Craze for magnificent religious buildings and related expenditure seems a major cause for shortage of essential needs. It is ironic that people think of magnificent temples when there is starvation and want.

Here is link about proposed Hindu temple that will be biggest in the world. Is there an end to such madness.

http://in.video.yahoo.com/news-26036098/national-26073656/bihar-to-get-world-s-biggest-hindu-temple-29750232.html

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I have mixed feelings about this ! On the one hand the whole expenditure does seem like such a wasteful expenditure, and can be put into much better use.At the same time, we make much of historical buildings and past glories so this may be one such in the coming years...However, the huge amount involved simply cannot be ignored or overlooked..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

It is totally maddening to waste so much money on building new temples, we already have so many and instead of using science, logic and rationality to progress further, we are only adding fuel to blind faith of people by building more and more temples when that money can be used for much more fruitful purposes and are direly needed for food and education of the poor. Also, we already have so many magnificent structures scattered all around the country but they are falling in ruins due to lack of funds to maintain them, why can't this money be used for that purpose instead of building new temples??

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
I have mixed feelings about this ! On the one hand the whole expenditure does seem like such a wasteful expenditure, and can be put into much better use.At the same time, we make much of historical buildings and past glories so this may be one such in the coming years...However, the huge amount involved simply cannot be ignored or overlooked..

We make much of past glories and historic buildings because this is best we can do. We are not living in past. Moreover, there was no democracy in the past. If I lived in past and freedom of expression allowed, I would definitely raise my voice against construction of Taj Mahal, built for personal memory of Empress. Anna team and other anti corruption workers would also have more meaningful role than today.

I totally agree with you Gulshan, I too would raise voice against building of a Taj in today's times, and yet there are those like Mayawati who succeeded in building their own personal monuments to satisfy their egos.

I have heard of a temple belonging to a couple Amma Bhagwan, somewhere close to Chennai which cost a whopping 100 crores and is completely guilded with gold! Actually there should be something in the law to prevent such buildings taking shape, at least not until everyone in this country if fed with enough food!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Its true that money is wasted on such buildings.But lets look it in another perspective just for argument sake..2-3 points that came to my mind.

1.Some argue that India should stop their space programs and divert the money for development of basic needs.Let the rich guys take care of moon and stars.Most of us wont agree with the argument.This case has some similarity to our present issue..
2.If a private trust have money and they want to spend it that way its also their democratic right.
3.Its a symbol of faith and glory.For us it may be a nothing, but for the believers it glorifies their faith and identity.
4.Bring revenue by tourism..?
I too have the dual mind in this case. As i m some where religious my mind think the worshippers want to express their faith in god by building the biggest temple. Yes it is very true that such expenditure is wastage but still we can get in return more once this place becomes tourist attraction.
Its true that money is wasted on such buildings.But lets look it in another perspective just for argument sake..2-3 points that came to my mind.

1.Some argue that India should stop their space programs and divert the money for development of basic needs.Let the rich guys take care of moon and stars.Most of us wont agree with the argument.This case has some similarity to our present issue..
2.If a private trust have money and they want to spend it that way its also their democratic right.
3.Its a symbol of faith and glory.For us it may be a nothing, but for the believers it glorifies their faith and identity.

Nothing is absolutely right or wrong. If this were so, there would not be issue. In fact, even the best has some bad points and the worst has some good points.

There can be no comparison between Scientific projects like space and research in atomic energy on one hand and making palatial buildings for God incarnate. Devotees may justify such expenditure but let them not claim that they are more spiritual and less materialistic.

I agree that private trusts have democratic right to spend the cash available with them subject to compliance with law. But in ultimate analysis, all money in country- government or private- belongs to people and this should be spent in common interest of people and not for whimsical notions of few who happen to control funds as trustees. We cannot find fault with them as long as we operate on basis of free economy, individualism and capitalist system. This is what makes Left politics more relevant.

Nothing is absolutely right or wrong. If this were so, there would not be issue. In fact, even the best has some bad points and the worst has some good points.

There can be no comparison between Scientific projects like space and research in atomic energy on one hand and making palatial buildings for God incarnate. Devotees may justify such expenditure but let them not claim that they are more spiritual and less materialistic.

I agree that private trusts have democratic right to spend the cash available with them subject to compliance with law. But in ultimate analysis, all money in country- government or private- belongs to people and this should be spent in common interest of people and not for whimsical notions of few who happen to control funds as trustees. We cannot find fault with them as long as we operate on basis of free economy, individualism and capitalist system. This is what makes Left politics more relevant.

:) As i said..just for argument sake :) :)
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
I also agree that this is a wastage of money.Already we have so many beautiful temples in our country.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in

We make much of past glories and historic buildings because this is best we can do. We are not living in past. Moreover, there was no democracy in the past. If I lived in past and freedom of expression allowed, I would definitely raise my voice against construction of Taj Mahal, built for personal memory of Empress. Anna team and other anti corruption workers would also have more meaningful role than today.

I agree that things were very different in the past and only power and wealth was respected.However, monuments built during those times become symbols of that era and everything else connected with it...As far as building temple complexes now, it is the same , some people wanting to show their superiority , but the believers dont look at it that way,for them it is a symbol of their faith !!!

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.