Cottage tourism is new idea for the regular travlers .often visit in metro cities and stayed in five star hotels. This type way they did not get new experience. So travellers did not get peice of mind .for new experience visitors can visit in rural areas .they can feel local people and their habitat closely. 

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Hi , there are different kinds of tourism these days. Even in larger cities , those who can rent out a room or two in their house can do so to tourists since many like the home atmosphere. Breakfast too is normally offered and for those with large houses it is an additional income , besides keeping them busy. I know of several people doing that in Bangalore  .

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Arivesh kumar Rathor

I once stayed with a family in Coorg. They used two of their luxurious rooms of big house to rent it to tourist. We got authentic Coorg food for breakfast and dinner and they even gave us snacks and fruits when we went out for sight seeing. They were wonderful host and we chatted like family friends after dinner. The three day stay was wonderful. They even gave us some delicious food packed to have it on our way back. Usha rightly said that it is picking up everywhere including cities like Bangalore.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Yes ,this way we can get more injoy .and we feel new stories about the place whichever we visited. We watch the local original culture.But in north india it is not in trend .however many district of u.p. and bihar have unique culture and histrey .Like Etawah district in u.p. is famous for their notorious decoit name foolan devi,nirbhay gurjar, Lalaram e.t.c..so it will be adventurous to about their habitat and stories .visitors will feel beuty of revince after visiting there .
Arunima Singh wrote:

I once stayed with a family in Coorg. They used two of their luxurious rooms of big house to rent it to tourist. We got authentic Coorg food for breakfast and dinner and they even gave us snacks and fruits when we went out for sight seeing. They were wonderful host and we chatted like family friends after dinner. The three day stay was wonderful. They even gave us some delicious food packed to have it on our way back. Usha rightly said that it is picking up everywhere including cities like Bangalore.

So nice discuss. ...thanks 

Nowadays even the government is promoting the concept of cottage industry. In Manipur, when government sponsored siroi festival was held in Ukhrul district, tourist were encouraged to enjoy staying in the houses of locals. And it was done in an organized way, those who wanted to rent their rooms had to registered themselves prior to the festival and had to ensured that basic facilities were available to the tourists. The room rent was also fixed.

It is a good work of government but it is must for travel agencies to support this type of tourism. Government and private agencies must inspire the cottage tourism. Cottage tourism will grow new earnings in rural areas. So it will be helpful removing poverty in rural areas. For this requires to connect more local peoples. Giving him host,guide, modelling e.t.c. jobs cottage tourism will grow earnings. And it will be adventurous, injoy able and satisfying for the travellers too.

Cottage tourism is not a new idea. In Rajasthan it is for many years. It is called Dhani. You can experience here life of small village of Rajasthan.

http://www.chokhidhani.com/hotel-resorts/desert-camp-jaisalmer

Thank you said by: usha manohar
Arunima Singh wrote:

There are plenty of homestays across Kodagu district. The last time we visited , it was during monsoons and it was one of the best family holidays we had. We were in a large group and the children played football in the rain ...we stayed in a old Kodava house in a place called Kutta and in another homestay run by an estate owner at Wayanad which is very close to Kutta ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Rooms with breakfast and dinner are available in almost all parts of the country especially in NCR. If you are interested to get such facility search any travel site for rooms for short stay/holiday travel with name of the city to check what is suitable for you. There are certain agencies like goibibo.com and roomlions.com which cater especially for this purpose. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.