Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Tirupati has an income of an average 3 crores per day. All our pilgrim centers are business centers. I’m the last person to pay money just to see and deceive myself an image carved out of stone that was made by a man.

We went to this holy place way back when Darshan ('ticket') rates were like 1.25, 5, 11, 101 etc or a general gate. We waited at general gate for almost 5-6 hours but the line did not move. We simply had a stroll in the premises where laddos were available and head shave was full on. That was what and how we managed Trupathi Darshan. The fact is every where is same in big temples, if you have money to pay you can enter through backlines or you have to be big government official, actor or political leader to enjoy priority. Yes big moneyed people included as well in that elite list. In turn priest of these temple given priorities in worldly matters. Give and take mates.

The tradition of collecting fees for a Darshan is of recent origin in Tirupati. Earlier it was only during Brahmostavas devotees used to go to Tirupati.And Darshans were free for all.

Many disagree with practice of collecting fee for temple visit. But this practice is in most temples. This is an issue between temple management and devotees. I have not much to comment on this practice. But I am opposed to use of VIP status for such temple visit. Using official status for temple visit is definitely a negation of secularism. Besides, it is blatant misuse of power. Also the ordinary devotees are put to extreme inconvenience because of security arrangements and special treatment to these VIPs.

Religion and politics goes hand in gloves in our country, they both need each other's blessings to run their business smoothly. Public is only secondary for all of them.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
Tirupati has an income of an average 3 crores per day. All our pilgrim centers are business centers. I’m the last person to pay money just to see and deceive myself an image carved out of stone that was made by a man.

We went to this holy place way back when Darshan ('ticket') rates were like 1.25, 5, 11, 101 etc or a general gate. We waited at general gate for almost 5-6 hours but the line did not move. We simply had a stroll in the premises where laddos were available and head shave was full on. That was what and how we managed Trupathi Darshan. The fact is every where is same in big temples, if you have money to pay you can enter through backlines or you have to be big government official, actor or political leader to enjoy priority. Yes big moneyed people included as well in that elite list. In turn priest of these temple given priorities in worldly matters. Give and take mates.

The tradition of collecting fees for a Darshan is of recent origin in Tirupati. Earlier it was only during Brahmostavas devotees used to go to Tirupati.And Darshans were free for all.

Many disagree with practice of collecting fee for temple visit. But this practice is in most temples. This is an issue between temple management and devotees. I have not much to comment on this practice. But I am opposed to use of VIP status for such temple visit. Using official status for temple visit is definitely a negation of secularism. Besides, it is blatant misuse of power. Also the ordinary devotees are put to extreme inconvenience because of security arrangements and special treatment to these VIPs.

Religion and politics goes hand in gloves in our country, they both need each other's blessings to run their business smoothly. Public is only secondary for all of them.

Ironically, it's the public who patronize these temples not only with huge money but also with gold. Tirupati owns tons of gold.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
hat is secularism? This means that nobody while in office or elsewhere displaying his official identity indicates allegiance to any religion or faith. Religion is a personal matter not connected with office.

But when a minister gets VIP treatment at a religious place- temple or shrine, he does so using his official position. Apart from other objections, this goes against secularism. If his visit to the religious place is personal, he must not be given any privilege like 'special darshan'. Otherwise, his visit is official and he is guilty of breaking the norm of secularism in utter breach of secularism which is basis of our constitution.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/stop-vip-darshans-at-religious-shrines-cong-official/1/296756.html

I agree, when we went to Tirupathy, we had paid Rs 1000 per person for a special darshan in the morning but had to wait for 4 hours because some politicians and celebrities were there, if so, why not let them see the lo9rd along with the others ? I decided then and there never to visit any VIP temples in the future and waste my precious time...

Secularism of politician are farce. Today I saw on new channel that flag holder of secularism Laloo Prasad is doing ritual to come back in power.

All the politicians are a class apart, they are all fence sitters ready to jump to whichever side is more lucrative...Lallo, Mulayam,Mayawati and Congress are experts at this game and will keep changing their sides and stand depending on the situation...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

hat is secularism? This means that nobody while in office or elsewhere displaying his official identity indicates allegiance to any religion or faith. Religion is a personal matter not connected with office.

But when a minister gets VIP treatment at a religious place- temple or shrine, he does so using his official position. Apart from other objections, this goes against secularism. If his visit to the religious place is personal, he must not be given any privilege like 'special darshan'. Otherwise, his visit is official and he is guilty of breaking the norm of secularism in utter breach of secularism which is basis of our constitution.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/stop-vip-darshans-at-religious-shrines-cong-official/1/296756.html

I agree, when we went to Tirupathy, we had paid Rs 1000 per person for a special darshan in the morning but had to wait for 4 hours because some politicians and celebrities were there, if so, why not let them see the lo9rd along with the others ? I decided then and there never to visit any VIP temples in the future and waste my precious time...

Secularism of politician are farce. Today I saw on new channel that flag holder of secularism Laloo Prasad is doing ritual to come back in power.

All the politicians are a class apart, they are all fence sitters ready to jump to whichever side is more lucrative...Lallo, Mulayam,Mayawati and Congress are experts at this game and will keep changing their sides and stand depending on the situation...

Any one is entitle to his views and practice. If a politician seeks blessing of a deity in private without making show of this, he is secular. But making public display of such worship and seeking blessing of deity with a view to impress voters is against spirit of secularism.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.