Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
The church and other established religions stress that they serve universal need of people. In India, the 'saints' including the 'rape accused' claim that there is no salvation without 'religious guru or saint'.

Is this true. The history of mankind is much longer than that of religion. There are ground to believe that we can live without religion- at least organized religion. These only boost superstition, mental slavery and close our minds.

http://www.richarddawkins.net/discussions/2013/7/20/is-religion-really-universal-among-humans?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Most people dont bother to think deeply and anlyse the rationality behind religious belif.They need something to draw arength from and religion is what has been taught to them since childhood so by the time they are adults they have unshakable faith in religion...It is necessary for the vast majority of people and of course the godmen are only happy to see that this faith becomes even deeper...

Religion is something that a person can fall back on, to seek answers from in time of adversity. If there were no religion, the world would be even more chaotic than it is now. Religion is what gives a sense of direction and a purpose. Sadly the rulers, politicians and influential religious leaders twist and interpret it to fit in with their selfish schemes and the gullible and misguided people fall prey to them.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar
The church and other established religions stress that they serve universal need of people. In India, the 'saints' including the 'rape accused' claim that there is no salvation without 'religious guru or saint'.

Is this true. The history of mankind is much longer than that of religion. There are ground to believe that we can live without religion- at least organized religion. These only boost superstition, mental slavery and close our minds.

http://www.richarddawkins.net/discussions/2013/7/20/is-religion-really-universal-among-humans?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Most people dont bother to think deeply and anlyse the rationality behind religious belif.They need something to draw arength from and religion is what has been taught to them since childhood so by the time they are adults they have unshakable faith in religion...It is necessary for the vast majority of people and of course the godmen are only happy to see that this faith becomes even deeper...

Religion is something that a person can fall back on, to seek answers from in time of adversity. If there were no religion, the world would be even more chaotic than it is now. Religion is what gives a sense of direction and a purpose. Sadly the rulers, politicians and influential religious leaders twist and interpret it to fit in with their selfish schemes and the gullible and misguided people fall prey to them.

I strongly disapprove of falling prey to influences of organized religions and as long as I remain in my senses I won't allow it to intrude into my rational domain. Even if a devil for a change utters some thing rational I would listen to him than the meaningless ravings of a false god!!! If a practical crisis has to be confronted at all, it has to be done with practical wisdom and experience. I am sick of these Babas and their followers!!

I strongly disapprove of falling prey to influences of organized religions and as long as I remain in my senses I won't allow it to intrude into my rational domain. Even if a devil for a change utters some thing rational I would listen to him than the meaningless ravings of a false god!!! If a practical crisis has to be confronted at all, it has to be done with practical wisdom and experience. I am sick of these Babas and their followers!!

Because you are a rational person and have learned to think logically you can keep yourself well away from such phoney babas and godmen. But sadly, our education system is such that it does not let people to think logically or rationally and this tendency suits the shrewd few who run the religious institutions and hence take full advantage of the situation. What makes them stick to such babas and meaningless beliefs is unfathomable, is it the fear of retribution of some kind or what?

Because you are a rational person and have learned to think logically you can keep yourself well away from such phoney babas and godmen. But sadly, our education system is such that it does not let people to think logically or rationally and this tendency suits the shrewd few who run the religious institutions and hence take full advantage of the situation. What makes them stick to such babas and meaningless beliefs is unfathomable, is it the fear of retribution of some kind or what?

@Kalyani

I don't know if I am at all rational or others are more rational than me but the fact remains that rationality would ultimately triumph in the years and decades to come. The second World War which accounted for decimation of lives running into millions and millions and the victims if you care to be rational, were not all sinners and the pet theories of our protagonists of our organized religions , till date, failed to provide any plausible explanations for loss of lives on such devastating scales. Were dead ones are all sinners? Did the figure include even one virtuous soul? Why did he or she meet such a fate??
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

@Kalyani

I don't know if I am at all rational or others are more rational than me but the fact remains that rationality would ultimately triumph in the years and decades to come. The second World War which accounted for decimation of lives running into millions and millions and the victims if you care to be rational, were not all sinners and the pet theories of our protagonists of our organized religions , till date, failed to provide any plausible explanations for loss of lives on such devastating scales. Were dead ones are all sinners? Did the figure include even one virtuous soul? Why did he or she meet such a fate??

Exactly!!! And that is why the epics such as Mahabharat and Iliad were created so that we could learn the lessons of life from them and taken lessons on how not to destroy humanity. Yet, we still pursue the faith that leaves hundreds and thousands dead or crippled. Probably that is the way nature makes sure that our population is checked! :blink: For why would we who claim ourselves to be followers and worshipers of Ram, Krishna, Jesus, Allah etc. cause so much bloodshed when the exact opposite of that is what they all preached?

@Kalyani

Exactly!!! And that is why the epics such as Mahabharat and Iliad were created so that we could learn the lessons of life from them and taken lessons on how not to destroy humanity. Yet, we still pursue the faith that leaves hundreds and thousands dead or crippled. Probably that is the way nature makes sure that our population is checked! :blink: For why would we who claim ourselves to be followers and worshipers of Ram, Krishna, Jesus, Allah etc. cause so much bloodshed when the exact opposite of that is what they all preached?

In the example, Rama and Krishna were warriors whereas Jesus suffered and fought nobody. Allah is Muslim description of Almighty God and not some worldly personality. Rama, Krishna, Jesus appeared in different parts of world and made themselves immortal by their action and thoughts. There is nothing wrong to evaluate their teachings and follow the good points but it is wrong to divide ourselves on basis of following them. I doubt whether these great personalities could ever support forming religion in their name.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

@Kalyani

In the example, Rama and Krishna were warriors whereas Jesus suffered and fought nobody. Allah is Muslim description of Almighty God and not some worldly personality. Rama, Krishna, Jesus appeared in different parts of world and made themselves immortal by their action and thoughts. There is nothing wrong to evaluate their teachings and follow the good points but it is wrong to divide ourselves on basis of following them. I doubt whether these great personalities could ever support forming religion in their name.

Many of the religions are born out of intolerance of the man. Every religion is an example of man’s hunger for power and superiority. If one wants to learn good things, One need not scan through the pages of religious scripts. Can there be a better manual to learn than the nature ? Nature is the essence of all good things. Cave man never had a copy of Ramayana in his cave. He learned that if nature is given due respect, nature protects him in return. Religion is the brain child of selfish. One can live without religion and lead a better if not the best ethical life.

I think religion is not universal need, it is for personal and differs from person to person so, it is individual need.

http://mohanmekap.com/

What I think is that believers of any religion are weak. insecure rather struggling to cope with themselves, be it Hinduism, Islam, Christianity, or whatever you call it. All these religions do nothing but wash your brain. You can keep them alongside cancer if you like. for me, I have always maintained that Mother Nature is above everyone, who gave us so much.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
What I think is that believers of any religion are weak. insecure rather struggling to cope with themselves, be it Hinduism, Islam, Christianity, or whatever you call it. All these religions do nothing but wash your brain. You can keep them alongside cancer if you like. for me, I have always maintained that Mother Nature is above everyone, who gave us so much.

I must say that's right thinking. Nature gave us everything . All humanity owes its existence to nature . For us to live nature is necessary not the man created religion.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.