Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: Has BJP done well in these 4 years?

    by » 9 months ago


    usha manohar wrote:

    Even today we only hear of freebies given at the 6 percent tax payers expense to those who don't pay taxes ...farmers get free electricity in many states , low interest loans but absolutely no technogical knowledge given to get the maximum benefit out of farming . The main reador why they commit suicide is because the govts do t really care ..waiving off loans is not a solution 

    They too need to be educated and shown the right direction so that the time and effort they put in becomes productive.

    There are other businesses too where people fail and go bankrupt and yet, they stand up again and start all over again. However, in the past couple of decades, farming and everything associated with it, has become or has deliberately been projected as a sensitive issue. Where on one hand, except for a handful few, most farmers indiscriminately use harmful toxic pesticides, genetically modified hybrid seeds which have been proven to be carcinogenic, use oxytocin injections on livestock to increase milk production and also on fruits and vegetables to make them appear better - all of this at the cost of people's health and wellbeing. And then when the yields are low because their own indiscriminate use of pesticides has rendered the soil poor, or the rains wash away the crops, they cry foul and demand that their debts be cleared without paying a single rupee. And all governments try to fall on their feet in a scramble to who will clear the debts first!

    Originally, while the traditional farming was used, the farmers were very knowledgeable and a wise lot where the crop farming and seasons cycle was concerned. All that ancient knowledge is now gone thanks to the invasion of foreign pesticide and seed factories and hence, when a problem arises, the farmers do not know what to do as they have no knowledge that their forefathers possessed. So it is must that they are educated and encouraged to turn to traditional methods of farming. Only then this vicious cycle will be broken.

     


    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
    - W. C. Fields :)


    Thank you said by: suni51

  • Re: Has BJP done well in these 4 years?

    by » 9 months ago


    Offering freebies is never a solution to the problems being faced in India. Even the previous UPA government resorted to offering freebies as elections approached. People who get these benefits enjoy the most but common man suffers and feels demotivated.

  • Re: Has BJP done well in these 4 years?

    by » 9 months ago


    Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
    usha manohar wrote:

    Even today we only hear of freebies given at the 6 percent tax payers expense to those who don't pay taxes ...farmers get free electricity in many states , low interest loans but absolutely no technogical knowledge given to get the maximum benefit out of farming . The main reador why they commit suicide is because the govts do t really care ..waiving off loans is not a solution 

    They too need to be educated and shown the right direction so that the time and effort they put in becomes productive.

    There are other businesses too where people fail and go bankrupt and yet, they stand up again and start all over again. However, in the past couple of decades, farming and everything associated with it, has become or has deliberately been projected as a sensitive issue. Where on one hand, except for a handful few, most farmers indiscriminately use harmful toxic pesticides, genetically modified hybrid seeds which have been proven to be carcinogenic, use oxytocin injections on livestock to increase milk production and also on fruits and vegetables to make them appear better - all of this at the cost of people's health and wellbeing. And then when the yields are low because their own indiscriminate use of pesticides has rendered the soil poor, or the rains wash away the crops, they cry foul and demand that their debts be cleared without paying a single rupee. And all governments try to fall on their feet in a scramble to who will clear the debts first!

    Originally, while the traditional farming was used, the farmers were very knowledgeable and a wise lot where the crop farming and seasons cycle was concerned. All that ancient knowledge is now gone thanks to the invasion of foreign pesticide and seed factories and hence, when a problem arises, the farmers do not know what to do as they have no knowledge that their forefathers possessed. So it is must that they are educated and encouraged to turn to traditional methods of farming. Only then this vicious cycle will be broken.

    Beneficial farming is possible without using expensive pesticides and hybrid seed. Many farmers is doing it. It is called no cost farming. But government is not supporting it on own level. Government is giving hug subisidy to manufactures of seed and fertilizers. Most of pesticides companies are foreign based. They have good control of government and bureaucracy. They never like it that government focus on zero cost farming.


  • Re: Has BJP done well in these 4 years?

    by » 8 months ago


    This topic is old, but I have resurrected it as it has become relevant again. Please read my earlier tweets on this site. and question. Modi lost in the Hindi heartland and there are signs that he will crash out in UP, Punjab, and Haryana. Where will he win? He has no base in southern states or Bengal. Modi will follow Vajpayee. He squandered an excellent chance to lead India for at least 2 decades but as I have stated he is a man with no horizon as he never studied the great philosophers as he has limited command of English and for the first time we had a PM who could not express himself abroad in a proper way. At home, he made a mess by speaking every time in classical Hindi( nothing wrong with it) but the southern states require English that's why Dr. Ambedkar had suggested that English be the only state language. In my view( I am entitled to it) he created misery for the soldiers, farmers, and small businessmen


  • Re: Has BJP done well in these 4 years?

    by » 8 months ago


    MG Singh wrote:

    This topic is old, but I have resurrected it as it has become relevant again. Please read my earlier tweets on this site. and question. Modi lost in the Hindi heartland and there are signs that he will crash out in UP, Punjab, and Haryana. Where will he win? He has no base in southern states or Bengal. Modi will follow Vajpayee. He squandered an excellent chance to lead India for at least 2 decades but as I have stated he is a man with no horizon as he never studied the great philosophers as he has limited command of English and for the first time we had a PM who could not express himself abroad in a proper way. At home, he made a mess by speaking every time in classical Hindi( nothing wrong with it) but the southern states require English that's why Dr. Ambedkar had suggested that English be the only state language. In my view( I am entitled to it) he created misery for the soldiers, farmers, and small businessmen

    I partly agree with that but still feel that you are only highlighting the negative points and not the many reforms that have happened under him . Speaking English is not really required since Nehru/Indira/Rajeev never spoke in English when they came to south but spoke only in Hindi ..Modi is a very committed leader and as of now he is the only choice we have . Rahul Gandhi can never be a national leader because he neither has the capacity nor the caliber.


    Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!


    Thank you said by: jabeen, suni51

  • Re: Has BJP done well in these 4 years?

    by » 8 months ago


    I have nothing much to say but if knowledge of English was the main criteria for ruling this country then Englishmen were doing it perfectly....cheers. let's talk about development of India through infrastructure and removal of poverty.


    I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

    https://o0.nz/


    Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

  • Re: Has BJP done well in these 4 years?

    by » 8 months ago


    suni51 wrote:

    I have nothing much to say but if knowledge of English was the main criteria for ruling this country then Englishmen were doing it perfectly....cheers. let's talk about development of India through infrastructure and removal of poverty.

    True...if Modi is supposed to be a failure because his English is limited then definitely the people of this country need to get their brains examined. Saying English is needed to run the country is quite ridiculous. Just because Modi does not play to please the crowds but takes some hard hitting decisions because only then the country will benefit in the log run makes people uncomfortable and angry then those people do not deserve good people but they deserve only corrupt fools/


    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
    - W. C. Fields :)


    Thank you said by: suni51

  • Re: Has BJP done well in these 4 years?

    by » 8 months ago


    suni51 wrote:

    I have nothing much to say but if knowledge of English was the main criteria for ruling this country then Englishmen were doing it perfectly....cheers. let's talk about development of India through infrastructure and removal of poverty.

    Yes. There is no doubt that everything we see in India from TamilNadu to Lahore and Punjab like the postal service, high court, everything else is the gift of the British Raj. Read Nirad C Choudhry and one will realize that the Raj brought stability and sanity to India where there were just anarchy and Jizzia tax and what, not earlier. My grandfather spent 40 years in Calcutta and he vouchsafes that the Raj was the best time in India. Can you imagine that it was only during the British Raj that a man could travel from Delhi to Calcutta without fear? and Hindus could live peacefully.

    Yes, I agree we need to focus on poverty but the governments including the BJP have failed. We had great hopes with Modi but suicides by farmers have gone on and on.


  • Re: Has BJP done well in these 4 years?

    by » 8 months ago


    Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
    suni51 wrote:

    I have nothing much to say but if knowledge of English was the main criteria for ruling this country then Englishmen were doing it perfectly....cheers. let's talk about development of India through infrastructure and removal of poverty.

    True...if Modi is supposed to be a failure because his English is limited then definitely the people of this country need to get their brains examined. Saying English is needed to run the country is quite ridiculous. Just because Modi does not play to please the crowds but takes some hard hitting decisions because only then the country will benefit in the log run makes people uncomfortable and angry then those people do not deserve good people but they deserve only corrupt fools/

    Modi is doing exactly what you say he is not doing. He just plays to the gallery with bombastic speeches and empty promises but every day is not Sunday and now Modi has been ousted from the BJP strongholds of the Hindi heartland called the cow belt. The cow is not going to give victory to Modi.


  • Re: Has BJP done well in these 4 years?

    by » 8 months ago


    I will just add a most famous quote by Nirad Choudhry. 

    To the memory of the British Empire in India,

    Which conferred subjecthood upon us,
    But withheld citizenship.
    To which yet every one of us threw out the challenge:
    "Civis Britannicus sum"
    Because all that was good and living within us
    Was made, shaped and quickened
    By the same British rule.”

    Who will like to deny this?


You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.