There is a trend towards privatization. In U.S.A., even there are private prisons. This trend is now in other countries also. should this concept not be introduced in India also. We have shortage of space and facilities in govt. prisons. Will this not be solved if prisons system is privatized?

http://world.time.com/2013/08/23/crime-pays-at-least-if-youre-a-private-prison-operator/

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
A good measure that can be considered in a country like India. But my doubt is, a prisoner will have certain rights in government jails. Will they be there in Private prisons also ? This is the criticism the private prisons in the USA are facing.
A good measure that can be considered in a country like India. But my doubt is, a prisoner will have certain rights in government jails. Will they be there in Private prisons also ? This is the criticism the private prisons in the USA are facing.

The private jails will also be licensed by government and will work according to jail manual as prescribed.

The private jails will also be licensed by government and will work according to jail manual as prescribed.

Hmm. My question is why to increase prisons , rather we should think about decreasing crime.. private won't ge that goo until govt. Keep an eye on them.

Life is a box of Chocolate, You never know what you gonna get.... :)
www.InstantKhichri.blogspot.in

Hmm. My question is why to increase prisons , rather we should think about decreasing crime.. private won't ge that goo until govt. Keep an eye on them.

It’s obvious that the government chooses the easiest way. Because of the government’s inability to control the crime, the immediate and obvious option, “Increase the jails” has been chosen.

It’s obvious that the government chooses the easiest way. Because of the government’s inability to control the crime, the immediate and obvious option, “Increase the jails” has been chosen.

But what advantage privatization will bring ? Will they give better punishments ? And also will the judge be seperate or will it be govt. decision only and private is only suppose to put them in jail..

Life is a box of Chocolate, You never know what you gonna get.... :)
www.InstantKhichri.blogspot.in

But what advantage privatization will bring ? Will they give better punishments ? And also will the judge be seperate or will it be govt. decision only and private is only suppose to put them in jail..

Private prison means just maintaining prisons because the country doesn't have enough prisons. They function in accordance with the rules and regulations laid out by the government. Punishments are not within the jurisdiction Of private prisons.
Let me explain that there is actually no such proposal with government. There are private prisons in USA and some other countries. So it struck me how this would work in India.

Thank you said by: rambabu
Let me explain that there is actually no such proposal with government. There are private prisons in USA and some other countries. So it struck me how this would work in India.

I agree with you, there is an urgent need of privatization of various government departments but the 100 million question is - Will the government employees will allow it to happen or our governments have will power to counter them?

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I welcome your thought and put it for discussion in the forum. This generated quite a good number of suggestions from our esteemed members. That way you enlivened the spirit of the forum.

I think you missed the point, it is like government is planning to bring certain departments under private management. System will be same but prisons will be owned and managed by private companies like tatas and Birlas. maybe Ambanis find it a good business opportunity.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.