Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
There are only three needs for the humanity. A morsel of food to fill the belly, a piece of cloth to protect the body and a roof above the head to save from sun, rain and cold. They are necessary for the survival. Nothing else.Cave man survived for centuries just with these needs. Hence he can survive without the other needs especially religion.

Caveman survived without clothes and cooked food, how about that?

Yes you are right. Then what he has done ? He diverted all his efforts to procure a piece of cloth and a morsel of food. Not religion. Why ? Because they are the basic needs. He proved that one cannot survive without the basic needs. But by all means one can survive without religion. In the pre historic days they worshipped only the five elements which they called as “Pratyakha Daiva” or the gods who are visible. Religion is the brain child of greedy human. It can be removed and still one can remain alive.
The church and other established religions stress that they serve universal need of people. In India, the 'saints' including the 'rape accused' claim that there is no salvation without 'religious guru or saint'.

Is this true. The history of mankind is much longer than that of religion. There are ground to believe that we can live without religion- at least organized religion. These only boost superstition, mental slavery and close our minds.

http://www.richarddawkins.net/discussions/2013/7/20/is-religion-really-universal-among-humans?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Very nice point of discussion gulshan ji. Religion is created to divide , to rule and to keep people under control...

Here I may give example of North East states. Prior to British rule, they had no religion. The tribes would of course worship Sun or trees but they had no organized religion. The Christian missionaries introduced them to organized religion. Apparently, they used to live well even without organized religion.

I am not sure what you actually meant by organized religion, however, I just wanted to clarify something. Its true that the British had introduced Christianity in most parts of the Northeast and at present, most of the people are Christian. However, prior to that, they followed their own religions which had their own beliefs, deities, rituals and practise, festivals associated with it etc. and yes, Nature worship forms an important part of these religions. In fact there are still people who follow those religions.
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
The church and other established religions stress that they serve universal need of people. In India, the 'saints' including the 'rape accused' claim that there is no salvation without 'religious guru or saint'.

Is this true. The history of mankind is much longer than that of religion. There are ground to believe that we can live without religion- at least organized religion. These only boost superstition, mental slavery and close our minds.

http://www.richarddawkins.net/discussions/2013/7/20/is-religion-really-universal-among-humans?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Very nice point of discussion gulshan ji. Religion is created to divide , to rule and to keep people under control...

Here I may give example of North East states. Prior to British rule, they had no religion. The tribes would of course worship Sun or trees but they had no organized religion. The Christian missionaries introduced them to organized religion. Apparently, they used to live well even without organized religion.

I am not sure what you actually meant by organized religion, however, I just wanted to clarify something. Its true that the British had introduced Christianity in most parts of the Northeast and at present, most of the people are Christian. However, prior to that, they followed their own religions which had their own beliefs, deities, rituals and practise, festivals associated with it etc. and yes, Nature worship forms an important part of these religions. In fact there are still people who follow those religions.

When compared to the age of creation religion is much younger and it was man made. When its proved that man lived well before the birth of religion, why not forever ? Hence religion is not a universal need.

When compared to the age of creation religion is much younger and it was man made. When its proved that man lived well before the birth of religion, why not forever ? Hence religion is not a universal need.

I appreciate your take but let people decide how they want to accept the fact. I am not a typical religious guy who goes to a temple every day or sit for pujas on regular basis but I have a trust in Nature. There is someone who is moving everything present in universe. names are your choice, I call her Mother Nature.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I appreciate your take but let people decide how they want to accept the fact. I am not a typical religious guy who goes to a temple every day or sit for pujas on regular basis but I have a trust in Nature. There is someone who is moving everything present in universe. names are your choice, I call her Mother Nature.

Having trust in nature is the best form of worship. Because, nature is a combination of 5 elements which we call as "Panch Bhoota". And these are the same Panch Bhootas present in every living organism. So it goes without saying that human welfare lies in worshiping the nature and preserving it in its pristine glory. Not in pouring pots of milk on the man made idols.And in my opinion even following a religion or the rituals is not wrong. One can be a faithful follower of any religion without making a show.

Having trust in nature is the best form of worship. Because, nature is a combination of 5 elements which we call as "Panch Bhoota". And these are the same Panch Bhootas present in every living organism. So it goes without saying that human welfare lies in worshiping the nature and preserving it in its pristine glory. Not in pouring pots of milk on the man made idols.And in my opinion even following a religion or the rituals is not wrong. One can be a faithful follower of any religion without making a show.

Yes that is the punch line- One can be a faithful follower of any religion without making a show. I am simply following this.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Yes that is the punch line- One can be a faithful follower of any religion without making a show. I am simply following this.

Religions, rituals and beliefs are purely personal. Polluting the atmosphere with Blaring mikes and ear piercing decibels will not prove one's religious affiliations. Rather they cause annoyance to the peace loving public.
There are only three needs for the humanity. A morsel of food to fill the belly, a piece of cloth to protect the body and a roof above the head to save from sun, rain and cold. They are necessary for the survival. Nothing else.Cave man survived for centuries just with these needs. Hence he can survive without the other needs especially religion.

Very nice idea! This reminds me of an old song- Ek Langoti Do Roti- baaki sab bakwas hai- apnai dhun men gata jaye banjara- leke dil ka ektara.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Very nice idea! This reminds me of an old song- Ek Langoti Do Roti- baaki sab bakwas hai- apnai dhun men gata jaye banjara- leke dil ka ektara.

Exactly. Intermediaries and the self proclaimed pseudo Gurus created this chaos and the gullible fell for them thinking that religion is really indispensable.

Most people dont bother to think deeply and anlyse the rationality behind religious belif.They need something to draw arength from and religion is what has been taught to them since childhood so by the time they are adults they have unshakable faith in religion...It is necessary for the vast majority of people and of course the godmen are only happy to see that this faith becomes even deeper...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.