Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
MG Singh wrote:
suni51 wrote:

Why going to Matoshree now? Amit Shah could have gone to meet Raj Thake after wining Maharashtra election. That would have saved BJP lot of embarrassment at this stage. Being a hard core supporter of BJP there are some questions I need answers to all of them. 

This is a clear sign that the BJP is not confident of fighting the election on its own and taking help of Uddhav. To my mind, its silly as Uddhav has been attacking the BJP all along. The Shiv Sena was shown its position in the recent elections in Maharashtra where it had a no-show, so Amit Shah playing courtier at Matoshree is disgusting.

I feel it is not a question of confidence but more of trying to get them to stick with BJP as even though the style of functioning may be different, Shivsena too has its basis in HInduism and to do what they can for Hindu people similar to BJP, although Uddhav may have forgotten this fact. He seems to function more on advise of Sharad Pawar than anyone else or his own party's philosophy and that is why it is dangerous if he breaks away from BJP and joins NCP or other parties, as he still has a considerable follower base in Maharashtra thanks to Balasaheb Thackrey. BJP cannot afford to lose that base to NCP of others. So I think Amit Shah and Devendra Fadnavis should do all they can to make Shivsena stick togethr.

Your comment supports what I have written. Alistair McLean wrote, "fear is the key" and this is dictating BJP when it makes overtures to Shiv Sena. I live in Mumbai and I find the SS is completely discredited lot except for some very small pockets. Even in palghar and panvel BJP swept aside the SS many of whose candidates lost deposits.

MG Singh wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
MG Singh wrote:
suni51 wrote:

Why going to Matoshree now? Amit Shah could have gone to meet Raj Thake after wining Maharashtra election. That would have saved BJP lot of embarrassment at this stage. Being a hard core supporter of BJP there are some questions I need answers to all of them. 

This is a clear sign that the BJP is not confident of fighting the election on its own and taking help of Uddhav. To my mind, its silly as Uddhav has been attacking the BJP all along. The Shiv Sena was shown its position in the recent elections in Maharashtra where it had a no-show, so Amit Shah playing courtier at Matoshree is disgusting.

I feel it is not a question of confidence but more of trying to get them to stick with BJP as even though the style of functioning may be different, Shivsena too has its basis in HInduism and to do what they can for Hindu people similar to BJP, although Uddhav may have forgotten this fact. He seems to function more on advise of Sharad Pawar than anyone else or his own party's philosophy and that is why it is dangerous if he breaks away from BJP and joins NCP or other parties, as he still has a considerable follower base in Maharashtra thanks to Balasaheb Thackrey. BJP cannot afford to lose that base to NCP of others. So I think Amit Shah and Devendra Fadnavis should do all they can to make Shivsena stick togethr.

Your comment supports what I have written. Alistair McLean wrote, "fear is the key" and this is dictating BJP when it makes overtures to Shiv Sena. I live in Mumbai and I find the SS is completely discredited lot except for some very small pockets. Even in palghar and panvel BJP swept aside the SS many of whose candidates lost deposits.

If they had done it right after the Maharashtra election, it would have been better for both parties. In a partnership all parties are equal so no one should act BIG or SMALL Brother. The same thing might happen in Bihar as well.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
MG Singh wrote:
suni51 wrote:

While I agree with your sentiments Kalyani, the manner in which the Shivsena under Uddav Thackery has conducted otself is anything but conducive. By going after them, Shah might be further pampering their bloated egos...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

The Shiv Sena as I have mentioned is a spent force. It has zero representation in vast areas of Maharashtra like Vidarbha. Around Mumbai like Palgharand Panvel, Raigarh it is badly defeated by BJP. Udhav is sulking as he is not a force like Bala Saheb. He every day through his national paper castigates BJP, hoping BJP will give him seats and he can ride to power on the back of BJP. Amit Shah is committing a great mistake by trying to make up with SS and in the bargain, the BJP will be the loser. After the gang up in Karnataka, the BJP is unnerved. Modi better think of something else.

I don't consider any party especially SS as spent force. Maybe they will not win the election but fighting against BJP will certainly make a difference on the election result. After all the combined votes votes would be divided if nothing else.

usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
MG Singh wrote:
suni51 wrote:

While I agree with your sentiments Kalyani, the manner in which the Shivsena under Uddav Thackery has conducted otself is anything but conducive. By going after them, Shah might be further pampering their bloated egos...

That is true Usha, minus Balasaheb Thackrey, Uddhav has proved himself totally unreliable and unconducive in all manners, but BJP cannot afford to lose the SS cadres to NCP or other equally destructive forces. So even if it pampers their egos, BJP should keep trying to get them to stick with them. SS may have lost a few elections but they still carry significant influence.

To illustrate my point,I would like to give example of the AUrangabad riots that occurred recently, the 'peacefuls' started rioting over the municipality's action against an illegal water connection in a mosque and these rioters came out in large numbers carting large number of stones and petrol bombs. The police, few in number and without much of anti-riot gear or weapons had to flee with their lives. It was the Shivsena volunteers who fought these rioters and stood their ground, made sure that Hindus were safe although a lot of Hindu property was destroyed and one elderly gentleman was burned to death. Shivsena people might come off as crude and crass on occasions, but we have to give them credit that in many cities and villages, Hindus owe it to them to keep them safe against the 'peacefuls' aggression.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: suni51, usha manohar

Beside it sends a wrong signal among NDA that BJP does not respect its alliances which will make it even harder when the dirty politics of collision begins by loosing opposition.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
MG Singh wrote:
suni51 wrote:

That is true Usha, minus Balasaheb Thackrey, Uddhav has proved himself totally unreliable and unconducive in all manners, but BJP cannot afford to lose the SS cadres to NCP or other equally destructive forces. So even if it pampers their egos, BJP should keep trying to get them to stick with them. SS may have lost a few elections but they still carry significant influence.

To illustrate my point,I would like to give example of the AUrangabad riots that occurred recently, the 'peacefuls' started rioting over the municipality's action against an illegal water connection in a mosque and these rioters came out in large numbers carting large number of stones and petrol bombs. The police, few in number and without much of anti-riot gear or weapons had to flee with their lives. It was the Shivsena volunteers who fought these rioters and stood their ground, made sure that Hindus were safe although a lot of Hindu property was destroyed and one elderly gentleman was burned to death. Shivsena people might come off as crude and crass on occasions, but we have to give them credit that in many cities and villages, Hindus owe it to them to keep them safe against the 'peacefuls' aggression.

I guess the choice BJP has is between frying pan or the fire ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
MG Singh wrote:
suni51 wrote:

I guess the choice BJP has is between frying pan or the fire ..

People forget that joining along with SS means alienating the entire Dalit community in Maharashtra. Dalits are totally opposed to SS.

suni51 wrote:

Beside it sends a wrong signal among NDA that BJP does not respect its alliances which will make it even harder when the dirty politics of collision begins by loosing opposition.

But what kind of an alliance will they have with someone like Shivsena and it's leaders who don't miss a single chance to criticize and abuse Modi and BJP. In fact at times they are worse than Congress and other opposition parties.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.