Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Let me say first...
Happy birthday Ashajee
I really love your voice.

It's true, songs are lacking melody nowadays...what available is only fast beats to get attention of everyone

Meera sandhu
Today's music cannot compete the old music especially that of 50s onward until 90s. Now there is all prose converted in to loud music(?).

But this is because the new generation likes loud music.I have seen kids of this generation like remixes more than the original songs. :evil:

remixes are existing only because those songs are immortal. That's the power of old songs

Meera sandhu
Today's music cannot compete the old music especially that of 50s onward until 90s. Now there is all prose converted in to loud music(?).

But this is because the new generation likes loud music.I have seen kids of this generation like remixes more than the original songs. :evil:

remixes are existing only because those songs are immortal. That's the power of old songs

But the problem with remixes is one only can hear the music in them more than the voice of a singer.I don't like remixes as they damage originality of the songs. :evil:
Asha is no doubt extremely talented and has already given her best ...She is old now and one can see that her voice is no longer the same as it was 20 years ago, so it is better that she stops singing.Also, as she rightly says there is hardly anything worth singing for a singer of her caliber , so why bother ?

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Ashaji has nothing to get else from singing ,so she is saying so.
She already sang many types og songs and in different language.
I love Ashaji's voice.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
Her versatility makes her a genies. She has never told, I won't sing this song or that type of song. While Lata stayed away from Caberret numbers, Asha made it her trade mark, giving numerous hit songs

Meera sandhu
Her versatility makes her a genies. She has never told, I won't sing this song or that type of song. While Lata stayed away from Caberret numbers, Asha made it her trade mark, giving numerous hit songs

Yes many of her songs like:

"Piya tu..."

" Pyar karne wale"

" Raat Baki.."

were all hit and now a days also when we hear these songs we enjoy.
Playback singing lost their charms.Those old musics were almost vanished.Now a days songs are just for fun.These songs are meaningless.

Sharmistha Banerjee

Lata has sung several Cabaret songs and very successfully too...

1, Mathwale aankhowale from Chote nawab
2, Jeenewale jhoom ke mastana hoke bhi from Vaasna
3, Aa jaane jaa - Inteqam
4, Yeh baharon ka sama from Milap and many more...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Lata has sung several Cabaret songs and very successfully too...

1, Mathwale aankhowale from Chote nawab
2, Jeenewale jhoom ke mastana hoke bhi from Vaasna
3, Aa jaane jaa - Inteqam
4, Yeh baharon ka sama from Milap and many more...

yes, she has sung a few songs. But I think it was after the Inteqam song that she stopped singing Cabaret songs and concentrated on other numbers

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.