Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I don't blame anyone here. Just need to ask one question to all of you. Had you been on that place would you have stopped ? Well you might say yes now but i would like to see the practical example of that. Its easy to say here but when the fear of being cheated or being harassed by police makes people feel stay out of it. No doubt why people are not stopping here. How would they know if the help is for real. Sorry for being rude. But thats the fact.. :(

Life is a box of Chocolate, You never know what you gonna get.... :)
www.InstantKhichri.blogspot.in
I don't blame anyone here. Just need to ask one question to all of you. Had you been on that place would you have stopped ? Well you might say yes now but i would like to see the practical example of that. Its easy to say here but when the fear of being cheated or being harassed by police makes people feel stay out of it. No doubt why people are not stopping here. How would they know if the help is for real. Sorry for being rude. But thats the fact.. :(

I would have definitely stopped had I been present there, and I am not saying it for the sake of it, I have helped people earlier in incidents that happened before me. Even my brother who works until late in the night has on several occasions gone out of his way to help people involved in accidents. All I can is probably we have been raised right and we learn from examples. I have also seen my parents go out of their ways to help people, especially my father. I remember one night during my school days, my father once chased a thief who was trying to break and enter into a neighbour's house. He must have ran after the guy for almost 3 kilometres who escaped because he disappeared into woods. People learn from their parents, nowadays i see parent teaching their children to keep away from spots where something has happened. I think this is becoming a general conditioning of the majority of population 'when you see something has happened, just run away'! I wonder what will they think when something happens to them? Will they remember the unfortunate family whom they did not help? :blink:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I would have definitely stopped had I been present there, and I am not saying it for the sake of it, I have helped people earlier in incidents that happened before me. Even my brother who works until late in the night has on several occasions gone out of his way to help people involved in accidents. All I can is probably we have been raised right and we learn from examples. I have also seen my parents go out of their ways to help people, especially my father. I remember one night during my school days, my father once chased a thief who was trying to break and enter into a neighbour's house. He must have ran after the guy for almost 3 kilometres who escaped because he disappeared into woods. People learn from their parents, nowadays i see parent teaching their children to keep away from spots where something has happened. I think this is becoming a general conditioning of the majority of population 'when you see something has happened, just run away'! I wonder what will they think when something happens to them? Will they remember the unfortunate family whom they did not help? :blink:

Then i would say you are one of those few who go out of their way to help others. What i have experienced till now that people will only help others when they feel themselves not at risk for anything. People just like to play safe and thats the general mentality. I hope there are more people like you around to make India a better place.

The apathy of people is indeed very disgusting. We are not living in land of Rama, Krishna, Budh, Gurunanak, Gandhi and Mother Teresa. This much is undeniable. Rather we are not living even in land of Ravana, Kansa, Godse as we are worse than them. Ravana, Kansa and Godse were misdirected but not emotionless like us.

Why is this happen Gulshan ji, who are responsible for it.

'Individualism' is responsible. We are bothered only about 'self' or 'family'. Individualism is responsible for many problems including corruption.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Then i would say you are one of those few who go out of their way to help others. What i have experienced till now that people will only help others when they feel themselves not at risk for anything. People just like to play safe and thats the general mentality. I hope there are more people like you around to make India a better place.

Thanks Puneet! If only more people thought of others for a change, the world would be a better place. And i actually despise the whole lot of people who do nothing other than click Like buttons on facebook, post comments on various sites, but do nothing by themselves, and we cannot blame them for that, because they just sit glued to the computer for 2o hours out of 24 so how can do they anything? And the number of such people is quite high!

Thanks Puneet! If only more people thought of others for a change, the world would be a better place. And i actually despise the whole lot of people who do nothing other than click Like buttons on facebook, post comments on various sites, but do nothing by themselves, and we cannot blame them for that, because they just sit glued to the computer for 2o hours out of 24 so how can do they anything? And the number of such people is quite high!

Yes and that includes us to some extent. People will only support to the point they are comfortable. They won't come forward when they have to play hard but it will be realized only at the time when they need that help and thats why the circle is drawn. One has to draw a tangent to come out of it.

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar, anil
If I would have been there...then I would have definitely helped them. The problem is some people think that life is cheap and why should they spend their precious time on such cheap incidents but when something like this happens to them, they will understand the value of life. By helping such people in these kind of situations, we are saving a life. If you can buy a life with your few minutes, then it is the greatest achievement in your life.

“In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.”
If I would have been there...then I would have definitely helped them. The problem is some people think that life is cheap and why should they spend their precious time on such cheap incidents but when something like this happens to them, they will understand the value of life. By helping such people in these kind of situations, we are saving a life. If you can buy a life with your few minutes, then it is the greatest achievement in your life.

True, In India life of human beings is very much cheaper, but come to this point, aren't Indians equally responsible for making it their own lives cheap?

While reading your post Kalyani, I am reminded of an incident that happened in our neighborhood sometimes back. A young girl fell of the scooter trying to avoid a football that came her way hurting her leg, in fact she had a fracture. Her father was sitting at the back and the scooter had fallen on him and on the girls leg. Except for one small boy who tried to give a hand, no one was helping them but standing and watching . Hearing the crash I and my maid ran to the road and helped them and brought them home and later her brother came in a car and took them.The most shocking comment came from my neighbor while I was helping them asking me not to take them home since it may become a police case, because it was her son who had thrown the foot ball.The children had been warned several times not to play on the road...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

While reading your post Kalyani, I am reminded of an incident that happened in our neighborhood sometimes back. A young girl fell of the scooter trying to avoid a football that came her way hurting her leg, in fact she had a fracture. Her father was sitting at the back and the scooter had fallen on him and on the girls leg. Except for one small boy who tried to give a hand, no one was helping them but standing and watching . Hearing the crash I and my maid ran to the road and helped them and brought them home and later her brother came in a car and took them.The most shocking comment came from my neighbor while I was helping them asking me not to take them home since it may become a police case, because it was her son who had thrown the foot ball.The children had been warned several times not to play on the road...

In last February, I too had fallen off my bike with my father when I was driving. My father got a fractured left leg. But as we are a reputed family in our town due to the teaching profession, help came from all corners.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.