Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
my favourite is Vazhachal of Thrissur district...the place where movie 'Ravan' was shot.
but now serious discussions are going on to build a dam across it. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
if so, we we will lose plenty of lovely scenary..many forests will die beneath water.
that's the reason why nature lovers are not allowing it for the past 10 years
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqBKbFZUVlk

Those falls are really really beautiful! People should protest building a dam across those, our government is only out to kill whatever natural beauty is left in our country! :angry: :angry: You should start a protest campaign against it!

can anyone forget the wonderful photography of Maniratnam's Ravan?
those beautiful streams and forests..hoping you have seen the movie.
if a dam is built, whole forest and waterfall will be lost :evil: :evil: :evil:

Yes that stream where Ash falls from a steep peak. Dam is though important for agriculture in such places it is not that much necessary.
Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
The worlds tallest waterfall is Angel falls which is in South America. It is in Venenzuela amidst the jungles and was discovered by a pilot called Jimmi Angel in 1933...

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 9326]}

Usha have you visited this place this is really good to see. I can image if you are there at that time.

Yes we visited it a few years ago and we have to walk through the National park for about 3 or 4 kms to see the waterfall from the bottom...and I cant even describe how awesome it is...scary too when you see the water falling from such a great height !

Those look really awesome and scary too! I have read a few accounts of incidents where people who visited sites of such monumental natural beauty were so overwhelmed by the beauty of it all, that they simply couldn't process it and felt they did not deserve to live and they jumped into the falls! I have read it happens a lot at the Niagara where people keep trying to jump into them often.

Yes Kalyani, nature can be very beautiful but at the same time overwhelming and scary because of its magnitude. Recently there was a incident when a youngster who was watching the Jog Falls in all its glory during Monsoon rains slipped near the edge and apparently when someone threw the end of a woollen shawl, he was so overcome that he didn't have the presence of mind to even grab it , anyway finally others had to bring a ladder and literally carry him...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

The worlds tallest waterfall is Angel falls which is in South America. It is in Venenzuela amidst the jungles and was discovered by a pilot called Jimmi Angel in 1933...

Usha have you visited this place this is really good to see. I can image if you are there at that time.

Yes we visited it a few years ago and we have to walk through the National park for about 3 or 4 kms to see the waterfall from the bottom...and I cant even describe how awesome it is...scary too when you see the water falling from such a great height !

Those look really awesome and scary too! I have read a few accounts of incidents where people who visited sites of such monumental natural beauty were so overwhelmed by the beauty of it all, that they simply couldn't process it and felt they did not deserve to live and they jumped into the falls! I have read it happens a lot at the Niagara where people keep trying to jump into them often.

Yes Kalyani, nature can be very beautiful but at the same time overwhelming and scary because of its magnitude. Recently there was a incident when a youngster who was watching the Jog Falls in all its glory during Monsoon rains slipped near the edge and apparently when someone threw the end of a woollen shawl, he was so overcome that he didn't have the presence of mind to even grab it , anyway finally others had to bring a ladder and literally carry him...

Such scenes do a lot to change our perspective in a very different sense. Also of all the people who visit such places, many are sio busy trying to show others that they are not scared and are not careful enough to avoid getting in accidents. Such incidents not only ruin the atmosphere but also the joviality of other holidayers!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Such scenes do a lot to change our perspective in a very different sense. Also of all the people who visit such places, many are sio busy trying to show others that they are not scared and are not careful enough to avoid getting in accidents. Such incidents not only ruin the atmosphere but also the joviality of other holidayers!

I think something similar happened in that case too....People get so carried away at times... No doubt that being adventurous is good but not at the cost of endangering lives, ones own or others who also are at risk when they try to rescue others...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.