Has anyone noticed that today Google doodle is in the form of a beautiful painting titled The Kiss??

Well, today's 150th Birth anniversary of Gustav Klimt, a famous Austrian painter and me and my husband are worshipers of his work so I just wanted to share with you all a little bit about Klimt. He used real gold foils in almost all his works. :) :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gustav_Klimt

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 8171]}

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Has anyone noticed that today Google doodle is in the form of a beautiful painting titled The Kiss??

Well, today's 150th Birth anniversary of Gustav Klimt, a famous Austrian painter and me and my husband are worshipers of his work so I just wanted to share with you all a little bit about Klimt. He used real gold foils in almost all his works. :) :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gustav_Klimt

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 8171]}

I cannot notice this till now but good to see that today is the day of his Anniversary.He is a great painters of his time............
Really a nice piece of work. It appears as if it's a photo taken from camera. I have heard before about a painter who use gold foils for his works though I didn't remember his name.
Now only I came to know it's Gustav Klimt.
Though I don't have much knowledge about him, let me take this occasion to appreciate his wonderful works.

Meera sandhu
Really a nice piece of work. It appears as if it's a photo taken from camera. I have heard before about a painter who use gold foils for his works though I didn't remember his name.
Though I don't have much knowledge about him, let me take this occasion to appreciate his wonderful works.

Sandhya, this is not a photo taken by camera but a painting done by Klimt using oil colors. There are actually many others who used real gold foils in their paintings, but this is more closely associated with Klimt because of the breathless beauty of his paintings. Do you know that one of his paintings Portrait of Adele Bloch-Bauer II was sold at an auction in November 2006 for 88 million dollars?? :) :)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thanks for sharing this beautiful and unique art piece ... It is looking very real.. as it has been captured through the camera...
:)

Software Engineers never die...They just go offline.

http://jokesthegreat.blogspot.com
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Sandhya, this is not a photo taken by camera but a painting done by Klimt using oil colors. There are actually many others who used real gold foils in their paintings, but this is more closely associated with Klimt because of the breathless beauty of his paintings. Do you know that one of his paintings Portrait of Adele Bloch-Bauer II was sold at an auction in November 2006 for 88 million dollars?? :) :)

Ya...I also told so. It looks so realistic :) :) :)

Actually, I don't know how to draw even a cat or dog :( :( :woohoo: :woohoo: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: . So, i always wonder when I see beautiful paintings.
But I think, my daughter has got that talent. :evil: :evil:

Meera sandhu

Actually, I don't know how to draw even a cat or dog :( :( :woohoo: :woohoo: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: . So, i always wonder when I see beautiful paintings.

Sandhya ! it is very easy ... you can do it ... just follow some steps
1. catch a cat or dog.
2. put it on the paper.
3. draw the boundary around the cat or dog by using light shade pencil (3H)
:woohoo: :woohoo:

1. catch a cat or dog.
2. put it on the paper.

Nice idea....hoping you have started your painting with your pet dog, like this.
Thank you :) :) :) :) :)

Meera sandhu

1. catch a cat or dog.
2. put it on the paper.

Nice idea....hoping you have started your painting with your pet dog, like this.

Unfortunately I can't use my own idea.. :huh: because I don't have pet dog... and moreover I know Drawing.... :lol: :lol: :dry:

1. catch a cat or dog.
2. put it on the paper.

Unfortunately I can't use my own idea.. :huh: because I don't have pet dog... and moreover I know Drawing.... :lol: :lol: :dry:

then let me ask you pet cat if you are telling truth or just lying :P :P :P :P
Also, i want to see great creations of yours. Can you upload some? :evil: :evil:

Meera sandhu

1. catch a cat or dog.
2. put it on the paper.

then let me ask you pet cat if you are telling truth or just lying :P :P :P :P
Also, i want to see great creations of yours. Can you upload some? :evil: :evil:

In this thread we are remembering a great painter of world.. I can not upload my creations here... I will create separate thread for that.... :woohoo: :woohoo:
TreeofLifeGustavKlimt.jpg (You do not have access to download this file.)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.