China is facing Muslim insurrection in Sinkiang province. The Uighurs are also resorting to terrorist acts and China has countered by banning fasting during Ramadan as they consider it harmful to health. Children and women are particularly instructed not to fast and this is Enforced. Muslim practices of keeping beards is also discouraged and the Sharia is outlawed. No triple talaq and plural marriages. Divorce is as per Chinese law and not Sharia.  The surprising thing is that in India the Muslims want all these things.   Sadder is that principle opposition Congress supported by the Left and lallu's party want the Muslim identity and laws to remain. I feel this is antinational. Readers may like to comment why Muslims are silent when it comes to China and in India they are so vociferous.s.

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Personally speaking I feel that China is taking extreme measures against Muslims , of course they may have a reason for that. I feel that in India we need to stay moderate . The best option is to implement uniform civil code and ban burqua  in educational institutions and work places. Other than that it is not possible to ban it altogether because it gives them an identity like other religious groups have.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: jabeen
usha manohar wrote:

Personally speaking I feel that China is taking extreme measures against Muslims , of course they may have a reason for that. I feel that in India we need to stay moderate . The best option is to implement uniform civil code and ban burqua  in educational institutions and work places. Other than that it is not possible to ban it altogether because it gives them an identity like other religious groups have.

You are right. Even I feel that China is taking extreme measures against muslims. Banning of burqa is understandable as allowing burqa can sometimes compromise with national security. Like wise, banning of triple talak or polygamous marriage is good measures but other measures such as banning fasting during Ramzan, or not allowing to keep beard etc are not justifiable. Keeping beard or fasting are personal choice and don't affect other individuals.

usha manohar wrote:

Hello.  I small boy was made to follow Ramadan and fast.  He fainted and put on drip. Fasting for children, old and infirm, pregnent women needs to be banned.  It's a health hazard.  The Chinese think so and Muslim world has accepted.  Yes it looks extreme and can be moderated. 

China wants all citizens on same footing.  No Sharia law and practice.  They want a 'Chinese identity'and not a separate Muslim identity.  They have a point.  One can disagree with it but Muslim world dare not offend China. In India it'd the opposite. 

MG Singh wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Hello.  I small boy was made to follow Ramadan and fast.  He fainted and put on drip. Fasting for children, old and infirm, pregnent women needs to be banned.  It's a health hazard.  The Chinese think so and Muslim world has accepted.  Yes it looks extreme and can be moderated. 

If I am not mistaken, Muslim religion already exempt old people, children, sick from fasting during Ramzan. At least that's what was told to me by my Muslim friends.

The problem with Islam is with it's preachers and mullahs who go overboard with their brainwashing to an extent where the aged , small children and others who are exempted end up fasting because they feel they would be considered special. It is the same kind that s used for Jihad or religious war. Some follow blindly and some with criminal tendencies take advantage of the religious preachings . It could happen with other religions too but not to this extent.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

MG Singh wrote:

China wants all citizens on same footing.  No Sharia law and practice.  They want a 'Chinese identity'and not a separate Muslim identity.  They have a point.  One can disagree with it but Muslim world dare not offend China. In India it'd the opposite. 

It is the appeasement policy that most of our political parties are following. Karnataka is getting ready for state election and the CM had a brainwave last month. He announced that all the pending cases against minorities will be dropped , but thankfully the local media did not spare him so he had to hastily change the decision saying all pending cases against Innocent people will be dropped . Now other than the court , who is going to prove the innocence of the accused? Honestly , only a Congress leader can come up with such muddled things ..next we may see all accused minorities released because they are " Innocent" 

The Congress at every stage has let the concept of one India and one identity go to dogs.  No wonder Karnataka CM has come out with such silly statements. 

jabeen wrote:
MG Singh wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

If I am not mistaken, Muslim religion already exempt old people, children, sick from fasting during Ramzan. At least that's what was told to me by my Muslim friends.

You are right Jabeen, such people are exempted from keeping fast during Ramadan, however, I know that the orthodox thinking amongst many families actually force little children of about 7-8 years old to begin fasting at such tender young ages and even the elderly themselves fast because their religion requires them do so, even though they may be frail and not upto such rigorous practices. There are many in India who carry the religious rituals too far!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
jabeen wrote:
MG Singh wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

You are right Jabeen, such people are exempted from keeping fast during Ramadan, however, I know that the orthodox thinking amongst many families actually force little children of about 7-8 years old to begin fasting at such tender young ages and even the elderly themselves fast because their religion requires them do so, even though they may be frail and not upto such rigorous practices. There are many in India who carry the religious rituals too far!

Exactly, this needs to be stopped, but I do admire the Chinese who with scant respect for Islamic world go about their system of integration of Muslims in China. Boy, you don't obey, you go to a labor camp. here we can't even get rid of polygamy and triple talaq. In case Nehru had acted just after independence, all would have been well. He left behind so many problems that frankly he has to go into the dustbin of history.

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.