Salman Khursheed is unhappy that the Gujarat C.M. speaks on every topic- even on foreign affairs. He asks Modi to see reason why he is denied visa by USA.

http://zeenews.india.com/news/nation/narendra-modi-must-not-talk-on-issues-he-has-little-knowledge-salman-khurshid_848283.html

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Salman Khursheed is unhappy that the Gujarat C.M. speaks on every topic- even on foreign affairs. He asks Modi to see reason why he is denied visa by USA.

http://zeenews.india.com/news/nation/narendra-modi-must-not-talk-on-issues-he-has-little-knowledge-salman-khurshid_848283.html

What's wrong if Narendra Modi talks about foreign policy? If Khurshid doesn't like to answer, let him not.
Possibly, Khurshid feels that Modi is not competent enough to talk on foreign affairs. He would answer some knowledgeable person.

Possibly, Khurshid feels that Modi is not competent enough to talk on foreign affairs. He would answer some knowledgeable person.

That's unfortunate. Ministers think simply because they are at the helm of the affairs they are the ultimate..Everybody is entitled to have his opinion.

Every one have right to speak on government policies including Modi. Indeed it is not Khursheed speaking his proud is speaking.

Every one have right to speak on government policies including Modi. Indeed it is not Khursheed speaking his proud is speaking.

Right to expression does not mean mindless talking. Modi was talking on 'Gujarat day' to American Indians. Remarks on India's foreign policy were certainly not appropriate when addressing foreigners- especially nationals of a country who denies visa to him. The Indians are Gujaratis in U.S.A. are Amerficans and not Indians and there is no point in discussing Indian policies with them. Salman Khurshid aptly advised Modi to talk only on issues concerning him as C.M.

Right to expression does not mean mindless talking. Modi was talking on 'Gujarat day' to American Indians. Remarks on India's foreign policy were certainly not appropriate when addressing foreigners- especially nationals of a country who denies visa to him. The Indians are Gujaratis in U.S.A. are Amerficans and not Indians and there is no point in discussing Indian policies with them. Salman Khurshid aptly advised Modi to talk only on issues concerning him as C.M.

From what I read about his speech there is nothing in it for Salman Khurshid to get ruffled or criticise Modi.Modi was adrressing gujaratis, some of whom were also NRIs , so they are very much a part of India and have a right to know wht is happening in their state...Salman gets upset because Modi sitting in Gujrat is a better communicator than he himself is touring all over the world and making a mess of foreign policy as we can clearly see ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

From what I read about his speech there is nothing in it for Salman Khurshid to get ruffled or criticise Modi.Modi was adrressing gujaratis, some of whom were also NRIs , so they are very much a part of India and have a right to know wht is happening in their state...Salman gets upset because Modi sitting in Gujrat is a better communicator than he himself is touring all over the world and making a mess of foreign policy as we can clearly see ...

US denying visa to Modi here is not an issue and we should understand the reasons why US denied visa to him in the first place! Those reasons are not at all related to Modi's competence or otherwise in any manner. Also, as far as I know Gujratis are the tribe of people who in spite of having lived abroad for decades and in some cases at least two generations, have still not cut their roots in their motherland and still consider themselves as true Indians, so we should not label them as foreigners. They are the ones who are pouring large amounts of foreign currency in Gujarat for investment and business purposes and thereby improving the economic conditions, much unlike many "Indians" sitting here and spending money on imported brands while claiming they are Indians! :blink:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar

US denying visa to Modi here is not an issue and we should understand the reasons why US denied visa to him in the first place! Those reasons are not at all related to Modi's competence or otherwise in any manner. Also, as far as I know Gujratis are the tribe of people who in spite of having lived abroad for decades and in some cases at least two generations, have still not cut their roots in their motherland and still consider themselves as true Indians, so we should not label them as foreigners. They are the ones who are pouring large amounts of foreign currency in Gujarat for investment and business purposes and thereby improving the economic conditions, much unlike many "Indians" sitting here and spending money on imported brands while claiming they are Indians! :blink:

Foreigners are foreigners. This includes my cousins and nephew/ niece also who accepted citizenship of America and Canada. I believe that they must live in environment of the countries they live in as citizens there. They have no vote in India and have no business to meddle in our affairs. We do not like loyalists of other countries among us and similarly do others.

Foreigners are foreigners. This includes my cousins and nephew/ niece also who accepted citizenship of America and Canada. I believe that they must live in environment of the countries they live in as citizens there. They have no vote in India and have no business to meddle in our affairs. We do not like loyalists of other countries among us and similarly do others.

Well, that is your opinion! but since these ' foreigners' are also the ones who give us much-needed foreign currency and are still Indians at heart, I am sure they wouldn't agree with this. Also, so far as the issue of nationality is concerned, I am not very sure and others also may agree with me, how much loyal exactly is Salman Khursheed and his lot to the country!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I personally do not endorse Mr. Kurshid's unsolicited comments on who should speak on what and it plainly shows his arrogance. Modi like any Indian has every right to speak on issues with which he feels concerned.
Thank you said by: usha manohar, Kalyani Nandurkar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.