The Union Health minister has underlined need for more psychiatric departments in medical colleges. .

have we suddenly become more prone to mental illness. If so, will it not be better to create circumstances that may reduce mental tension and worries. This will need training people more in art of positive, realistic and optimistic thinking.

http://www.ndtv.com/article/south/medical-colleges-should-have-psychiatry-departments-ghulam-nabi-azad-256665 .

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I think its a welcome move. It is not that we have suddenly become more susceptible to various mental illnesses than before, it is only that the same illnesses existed before also but they were not looked at with compassion, but rather more as insanity and craziness and those who admitted having them were shunned by others. Now, with more awareness about those illnesses and increased stressors, people are now accepting them as illnesses.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Yes its a great move as now a days people are more stressed then they used to be in the past as the price of everything is increased so much that we have to work very hard to avail them. I have seen many of the people go in depression these days due to pressure at work place and tensions at home. :blink:
Yes I agree that people should be taught to think positively. They should also be taught different ways of controlling frustation. This will make life better. Such a teaching should start from childhood in schools and also in colleges.
Yes its a great move as now a days people are more stressed then they used to be in the past as the price of everything is increased so much that we have to work very hard to avail them. I have seen many of the people go in depression these days due to pressure at work place and tensions at home. :blink:

This is very true. These are all mental torture which later makes person suffer from mental disease.
Yes it is necessary to start this type of department in hospitals.It will increase the scope of people to study the subject.

Sharmistha Banerjee

If we can remove cause of depression, people will not suffer from this. People generally get frustration owing to over ambition, over stress and pessimistic thinking. These are the causes that need to be tackled rather than increasing patients for psychiatrists.

Nowadays psychiatric problems are more comparing older days. So it is necessary for psychiatric departments in hospitals.

http://rebacca-vethathiri.blogspot.in/

If we can remove cause of depression, people will not suffer from this. People generally get frustration owing to over ambition, over stress and pessimistic thinking. These are the causes that need to be tackled rather than increasing patients for psychiatrists.

ideally whatever you said is alright but it never happens. I do a job and always remain stressed at work place I try my best not to carry stress of my office to home but I can't. This is me may be I am strong enough who tolerate this stress but there are people who come in depression by this. :blink:

ideally whatever you said is alright but it never happens. I do a job and always remain stressed at work place I try my best not to carry stress of my office to home but I can't. This is me may be I am strong enough who tolerate this stress but there are people who come in depression by this. :blink:

What you said is correct. We cannot change life. We must be strong enough to fight stress. Also one must know his limit. I know a person in military farm. He refused promotion just because he felt that he would not be able to manage stress of higher responsibility.

Thank you said by: Sanjeev Gupta

What you said is correct. We cannot change life. We must be strong enough to fight stress. Also one must know his limit. I know a person in military farm. He refused promotion just because he felt that he would not be able to manage stress of higher responsibility.

Yes its true in my organization too people don't want to get promoted as they know on the higher post they will have to bear more stress and pressure.But that's not the solution one must find out the ways to fight with the situation. :blink:
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.