Being a veterinarian, I had been called to examine a ten-year-old Irish Wolfhound named Belker. The dog’s owners, Ron, his wife, Lisa, and their little boy, Shane, were all very attached to Belker and they were hoping for a miracle.

I examined Belker and found he was dying. I told the family we couldn’t do anything for Belker and offered to perform the euthanasia procedure for the old dog in their home.

As we made arrangements, Ron and Lisa told me they thought it would be good for six-year-old Shane to observe the procedure. They felt as though Shane might learn something from the experience.

The next day, I felt the familiar catch in my throat as Belker’s family surrounded him. Shane seemed so calm, petting the old dog for the last time, that I wondered if he understood what was going on. Within a few minutes, Belker slipped peacefully away.

The little boy seemed to accept Belker’s transition without any difficulty or confusion. We sat together for a while after Belker’s death, wondering aloud about the sad fact that animal lives are shorter than human lives. Shane, who had been listening quietly, piped up, “I know why.”

Startled, we all turned to him. What came out of his mouth next stunned me. I’d never heard a more comforting explanation.

He said, “People are born so that they can learn how to live a good life — like loving everybody all the time and being nice, right?” The six-year-old continued, “Well, dogs already know how to do that, so they don’t have to stay as long.”

If a dog was your teacher, these are some of the lessons you might learn:

When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.
Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride.
Thrive on attention and let people touch you.
When you’re happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.
Never pretend to be something you’re not.
If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.
When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by, and nuzzle them gently.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Very practical but a true story. Humans can never be like a dog. It is difficult.
Being a veterinarian, I had been called to examine a ten-year-old Irish Wolfhound named Belker. The dog’s owners, Ron, his wife, Lisa, and their little boy, Shane, were all very attached to Belker and they were hoping for a miracle.

I examined Belker and found he was dying. I told the family we couldn’t do anything for Belker and offered to perform the euthanasia procedure for the old dog in their home.

As we made arrangements, Ron and Lisa told me they thought it would be good for six-year-old Shane to observe the procedure. They felt as though Shane might learn something from the experience.

The next day, I felt the familiar catch in my throat as Belker’s family surrounded him. Shane seemed so calm, petting the old dog for the last time, that I wondered if he understood what was going on. Within a few minutes, Belker slipped peacefully away.

The little boy seemed to accept Belker’s transition without any difficulty or confusion. We sat together for a while after Belker’s death, wondering aloud about the sad fact that animal lives are shorter than human lives. Shane, who had been listening quietly, piped up, “I know why.”

Startled, we all turned to him. What came out of his mouth next stunned me. I’d never heard a more comforting explanation.

He said, “People are born so that they can learn how to live a good life — like loving everybody all the time and being nice, right?” The six-year-old continued, “Well, dogs already know how to do that, so they don’t have to stay as long.”

When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by, and nuzzle them gently.

Human beings are taught to have double standards right from childhood, so one can never be sure who the actual person is unlike dogs who dont need to pretend ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Human beings are taught to have double standards right from childhood, so one can never be sure who the actual person is unlike dogs who dont need to pretend ...

Putting false fronts, hypocrisy, pretensions are the characteristics of a man. Fortunately, these evils did not spread in to animal domains, especially Dog's.
The plain fact is that various species have shorter or longer life span and this has nothing to do with the quality of life or moral. But one may imagine and draw any lesson.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I never imagined dog to be my teacher. But infact, now I realize these things should be learnt from dog. Perhaps, Humans cannot do this because they are busy in their own schedule. Most say that they dont have time to sit with a person who is in bad mood and console him.People lead a so selfish life.

I never imagined dog to be my teacher. But infact, now I realize these things should be learnt from dog. Perhaps, Humans cannot do this because they are busy in their own schedule. Most say that they dont have time to sit with a person who is in bad mood and console him.People lead a so selfish life.

All species differ. Long or short life has nothing to do with quality of life. Dog, cow, goat, lizard, snake all differ in nature and habits and life span has no connection with these. Can somebody tell why an insect has very short life- even less than a moment. What will you learn from the insect.
Such lessons are mere imagination. Still if these teach you something good and you learn, well.

All species differ. Long or short life has nothing to do with quality of life. Dog, cow, goat, lizard, snake all differ in nature and habits and life span has no connection with these. Can somebody tell why an insect has very short life- even less than a moment. What will you learn from the insect.
Such lessons are mere imagination. Still if these teach you something good and you learn, well.

Ya I agree that quality of life has no link with life span. But everything in life has something to teach us. It is how we look at it. I would like to look in an optimistic view.

Insects live for a short life span. True !! Take for example butterfly. It lives short. But it suffers a lot to pass through the life cycle starting from egg to become an adult. But once it comes out, we all enjoy its different color. But none of us know how much it suffers.
Similarly we achieve can come out in flying colors only if we can work towards it. Also none will no how much you worked to achieve it. Thats how life is!!

Here is another version of life being short or long depends totally on how we look at it- I found it in my mail yesterday and wanted to share it with you friends- Chinmoy gave me an opportunity to put it here- READ
For those who understand, no explanation is needed. For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.
One day I had lunch with some friends. Jim , a short, balding golfer type about 80 years old, came along with them---all in all, a pleasant bunch.
When the menus were presented, we ordered salads, sandwiches, and soups, except for Jim who said, "Ice Cream, please. Two scoops, chocolate.
I wasn't sure my ears heard right, and the others were aghast. "Along with heated apple pie," Jim added, completely unabashed.
We tried to act quite nonchalant, as if people did this all the time.. But when our orders were brought out, I didn't enjoy mine.
I couldn't take my eyes off Jim as his pie a-la-mode went down. The other guys couldn't believe it. They ate their lunches silently and grinned.
The next time I went out to eat, I called and invited Jim . I lunched on white meat tuna. He ordered a parfait.I smiled. He asked if he amused me, I answered, "Yes, you do, but also you confuse me.
How come you order rich desserts, while I feel I must be sensible? He laughed and said "I'm tasting all that is Possible.
I try to eat the food I need, and do the things I should. But life's so short, my friend, I hate missing out on something good.
This year I realized how old I was. (He grinned) I haven't been this old before."
"So, before I die, I've got to try those things that for years I had ignored.
I haven't smelled all the flowers yet. There are too many trout streams I haven't fished. There's more fudge sundaes to wolf down and kites to be flown overhead.
There are too many golf courses I haven't played. I've not laughed at all the jokes. I've missed a lot of sporting events and potato chips and cokes.
I want to wade again in water and feel ocean spray on my face. I want to sit in a country church once more and thank God for His grace.
I want peanut butter every day spread on my morning toast. I want un-timed long distance calls to the folks I love the most.
I haven't cried at all the movies yet, or walked in the morning rain. I need to feel wind on my face. I want to be in love again.
So, if I choose to have dessert, instead of having dinner, then should I die before night fall, I'd say I died a winner, because I missed out on nothing. I filled my heart's desire. I had that final chocolate mousse before my life expired."
With that, I called the waitress over.. "I've changed my mind, " I said. "I want what he is having, only add some more whipped cream!"
This is my gift to you - We need an annual Friends Day! If you get this twice, then you have more than one friend. Live well, love much & laugh often - Be happy.
Be mindful that happiness isn't based on possessions, power, or prestige, but on relationships with people we like and respect. Remember that while money talks, CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM SINGS!

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: V.Arunkumar , Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Here is another version of life being short or long depends totally on how we look at it- I found it in my mail yesterday and wanted to share it with you friends- Chinmoy gave me an opportunity to put it here- READ
For those who understand, no explanation is needed. For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.
One day I had lunch with some friends. Jim , a short, balding golfer type about 80 years old, came along with them---all in all, a pleasant bunch.
When the menus were presented, we ordered salads, sandwiches, and soups, except for Jim who said, "Ice Cream, please. Two scoops, chocolate.
I wasn't sure my ears heard right, and the others were aghast. "Along with heated apple pie," Jim added, completely unabashed.
We tried to act quite nonchalant, as if people did this all the time.. But when our orders were brought out, I didn't enjoy mine.
I couldn't take my eyes off Jim as his pie a-la-mode went down. The other guys couldn't believe it. They ate their lunches silently and grinned.
The next time I went out to eat, I called and invited Jim . I lunched on white meat tuna. He ordered a parfait.I smiled. He asked if he amused me, I answered, "Yes, you do, but also you confuse me.
How come you order rich desserts, while I feel I must be sensible? He laughed and said "I'm tasting all that is Possible.
I try to eat the food I need, and do the things I should. But life's so short, my friend, I hate missing out on something good.
This year I realized how old I was. (He grinned) I haven't been this old before."
"So, before I die, I've got to try those things that for years I had ignored.
I haven't smelled all the flowers yet. There are too many trout streams I haven't fished. There's more fudge sundaes to wolf down and kites to be flown overhead.
There are too many golf courses I haven't played. I've not laughed at all the jokes. I've missed a lot of sporting events and potato chips and cokes.
I want to wade again in water and feel ocean spray on my face. I want to sit in a country church once more and thank God for His grace.
I want peanut butter every day spread on my morning toast. I want un-timed long distance calls to the folks I love the most.
I haven't cried at all the movies yet, or walked in the morning rain. I need to feel wind on my face. I want to be in love again.
So, if I choose to have dessert, instead of having dinner, then should I die before night fall, I'd say I died a winner, because I missed out on nothing. I filled my heart's desire. I had that final chocolate mousse before my life expired."
With that, I called the waitress over.. "I've changed my mind, " I said. "I want what he is having, only add some more whipped cream!"
This is my gift to you - We need an annual Friends Day! If you get this twice, then you have more than one friend. Live well, love much & laugh often - Be happy.
Be mindful that happiness isn't based on possessions, power, or prestige, but on relationships with people we like and respect. Remember that while money talks, CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM SINGS!

True !! Enjoy our life as much as possible because we are unaware of our death.
It depends on how you wish to spend your life. If joy is aim, you will eat, drink and make merry. If you want name and fame, you will work hard and eat healthy but not necessarily tasty. Personally, I believe that joyous and tasty things are like spice in food- which must be but not too much. all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. But all play and no work makes jack a useless boy.

Moreover, you need others to work hard for your pleasures. For example, I love songs but this needs hard work by Lata Mangeshkar. Others work for my enjoyment. So, I also need work for others' enjoyment.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.