Let me start by stating what is known to all that I served in the IAF for 2 decades and flew the Sukhoi and MIG and also took part in the Kargil operations. This is not to boast but state the reality. Coming to the Rafale deal, I will state its a murky deal and mostly Modi and the BJP have benefited. The  Rafael  is a fine aircraft but the IAF had projected a requirement 126 planes. This would have equipped 5 squadrons, the min required to face China + Pak. The Modi government whittled the demand to 36 ( One squadron) and the IAF I know was not happy. The reason goiven was that the planes were required urgently but everybody knows that even after 4 years of BJP rule not a single aircraft has landed in India.

The price of the deal was also escalated FIVE FOLD. Who did it? and what was the reason? In 2014 Dassault the manufacturer inspected HAL facilities and agreed that the ancillary work could be done by HAL, yet Mr. Modi gave a 300000 crore contract to Anil Ambani who was going to declare bankruptcy. HAL already manufactures teh sophisticated MIG 27 and services the Sukhoi advance air superiority fighter. What happened is treason but in India, one can get away with anything. I have written in articles on other sites-  the Congress was bad but BJP is worse. It's criminal to reduce a requirement of 5 squadrons to One. I could die laughing on a bed of nails.

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

My uncle was a doctor in Air Force and through him we got to live in his flat in Delhi which was for Air Force personnel. I grew up there and knew many families who served in IAF. I just went to visit my mom during this vacation and met few of them. There are still people in their families serving IAF in different capacities. My brother in law is a fighter pilot in IAF now. They have a all together different view on this. They do not find anything murky here and found these allegations baseless.

So it will be too general to say that all are unhappy. 

I have not much knowledge but I have met these real serving people..in different capacities and they seemed to praise government for that.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Today's debate in Lok Sabha showed how hyped up Rahuls argument was and Arun Jaitley came up with credible response which showed that Congress is making noise just for the sake of it ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

Today's debate in Lok Sabha showed how hyped up Rahuls argument was and Arun Jaitley came up with credible response which showed that Congress is making noise just for the sake of it ..

I differ as I watched a recorded version on youtube in Singapore later. Rahul was fine and he made relevant points. In fact, Modi himself should have replied but he has been hiding for years. Jaitley had no answer to two important questions which I also ask

a) Who whittled down the demand of the IAF from 126 ( 5 squadrons) to 36( only one)> Not the IAF. !26 is the min needed to face our enemies

b) Why the price was renegotiated with a 5 FOLD increase. Who authored it and how come as confirmed by the Ex-French president Hollande a contract for 35000 crores was given to bankrupt Anil Ambani.

c) why not a single machine has landed in India though 4 years have elapsed.

One can quote anybody from the net, as there are committed writers available but as an airman/ pilot I am worried and I know Modi has no answer.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.