Satire is a very interesting and effective way to criticize. Should this be welcomed by politicians?

http://in.news.yahoo.com/politicians-should-upload-satire-sites--not-shut-them-down-060257548.html

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Satire is surely an effective way of criticizing, but it’s subtle. If the person on whom satire is intended is thick skulled, the message may fly over his head.
“I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.” Is a famous satirical one- liner of the famous Groucho Marx .
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
Satire is a very interesting and effective way to criticize. Should this be welcomed by politicians?

http://in.news.yahoo.com/politicians-should-upload-satire-sites--not-shut-them-down-060257548.html

Politicians of India are not broad minded. They can tolerate satire of cartoonist. Do you remember cartoon on Mamta didi. Poor cartoonist.
To my mind Animal Farm is one of the most popular and intteresting satire novels....I was going through the list of the populatr satire writers and not surprising that there are no Indians at all in the list - So, I doubt if the politicians would welcome it, they hardly have any sense of humor when they are at the receiving end ! :dry:

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

To my mind Animal Farm is one of the most popular and intteresting satire novels....I was going through the list of the populatr satire writers and not surprising that there are no Indians at all in the list - So, I doubt if the politicians would welcome it, they hardly have any sense of humor when they are at the receiving end ! :dry:

True, in a democracy satire plays an important role but in India it is accepted with ill humor, politicians and general public in India has still matured to accept satire for its role. Remember the scene from 3 idiots, the chief guest enjoying the goof up by Chatur a lot when it turns on him, he gets upset and leaves immediately?

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

True, in a democracy satire plays an important role but in India it is accepted with ill humor, politicians and general public in India has still matured to accept satire for its role. Remember the scene from 3 idiots, the chief guest enjoying the goof up by Chatur a lot when it turns on him, he gets upset and leaves immediately?

LOL...Yes I do remember that scene, 3 idiots was a great film ! many of our films in fact, lack clean humor because they are always making fun of people with deformities and expect the audience to appreciate it..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

LOL...Yes I do remember that scene, 3 idiots was a great film ! many of our films in fact, lack clean humor because they are always making fun of people with deformities and expect the audience to appreciate it..

Movie is movie but politician don't like that some write any satire on them. One movie Kissa Kursi Ka banned by congress government.
To my mind Animal Farm is one of the most popular and intteresting satire novels....I was going through the list of the populatr satire writers and not surprising that there are no Indians at all in the list - So, I doubt if t :blink: he politicians would welcome it, they hardly have any sense of humor when they are at the receiving end ! :dry:

True, there is serious dearth of clean jokes for one thing. Actually all around the world, the democratic world that is, political humor and satire is used as a tool to keep the politicians and administrators on their toes and to see to it that they are 'walking the talk'. In India, much less we say of it, the better!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

We also need to use satire on proper platform. A restaurant in Mumbai used satire on invoice/ bill, which is a commercial voucher and not a suitable medium for such literary display.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

We also need to use satire on proper platform. A restaurant in Mumbai used satire on invoice/ bill, which is a commercial voucher and not a suitable medium for such literary display.

To do full justice to satire. Both satirists and the receivers should be largehearted and should be emancipated .

Movie is movie but politician don't like that some write any satire on them. One movie Kissa Kursi Ka banned by congress government.

Congress is a champion party when it comes to banning things that has even a small resemblance to " the family members" it is ridiculous - they banned Aandhi too which they felt was very close to Indira Gandhis life..and they call themselves secular and democratic !

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.