Here are some annoying features of social media.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/social-media/10276924/10-most-annoying-social-media-features-of-the-past-10-years.html

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Social media as a concept is good. But over the years the the features were abused by the unscrupulous users. For example The "Nudge" feature in MSN, "Poke " feature in Facebook , "Share the Love " in Bebo to name a few are being abused and these features are the reasons for many recent controversies. In fact many parents are scared about their children's usage of Social media.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
There are some annoying features no doubt but on the whole it opens up the mind ....I see people becoming much more open minded and willing to accept many things that they would not have a decade ago..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: suni51
There are some annoying features no doubt but on the whole it opens up the mind ....I see people becoming much more open minded and willing to accept many things that they would not have a decade ago..

Nothing is perfect. If social media has some positive than must he has some nagative things.
Using social media is absolutely a personal choice. Many people use it for different personal benefits either for communication with friends and relatives or for their business purpose. One should avoid it if he is finding it not up to his/her use/liking/standard.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: usha manohar
Using social media is absolutely a personal choice. Many people use it for different personal benefits either for communication with friends and relatives or for their business purpose. One should avoid it if he is finding it not up to his/her use/liking/standard.
I use social media only to represent my blog, as in most cases it is anonymous, except Google+ as it has compelled me to stay in my name, it is personal choice, there are option to suspend or dismiss your account, these can be disabled, sometime, social media like twitter and Facebook gives chance to connect with friend and families, as twitter has become a form of short messaging service, on the other hand Facebook give me joy as most of times unable to attend social functions and get together, cousins brothers and sisters used to post screen shots of images on Facebook wall and this gives immense joy.

http://mohanmekap.com/

Thank you said by: suni51
I use social media only to represent my blog, as in most cases it is anonymous, except Google+ as it has compelled me to stay in my name, it is personal choice, there are option to suspend or dismiss your account, these can be disabled, sometime, social media like twitter and Facebook gives chance to connect with friend and families, as twitter has become a form of short messaging service, on the other hand Facebook give me joy as most of times unable to attend social functions and get together, cousins brothers and sisters used to post screen shots of images on Facebook wall and this gives immense joy.

Connections with friends and family members is one part of Facebook. It caters to the needs of some people But there is another kind of people like me who crave for an opportunity to express in a creative way. In my case its art in different forms. In this respect Facebook is a damp squib for me.
Thank you said by: mohan manohar

I also use social media for these purposes only and almost never visit any sites unless a request to 'follow' or 'friend' pops up in my mail. I do not have to go to any of the sites as 'share' button solves the purpose. Of course one has the choice of cancelling account if he/she finds it annoying. You do not have to read any posts on mandatory basis. I never do.

Thank you said by: mohan manohar

That is a valid point ! Unless a person is confident and willing to face the consequences he or she should not venture into it.There is no point in crying wolf after later.I know of a lady who would blabber about every little detail that happens in her house, about her relatives, about the fights she had with others etc on Facebook and this led to a lot of misunderstanding with her own family and close relatives who got annoyed with her for making private matters public.So it is really in our hands as to how far we are willing to go and be responsible for our actions...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

That is a valid point ! Unless a person is confident and willing to face the consequences he or she should not venture into it.There is no point in crying wolf after later.I know of a lady who would blabber about every little detail that happens in her house, about her relatives, about the fights she had with others etc on Facebook and this led to a lot of misunderstanding with her own family and close relatives who got annoyed with her for making private matters public.So it is really in our hands as to how far we are willing to go and be responsible for our actions...

I agree, I have seen so many intimate information on Facebook those make me wonder as how these people announce and post their private photos on that site. They never think that in case their relations soured over the period, how would they explain about them to concerned parties.

This is not the first time that I am reading about the 'Poke' feature being in the list of annoying features. I don't remember where exactly I read it, but I am sure I read it before. Apart from that the auto messages from Twitter is another thing. But anyways, that will continue as it the business of the sites and they have to survive.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.