USA's space exploration agency NASA is spending trillions of dollars on development and deployment of Orion spacecraft which will go beyond the Moon to explore space with Humans in it. Do you think that it is justified to spend trillions of dollars in space exploration or should we spend the same amount in improving the environment of Earth and helping the people living here ?

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

There is no harm in spending a large amount in study of space. Space development is equally important. We all are enjoying the various benefits of geostationary satellites now. So lets hope the study the US conducts will benefit every mankind in future.

I think development in all spheres is needed to benefit Human Kind and I agree with Jabeen. Environmental issues and many other issues are equally important and they should also be allocated money but not at the cost of other equally important projects and space projects are one of them.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

It is not new that government is spending on study and science. For thousand years peoples and government are doing it. Many scientists spend their whole life on research work. It is all for human being. Environment is also important, all government are doing in this field.

This is an old debate - spending money on space programme or spending money on good of the earth! Truth is, people all over the world are spending a hundred times more money on movies and entertainment than that is spent on space research programmes so this debate is actually quite futile. Space research and exploration is a kind of quest for knowledge and is much needed so it cannot be scrapped.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: arjun sai
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

This is an old debate - spending money on space programme or spending money on good of the earth! Truth is, people all over the world are spending a hundred times more money on movies and entertainment than that is spent on space research programmes so this debate is actually quite futile. Space research and exploration is a kind of quest for knowledge and is much needed so it cannot be scrapped.

Quest of knowledge is life when we have not quest, that day is end of life. Entertainment is necessary like space program.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.