Yeah, you read it right! there is a phenomenon called "sun dog"

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 9152]}

Sundogs may appear as a colored patch of light to the left or right of the sun, 22° distant and at the same distance above the horizon as the sun, and in ice halos. They can be seen anywhere in the world during any season, but they are not always obvious or bright. Sundogs are best seen and are most conspicuous when the sun is low.

Swetha Shenoy
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Swetha, when I read the title...I thought, it may be pet dogs (European) taking sun bath.....in a seashore :whistle:
So funny naa...my imagination! :P :laugh: :laugh:

Meera sandhu
hahah, when i first read just the title sun dog, i thought they were dogs who loved the sun only

heheheh

Swetha Shenoy
Yeah, you read it right! there is a phenomenon called "sun dog"

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 9152]}

Sundogs may appear as a colored patch of light to the left or right of the sun, 22° distant and at the same distance above the horizon as the sun, and in ice halos. They can be seen anywhere in the world during any season, but they are not always obvious or bright. Sundogs are best seen and are most conspicuous when the sun is low.

Any environmental or geographical reason for this phenomenon? I never came across with such an experience, though i reside in a shore based place
Nice photo of the sundogs. It looks beautiful. Thanks for sharing this photo. I have many a times seen sundogs but never cared for it. This is different from the usual scene of the sky.
Nice photo of the sundogs. It looks beautiful. Thanks for sharing this photo. I have many a times seen sundogs but never cared for it. This is different from the usual scene of the sky.

I have seen rain bows, but never sun dogs...perhaps I may not have noticed. :)

Meera sandhu
It is a phenomena when sunlight interacts with ice clouds or particles in the atmosphere.

Sharmistha Banerjee
I have not seen such and also I am hearing this first time.
I have seen rain bow, Is it seen in India?

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
Sun dogs are seen in the sky of Hyderabad in 2011.I have never seen such sight.

Sharmistha Banerjee
Thank you said by: RAM PROSAD ACHARYYA
Nice natural beauty. Is it seen in open eye and when ?

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
I have never heard about "Sun dogs" and its an interesting news. Thanks for sharing with us.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.