The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Incidentally, the great Swamiji and I were born on the same day - January 12. But anyways, I do have a very high regard and respect for this man. I remember to have read that a woman approached him and proposed him just because she wanted to have a son like Swamiji. Just see the greatness of this great man - he told the woman to consider him as his son! How humble! What a great man!
Incidentally, the great Swamiji and I were born on the same day - January 12. But anyways, I do have a very high regard and respect for this man. I remember to have read that a woman approached him and proposed him just because she wanted to have a son like Swamiji. Just see the greatness of this great man - he told the woman to consider him as his son! How humble! What a great man!

What a coincidence, A belated happy birthday to you too!

Yes Swamiji was indeed a great person! No words can ever describe what he actually was as a person!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Yes, it is nothing more than a co-incidence. But I like this day a lot - no wonder due to that day being my birthday and secondly the birth date of this great man .And yes, thanks for wishing me.
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Swamiji's teachings are relevant and valid even today and are a great source of inspiration to us all. Let us all remember him and pay our humble respects to Swamiji!!

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 9617]}

am a little bit late. let me pay homage to him first. :)
Kerala also celebrated his birthday in its own means.
Let me add, when Swamiji visited Kerala he was shocked seeing the caste system prevailed in Kerala a century back that he addressed God's own country as 'Bhandralayam' - the asylum.
Now am proud to tell him that our state has moved very much forward both in intellectual and cultural way and he will be happy seeing its transformation from those bad days to a lovely place with religious harmony.

Meera sandhu
I really respect Kerala when it comes to intellectualism. It is the only state in the country that has 100% literacy. No wonder, the place that is graced by Swamiji will always be known for its intellectualism and knowledge.
Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
Swami Vivekananda was great philosopher. He was also one of the great orator and writer in English and Bengali.

Great thought:

The world is the great gymnasium where we come to make ourselves strong.

Be positive
Birthday of Swami Vivekananda was celebrated with lots of excitement in Bengal. The procession started early in the morning from the Ram Krishna Mission , Golpark. The pradhan pandit of the Ram Krishna Mission headed the procession.
He is my idol and I feel teachings are well suited for youth. The development of any country is dependent on youth. I pay my tribute to this great philosopher

I am really glad that he was born more than a century ago else he would have been deeply pained to see the youth of this country busy raping women and the so-called leaders of trying like hell to put their feet in their mouths!

The sparse replies to this thread also proves that no one is interested in discussing the positive things or serious thoughts! :blink: Really sad!

@Kalyani

I too note this development here that there are not too many willing to engage themselves in serious discussions. May be the sign of our times! Responses to frivolous threads are more and dangerously overwhelming!!! :huh: :huh: :huh:

I too made such an observation once only to be condemned by many prominent members....however, as long as there are even a handful who would participate it is not too bad...

@Usha

It is better to remain in splendid isolation than to join the herd!

A lesson I have learned rather a hard way! :laugh:

Lessons never come the soft way!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
He is my idol and I feel teachings are well suited for youth. The development of any country is dependent on youth. I pay my tribute to this great philosopher

I am really glad that he was born more than a century ago else he would have been deeply pained to see the youth of this country busy raping women and the so-called leaders of trying like hell to put their feet in their mouths!

The sparse replies to this thread also proves that no one is interested in discussing the positive things or serious thoughts! :blink: Really sad!

@Kalyani

I too note this development here that there are not too many willing to engage themselves in serious discussions. May be the sign of our times! Responses to frivolous threads are more and dangerously overwhelming!!! :huh: :huh: :huh:

I too made such an observation once only to be condemned by many prominent members....however, as long as there are even a handful who would participate it is not too bad...

@Usha

In a way that is good because you are not likely to forget it :laugh: ....You go on with more determination than ever before ! :dry:

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

@Kalyani

@Usha

In a way that is good because you are not likely to forget it :laugh: ....You go on with more determination than ever before ! :dry:

Yes that is plus one in our favor, it just makes you more determined and much more tougher than before!! :laugh: :laugh:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.