he has shown the dignity of padmavati in a wrong frame. And they have called Deepika a prostitute. That clearly shows how much they actually respect a woman and her dignity. Another feather in the cap of hypocrisy!!

Now CBFC has sent back the movie to the makers and cited that the paper work was incomplete. So more trouble and controversies surrounding it

Arunima Singh wrote:

Now CBFC has sent back the movie to the makers and cited that the paper work was incomplete. So more trouble and controversies surrounding it

Could be a delaying tactic , however it is needed now because of the dangerous levels the protests have reached. .

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.