Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
jabeen wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

There are some such places in India too where motor transport is not allowed. One such place is Matheran in Maharashtra, a hill station where you can take your car only upto the outskirts of the town and from there on you have to go on foot or cycle around or ride a horse. But such initiative is needed in many cities, the concept is still new for India but once implemented will slowly take roots.

You mean to say that motor vehicles are not allowed in the whole town?? In that case, won't it be inconvenient for small children while going to schools or for taking very ill patients to the hospitals?

I am still amazed about the existence of such places.

Absolutely , it is impractical planning ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

jabeen wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

There are some such places in India too where motor transport is not allowed. One such place is Matheran in Maharashtra, a hill station where you can take your car only upto the outskirts of the town and from there on you have to go on foot or cycle around or ride a horse. But such initiative is needed in many cities, the concept is still new for India but once implemented will slowly take roots.

You mean to say that motor vehicles are not allowed in the whole town?? In that case, won't it be inconvenient for small children while going to schools or for taking very ill patients to the hospitals?

E vehicles can be used for children and patients.

Vehicles in certain places are banned to  avoid traffic jams therefore they have planned alternate routs carefully to keep the roads free for tourists the main source of revenue for these places. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

To ban certain categories of vehicles in parts of cities, steps need to be taken to ensure that there is adequate public transportation and connectivity within those parts.

anil wrote:
jabeen wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

I am not asking what can be used. But how they manage at present? Since Kalyani mentioned that the vehicles are not allowed beyond the outskirts of the town, some alternative measures must be existing now to deal with emergencies such as taking very sick to the hospitals. I am interested to know that. 

jabeen wrote:
anil wrote:
jabeen wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

I am not asking what can be used. But how they manage at present? Since Kalyani mentioned that the vehicles are not allowed beyond the outskirts of the town, some alternative measures must be existing now to deal with emergencies such as taking very sick to the hospitals. I am interested to know that. 

Since private vehicles are not allowed, there is only one ambulance operated by the municipality, then there are horses, carts to get around. As the town is very small with a population of just over 5000, people get by easily. The town is on top of a mountain and is declared as eco-sensitive zone and hence, it is crucial that anything that creates pollution cannot be allowed here. Also the town thrives mainly on tourism and if vehicles were allowed, imagine what the situation would be. The town and the mountain on top of which it is situated would fall to shambles within no time. There is also the famous Matheran toy train for tourists to get in town. I have attached the wikipedia link to its history and other info, please do read.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matheran

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: jabeen

Today I read news in news paper that Italy government is gifting beer bottle, Ice-cream and movie tickets to persons who are using public transport service, cycle and not using any type of vehicles.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.