The topic is locked.
I was quite surprised to see our new president highlighting hunger and poverty in his maiden presidential address! Does it carry any conviction? Only the other day he was the Finance Minister framing policies which only widened the gap between the have and have-nots! How some persons change when it suits them!
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Chinmoy jee this is politics they can change each and every second.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

President Pranab was only reading the address prepared by the union cabinet. If there is anything wrong or contradictory, Union cabinet headed by Man Mohan Singh is answerable. President like British monarch can do no wrong.

Let us not blame President for his any formal address or action. The Union government alone is responsible for all that. Now we have to see Pranab in his new role and not link his tenure as a minister to his current role.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

President Pranab was only reading the address prepared by the union cabinet. If there is anything wrong or contradictory, Union cabinet headed by Man Mohan Singh is answerable. President like British monarch can do no wrong.

Let us not blame President for his any formal address or action. The Union government alone is responsible for all that. Now we have to see Pranab in his new role and not link his tenure as a minister to his current role.

I don't know where did you get this information from that speech was prepared by the union cabinet? He was rubbishing the 'trickle down' theory of Manmohan Singh!
A ridiculous proposition - a government damning its own policy!!

As to linking past,I don't find any irrationality in it. After all what we are without our past!!

I don't know where did you get this information from that speech was prepared by the union cabinet? He was rubbishing the 'trickle down' theory of Manmohan Singh!
A ridiculous proposition - a government damning its own policy!!

As to linking past,I don't find any irrationality in it. After all what we are without our past!!

After assuming office office as President, There can be no individual views aired by President. All formal addresses and whatever President does is approved by cabinet. Now President Pranab is to act only on advice of Union cabinet and not according to his individual views. This is far different from his active and personal touch in all matters so far. That is why his past role is unconnected what he does as President. The peculiar position of President or Head of state is the reason why he is not criticized for his role as head of state. The only event when he plays personal role is when no party or alliance gets a majority in parliamentary elections. Thus, his role may be very important just after next parliamentary elections.

How mere approval or disapproval makes his views any less personal it's beyond me!
Secondly why we won't apply our mind and memory to a person's past behavior in relation to his present role is equally beyond me! How a sycophantic president was made to sign Emergency papers in the following morning when it was declared at mid night was perfectly in sync with his characteristic sycophancy! Let us not forget history in making purely theoretical views!!
How mere approval or disapproval makes his views any less personal it's beyond me!
Secondly why we won't apply our mind and memory to a person's past behavior in relation to his present role is equally beyond me! How a sycophantic president was made to sign Emergency papers in the following morning when it was declared at mid night was perfectly in sync with his characteristic sycophancy! Let us not forget history in making purely theoretical views!!

I agree!! We cannot forget the disastrous role that he has played in the economic sector only until recently. He is a hardcore sycophant and nothing more!!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I agree!! We cannot forget the disastrous role that he has played in the economic sector only until recently. He is a hardcore sycophant and nothing more!!

President is constitutional head and Prime minister the executive. President acts only on advice of cabinet. It is futile to look at personal merits or demerits of the incumbent in office of President. The Prime Minister ane his cabinet colleagues are alone responsible for all executive action of Government even if done in name of President of India. Without keeping in mind this simple fact of constitutional position of President, all discussions will be confusing.

President is constitutional head and Prime minister the executive. President acts only on advice of cabinet. It is futile to look at personal merits or demerits of the incumbent in office of President. The Prime Minister ane his cabinet colleagues are alone responsible for all executive action of Government even if done in name of President of India. Without keeping in mind this simple fact of constitutional position of President, all discussions will be confusing.

Not really confusing! What you are pointing out is true and is applicable in ideal scenarios, which is not the case with Indian politics and democracy. Here it is only about Sonia Gandhi and being in her good books only that matters. To achieve that, constitution is twisted and interpreted in n number of ways as possible by each and every politician in this country that belongs to the ruling party!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Not really confusing! What you are pointing out is true and is applicable in ideal scenarios, which is not the case with Indian politics and democracy. Here it is only about Sonia Gandhi and being in her good books only that matters. To achieve that, constitution is twisted and interpreted in n number of ways as possible by each and every politician in this country that belongs to the ruling party!

The President of India is not in executive role- whether situation is ideal or not. It is okay to blame anyone- Prime Minister, congress President, Opposition leaders. But not the President. Let Pranab work in his constitutional role as President with the dignity his office rightfully deserves.

I don't believe that Indian President is a mere figure-head. I also don't believe that his or her persona can't make any difference to the role played by this august office. Just spare a thought on the roles of Dr.Rajendra Prasad,Dr.Radhakrishnan and make a comparative study of some of the persons who held this office and displayed little character - then exercise won't be that futile!
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.