Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
This is a really unfortunate.

This incident showing reality in our society.

people are totally heartless.

Be positive
Yeah.. I watch it on TV too. That's really sad that none of people is stopping for the help. Really too bad.

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com
I don't blame anyone here. Just need to ask one question to all of you. Had you been on that place would you have stopped ? Well you might say yes now but i would like to see the practical example of that. Its easy to say here but when the fear of being cheated or being harassed by police makes people feel stay out of it. No doubt why people are not stopping here. How would they know if the help is for real. Sorry for being rude. But thats the fact.. :(

I would have definitely stopped had I been present there, and I am not saying it for the sake of it, I have helped people earlier in incidents that happened before me. Even my brother who works until late in the night has on several occasions gone out of his way to help people involved in accidents. All I can is probably we have been raised right and we learn from examples. I have also seen my parents go out of their ways to help people, especially my father. I remember one night during my school days, my father once chased a thief who was trying to break and enter into a neighbour's house. He must have ran after the guy for almost 3 kilometres who escaped because he disappeared into woods. People learn from their parents, nowadays i see parent teaching their children to keep away from spots where something has happened. I think this is becoming a general conditioning of the majority of population 'when you see something has happened, just run away'! I wonder what will they think when something happens to them? Will they remember the unfortunate family whom they did not help? :blink:

While reading your post Kalyani, I am reminded of an incident that happened in our neighborhood sometimes back. A young girl fell of the scooter trying to avoid a football that came her way hurting her leg, in fact she had a fracture. Her father was sitting at the back and the scooter had fallen on him and on the girls leg. Except for one small boy who tried to give a hand, no one was helping them but standing and watching . Hearing the crash I and my maid ran to the road and helped them and brought them home and later her brother came in a car and took them.The most shocking comment came from my neighbor while I was helping them asking me not to take them home since it may become a police case, because it was her son who had thrown the foot ball.The children had been warned several times not to play on the road...

Ho insensitive people are in this country!!! :blink: This is what happens in most cases, when someone tries to help the victims, there are great number of cowards around who will try to discourage them from providing help! And what message is your neighbour trying to pass to her own child? That helping others is wrong? What will she think if HER child and husband were involved in something like this and there is no good samaritan like you to help them? Instead of discouraging you from helping, she should instead have made sure that her son should also have given a hand to you when you helped them in your home. This way, she could have made best use of the opportunity to take account and responsibility of his actions!

Exactly my thoughts ! In fact I told her as much, that what she was doing was not going to help anyone - either her son, herself and we as neighbors who have to deal with such attitude ! She is setting a bad example to everyone around !

Sadly, this is what we are seeing everywhere around us. Parents are teaching their children to turn a blind eye when they see something wrong happening to others, in essence we are creating an entire generation of insensitive, mindless zombies who are only tuned to earn money and buy fine things to keep themselves happy. I think this attitude is why we are seeing so high increase in horrible crimes against little girls and children! Is it not possible that there may have been at least one person who must have heard those pitiful cries for help in during so many incidents? But since that one person chose to ignore lest he fall in trouble, someone's life got ruined!

Indians are totally insensitive to others feelings other than those who belong to their own family, this is something that I have realised. This kind of selfish and opportunistic attitude is at the root cause of most social problems! In Bangalore a house was robbed in broad day light, with the lady being stabbed seven times and her two year old son thrown on the wall.The neighbors heard the noise and thought that the husband was beating up the wife and the child so kept mum .The result was that the child survived but cannot hear and the brain was partially damaged and the woman died after a few days ! What can one say? On the one hand people want to know everything that goes in other peoples house but when there is actual need for help they wash their hands off...

That is so horrible!! I feel very strongly that if proved, such people who were witnesses to such horrible incidents but chose not to help should also be punished severely! :blink:

I wish we had such laws ! The middle class is the worst in India , being the largest segment of the society are neither here nor there .People belonging to the poorer classes readily offer help and the richer classes dont care anyway ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I don't blame anyone here. Just need to ask one question to all of you. Had you been on that place would you have stopped ? Well you might say yes now but i would like to see the practical example of that. Its easy to say here but when the fear of being cheated or being harassed by police makes people feel stay out of it. No doubt why people are not stopping here. How would they know if the help is for real. Sorry for being rude. But thats the fact.. :(

I would have definitely stopped had I been present there, and I am not saying it for the sake of it, I have helped people earlier in incidents that happened before me. Even my brother who works until late in the night has on several occasions gone out of his way to help people involved in accidents. All I can is probably we have been raised right and we learn from examples. I have also seen my parents go out of their ways to help people, especially my father. I remember one night during my school days, my father once chased a thief who was trying to break and enter into a neighbour's house. He must have ran after the guy for almost 3 kilometres who escaped because he disappeared into woods. People learn from their parents, nowadays i see parent teaching their children to keep away from spots where something has happened. I think this is becoming a general conditioning of the majority of population 'when you see something has happened, just run away'! I wonder what will they think when something happens to them? Will they remember the unfortunate family whom they did not help? :blink:

While reading your post Kalyani, I am reminded of an incident that happened in our neighborhood sometimes back. A young girl fell of the scooter trying to avoid a football that came her way hurting her leg, in fact she had a fracture. Her father was sitting at the back and the scooter had fallen on him and on the girls leg. Except for one small boy who tried to give a hand, no one was helping them but standing and watching . Hearing the crash I and my maid ran to the road and helped them and brought them home and later her brother came in a car and took them.The most shocking comment came from my neighbor while I was helping them asking me not to take them home since it may become a police case, because it was her son who had thrown the foot ball.The children had been warned several times not to play on the road...

Ho insensitive people are in this country!!! :blink: This is what happens in most cases, when someone tries to help the victims, there are great number of cowards around who will try to discourage them from providing help! And what message is your neighbour trying to pass to her own child? That helping others is wrong? What will she think if HER child and husband were involved in something like this and there is no good samaritan like you to help them? Instead of discouraging you from helping, she should instead have made sure that her son should also have given a hand to you when you helped them in your home. This way, she could have made best use of the opportunity to take account and responsibility of his actions!

Exactly my thoughts ! In fact I told her as much, that what she was doing was not going to help anyone - either her son, herself and we as neighbors who have to deal with such attitude ! She is setting a bad example to everyone around !

Sadly, this is what we are seeing everywhere around us. Parents are teaching their children to turn a blind eye when they see something wrong happening to others, in essence we are creating an entire generation of insensitive, mindless zombies who are only tuned to earn money and buy fine things to keep themselves happy. I think this attitude is why we are seeing so high increase in horrible crimes against little girls and children! Is it not possible that there may have been at least one person who must have heard those pitiful cries for help in during so many incidents? But since that one person chose to ignore lest he fall in trouble, someone's life got ruined!

Indians are totally insensitive to others feelings other than those who belong to their own family, this is something that I have realised. This kind of selfish and opportunistic attitude is at the root cause of most social problems! In Bangalore a house was robbed in broad day light, with the lady being stabbed seven times and her two year old son thrown on the wall.The neighbors heard the noise and thought that the husband was beating up the wife and the child so kept mum .The result was that the child survived but cannot hear and the brain was partially damaged and the woman died after a few days ! What can one say? On the one hand people want to know everything that goes in other peoples house but when there is actual need for help they wash their hands off...

That is so horrible!! I feel very strongly that if proved, such people who were witnesses to such horrible incidents but chose not to help should also be punished severely! :blink:

I wish we had such laws ! The middle class is the worst in India , being the largest segment of the society are neither here nor there .People belonging to the poorer classes readily offer help and the richer classes dont care anyway ...

That's so true! Majority of the middle class people are the ones who claim to belong to the intellectual, thinkers-type class and just make empty noises! Not really different from big hypocrites we see online these days!! :blink: Rich people are busy in their own idle indulgences!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar
All should have humanity for saving other when their in trouble. We can think them as our brothers and sisters.

http://rebacca-vethathiri.blogspot.in/
All should have humanity for saving other when their in trouble. We can think them as our brothers and sisters.

Thinking of others as our brothers and sisters is not important and will also not make much difference. But we must strive to make ourselves more tolerant and sensitive to the plight of others! It is quite known that even real brothers and sisters do not help each other during troubles!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You are right. If one steps forward and goes all out to help, the one who came to help will be harassed by the police. This fear makes people to mind their own business.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.