The results are on the way for 4 Lok Sabha and 10 MLA vacancies. The BJP has lost the crucial Khairana seat which it had held in UP to a Muslim candidate and has only one win to show in Palghar.  The defeats in UP are very serious and show that BJP which had won 72 seats in the last election may not get even 20.  The loss to the NCP and the Congress in Vidharba and Bangalore are an eyeopener. The Congress won in Bangalore despite all the euphoria created by Modi Bhakts. The writing is on the wall as Rajdeep Sardesai in his program mentioned how will BJP get a majority if it is unable to wrest UP? Chances are the days of BJP are numbered and like the defeat of Vajpayee, there is a distinct possibility of Modi sitting in the opposition. He will regret the opportunity wasted which was given to him. The combined opposition will steamroll him.I cannot say whether it will be good or bad for India but Modi has wasted time in office. He promised much but achieved very less. All one can say is that he is a good orator, but that will not win elections.

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

It is not easy to read mind of Indian voters. Every thing is possible. It is time for BJP to brain storming. It is not possible to repeat results of 2014. In 2104 BJP won all 25 seats of Rajastan but this time it is not possible. In my views it is better to sitting is opposition that alliance government for BJP if they will not get majority.

anil wrote:

It is not easy to read mind of Indian voters. Every thing is possible. It is time for BJP to brain storming. It is not possible to repeat results of 2014. In 2104 BJP won all 25 seats of Rajastan but this time it is not possible. In my views it is better to sitting is opposition that alliance government for BJP if they will not get majority.

Yes, that is a good suggestion. BJP should sit  in opposition if does not get majority. It should not try and form government like it tried in Karnataka. The fact us BJP will never be able to repeat 2014. Who is to blame? Modi had been given a glorious chance but he failed. That is the perception of the people. It is interesting to read the comments of Yeshwant Sinha.

One fact however bad that has emerged is that corruption is not an issue with Indian masses. They are more concerned with caste, clan and religion. That is the reason despite doing a relatively good work on corruption at high places  theBJp lost to " corrupt " leaders and parties. BJp should beware.

Thank you said by: usha manohar
MG Singh wrote:

One fact however bad that has emerged is that corruption is not an issue with Indian masses. They are more concerned with caste, clan and religion. That is the reason despite doing a relatively good work on corruption at high places  theBJp lost to " corrupt " leaders and parties. BJp should beware.

I live at a stone's throw from Kairana and Noorpur. The Muslim population in these two places is over 80% so I knew it all along that BJP had no chance especially with all opposition parties fought together. But by-elections are different from general elections as the opposition can show their so called "Togetherness" but then the issues will be different. Yashvant Sinha and Satrughan Sinha are spent force but maybe they will find a place in RJD or Congress.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: usha manohar

Personally , I had/ have a lot of regard for Yashwant Sinha and felt that , the BJP working committee should have overlooked his criticisms against Modi in 2014 , and offered him a cabinet post which would have been very helpful for the image of the party.. however , we may not know all the facts that concerned the issue then, but I still feel that they should get him on their side during the coming elections , keeping aside all ego hassles.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

Personally , I had/ have a lot of regard for Yashwant Sinha and felt that , the BJP working committee should have overlooked his criticisms against Modi in 2014 , and offered him a cabinet post which would have been very helpful for the image of the party.. however , we may not know all the facts that concerned the issue then, but I still feel that they should get him on their side during the coming elections , keeping aside all ego hassles.

I agree with you@ Usha. Yeswant should be taken on board and age should not be a factor as Dr. Mahathir the new PM of Malaysia is 92. Modi must build allies. Alienating men like Chandrababu Naidu serves no purpose. BJP is on the back foot and the type of politics practiced by Modi has led to this situation.

There is hardly anytime to recover from the setbacks received, as the general elections are only a year away & if the people are not happy & united opposition prospers successfully then BJP has to face the situation of a defeat.

Common problems of a common man doesn't seem to have gone anywhere & this might prove to be a big factor in 2019 elections but if people really want growth & reduction in common man problems only BJP is the right party though their priorities should change & 1 election term gives no indication of a party's strength as it is the gestation period through which the party will pass through.

When Congress can be given 60+ of rule can't BJP government be given 1 more term? No Scams, Digitisation, Foreign funds, Jan Dhan Yojana are all very positive moves yet if it faces defeat then it is a disgrace to democracy.

It just means people are not thinking about long term benefits & people are not thinking rationally that when Congress can rule for 60+ years with corruption, lies & what not, can't BJP which is honest, transparent & positive rule for another term? A matter of thought to be put  by citizens before they vote.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

Losing vote share in one state but gaining in other states like Karnataka and Wrst Bengal balances it out . But UP because of it's sheer size is an important state and cannot be ignored ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

MG Singh wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

I agree with you@ Usha. Yeswant should be taken on board and age should not be a factor as Dr. Mahathir the new PM of Malaysia is 92. Modi must build allies. Alienating men like Chandrababu Naidu serves no purpose. BJP is on the back foot and the type of politics practiced by Modi has led to this situation.

Chandra Babu naidu has proved to be a very volatile and undependable Ally, time and again ..his demands were unreasonable and there were criticisms about it from everyone. I doubt if the new chow chow party will concede to his demands , if he decides to join them.. 

usha manohar wrote:
MG Singh wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Chandra Babu naidu has proved to be a very volatile and undependable Ally, time and again ..his demands were unreasonable and there were criticisms about it from everyone. I doubt if the new chow chow party will concede to his demands , if he decides to join them.. 

Yes his demand is not fair, as per norms it is not possible to declare AP special class. Benefit of declaring any state special state is, Central government give 90% of project cost to state. Modi assured Chandra Babu that with our declaring special state center will give 90% to AP. But Chandra Babu not agreed on it. beside people of this type is also responsible for down fall of BJP.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/videos/city/jaipur/caught-on-cam-smuggle-gold-instead-of-drugs-says-bjp-mla/videoshow/64410880.cms

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.