The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

VVIP culture can be found in all realms of life. One can see it even among animals where it is simple power domination. The more powerful the more feared you are , is the jungle rule. 

When we look around , we see this happening within families, communities and institutions. Some are always more powerful than others and are able to get more favors. I have seen it even at lower levels in offices where one of the peons is given more importance because he has learnt the art of being amicable and convincing his higher ups. Similarly, it reaches a totally different level altogether when it is in the case of rulers and celebrities since they are able to attract the masses. To a large extent we have to blame the society itself for putting up and nurturing this culture.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Bane of VIP culture is not so easy as you, Kalyani, write here. I read biography of Mahatma Gandhi, experience with truth, in it he write that how people of congress behave like a VIP. Here many leader are demanding security and many commondo deputed for the security of his and his family, it is all for VIP status. I am writing here one instance of  hunger of VIP Status. Few years ago Kiran Bedi, well Know IAS officer posted at Chandigarh  DIG. She withdraw security of leader and said that Chandigarh police can secure them. After few days she was transferred from Chandigarh.

We see VIP cultures in many forms. One of the most highlighted case took place last year in which Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad used his slipper to hit an employee of Air India just because he was not provided with certain privileges he was used to. What was shocking was that he had the nerve to boast about it later. Like wise, there are many other cases where so called big shots or relatives of such big shots throw tantrums or cause crime and get away with it, knowing that the people will look other way as they belong to the privileged group. Like wise, anyone who has achieved certain position in the society likes to have lots of retinue following them everywhere.

Born to an affluent family in India makes you a well deserved candidate for VVIP treatment. The mindset is so deep rooted. If you are born in a certain family, you feel that you are destined to be on the top without any personal talent and grooming. Our leader of opposition, Mr, Rahul Gandhi feels that he is privileged citizen of India because he is born to a particular family. He even had the audacity to say it in a foreign land that India runs on dynasty. That was a shame. I have heard many youngsters supporting Rahul that why would one sell tea if members of his family have been PM of the country. I feel that this mindset will need a lot of time to be totally eradicated and till then VVIP culture will prevail in some or the other form. 

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

In the name of security, the political leaders in India enjoy VVIP culture. It becomes terrible for the common men. It's an idea which is taken for granted that general people cannot have an important work to do, they can't have an emergency, no commoner can fall sick and so on. It is ridiculous that general citizens face a lot of trouble only because of a political leader or any other big shot would be taking the same route while going to their destination. Due to such practice, someone may miss a job interview, a baby may take birth on a pavement, a serious patient may succumb to an ailment and a much more awkward situation may arise but still, there is no change. The worst part is, the media remains silent. They write about the harsh realities but no campaign takes place against the VVIP culture.        

shampasaid

I hope you all would have visited old temples such as Jyotirlinga temple where lakhs of people visit on daily basis. How bad it feels when we stand for 3-4 hours waiting for your turn to visit the temple for worship and your turn further gets delayed just because some VVIP is there to visit the temple. In case some VVIP is visiting a temple, it becomes very unfortunate thing for people standing in the queue because the police will stop the queue from moving ahead so that VVIP person does not have to wait and no one pays important to the common people like us even if you are standing in queue for 3-4 hours or even if you are having fever. For VVIP people they also open special gate of temple so that he can sit down and worship for another half hour to one hour where as if you are a common man once you are in front of the idol, the security people will not even allow you to fold your hands and pray but they will push you back ruthlessly without caring if you fall down or not. I witnessed such thing in Shirdi temple and Bhimashankar temple in Maharashtra. Even we common people are spending our hard earned money to visit that temple and even our time has value as we also have families then why this partiality ? Even to worship God why to differentiate between VVIP and common people? While I feel bad the VVIP people will surely be enjoying the attention they get from people. I don't think it is easy to ban VVIP culture.

It is situation is all temple and holy place of country. Even in sample rates are fixed for visits. You can visit and worship as per your paying capacity. Beside temple it is also situation in hospitals. What is happen with a common person is hospitals it is news of every day. Doctors and other staff are much crude for common persons. If a VVIP person have some minor health problem, hospital admin depute a full team of doctors with is minutes. Investigation which are dream for common peoples are easily available to VVIP with charging a single rupees. 

Politicians , Celebrities , Industrialists and the creamy layer of the society is given to think that they are a cut above the rest. Their children and relatives further carry on with this culture thereby creating a class that is many a times beyond the reach of law and law makers , like we saw in the case of Salman Khan and many other politicians who get away with every kind of criminal activity. They use their clout for all the wrong reasons rather than use it for the reason why they are given power and position. This is more so in the case of political class.

We have the celebrities misusing the opportunity given to them like Sachin Tendulkar and Actress Rekha did by hardly attending any parliament sessions while making use of all the benefits. The money that was given as part of yearly grant meant for the benefit of people was unspent and probably now vanished into thin air. But are there any laws and procedures to make them accountable for being a drain on tax payers ? None at all...so we need to introspect and see why this is happening? When a common man is held accountable for every rupee he earns and spends , why not these VVIP s?

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

VVIP culture has been a part of many countries in old days. It was there in India since ages when society was divided into different sects based on their birth to a caste or sect and all your economic and socio-political condition was determined from your birth. Different caste did different job and there was a clear discrimination. 

But once it is a democratic country which discourages any discrimination...VVIP culture should not exist. Our constitution gives equal rights and responsibilities to all citizens and all need to be treated equal and well. 

VVIP culture also ensures that corruption prevails. Those affluent and powerful can buy everything.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

One of the obvious way the so called elite group resort to VVIP culture is being surrounded by lots and lots of guards. Whether they genuinely needs protection or not, having so many protection groups and other retinue at their disposal get them the VIP treatments from others. The services of many of the policemen are being wasted guarding them. It is said that at present nearly 475 individuals in India are availing the services of special protection group of varying degrees. The annual budget allocated for SPG for current financial year is 385 crore. When politicians and other celebrities avail their protection just for status symbol, they are wasting taxpayer's money.

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.