Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
When I was looking after the exports of my company I found it very difficult to follow the Chinese accent on phone and I used to insist that they should also send a fax. Simultaneously they used to repeatedly urge me to speak slowly as they felt Indians speak very fast. However after about three four months we started understanding each other. It takes time to get used to different accents.
My town Mangalore was largely a town filled only with the locals speaking 3 predominant languages - Thulu, kannada and Konkani ! A few years ago with the opening of heavy industries like MRPL, MCf and Kudremukh Iron ore many outsiders came and settled down here.but initially it was a riot because some of the Thulu and Konkani speaking locals knew no other language and the outsiders did not know Thulu or Konkani , so one could see sign languages in plenty , as well as jokes about each others languages ! :cheer: But now of course things are different..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

:( One man is in jail for making jokes on Sikhs- popularly known as Sardarji jokes. There are jokes on other communities- Marwaris, Jats etc also. Now there is no tolerance and sense of humor is also absent. I have a Sikh friend on Facebook who himself cuts Sardarji jokes.

http://in.news.yahoo.com/man-jailed-for-cracking-offensive-sikh-jokes-062348671.html

We often cuts jokes on army persons, professionals. There are also jokes on henpecked husbands. We don't know who may be sent to jail for any such joke.

Sikhs are feeling insult if some one make joke on them. Here in my city before two years in program of humor poets one poets make joke of Sikh, Sikh gattered there and object on it. They were not satisfied with saying sorry by the poets so the program were canceled by adm.
Thank you said by: shadow
:( One man is in jail for making jokes on Sikhs- popularly known as Sardarji jokes. There are jokes on other communities- Marwaris, Jats etc also. Now there is no tolerance and sense of humor is also absent. I have a Sikh friend on Facebook who himself cuts Sardarji jokes.

http://in.news.yahoo.com/man-jailed-for-cracking-offensive-sikh-jokes-062348671.html

We often cuts jokes on army persons, professionals. There are also jokes on henpecked husbands. We don't know who may be sent to jail for any such joke.

Sikhs are feeling insult if some one make joke on them. Here in my city before two years in program of humor poets one poets make joke of Sikh, Sikh gattered there and object on it. They were not satisfied with saying sorry by the poets so the program were canceled by adm.

Yes, such things do happen and are likely to happen anytime and anywhere. Even if the poets do not do it delibarately, (let's hope that's true), yet it is very natural that the people of that community will never like and accept it. Entertainers should be careful with their words and topics.
When Mehmood enacted in many films donning a south Indian lungi and making fun of the Hindi accents of the south Indians , everybody including south Indians enjoyed. No one took it as an offence. Sardar Khushwant Singh used to write sardar jokes. So what else is left now ? I think I cannot breathe now. Someone may complain that I'm imitating his breathing and ridiculing him.

Even today south indians , their accent and so many other aspects are made fun off , but no one seems to mind , similarly Sardars too are very large hearted and jovial and dont mind the humor...

I have never seen anyone doing that in real life. I always praise south Indians for their multiple language knowledge. No one in his right mind will ever try to make accent etc a point of fun making. I think it happens in movies only. As far Punjabis especially sardars, yes they truly are big hearted who do it themselves but we should avoid it in our forums as there is no sardar here to enjoy our jokes. same goes for regions, I would prefer not to comment on region basis as i consider all equal or find south Indians more tolerant than most other regions. I have thousands of friends from allover the world and most of the best come from South India thanks to my long stay in there..

Plenty of people do it, and that too on your face ! In fact once while living in Bangalore one of our neighbors had a fight about this very thing. A punjabi lady living in the same apartment made fun of the other ladys accent while speaking English calling her southie accent forgetting that she too had a heavy punjabi accent and this led to a fight , where others had to intervene and the Punjabi lady was later warned by the secretary and the president of the association...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: shadow
When Mehmood enacted in many films donning a south Indian lungi and making fun of the Hindi accents of the south Indians , everybody including south Indians enjoyed. No one took it as an offence. Sardar Khushwant Singh used to write sardar jokes. So what else is left now ? I think I cannot breathe now. Someone may complain that I'm imitating his breathing and ridiculing him.

Even today south indians , their accent and so many other aspects are made fun off , but no one seems to mind , similarly Sardars too are very large hearted and jovial and dont mind the humor...

I have never seen anyone doing that in real life. I always praise south Indians for their multiple language knowledge. No one in his right mind will ever try to make accent etc a point of fun making. I think it happens in movies only. As far Punjabis especially sardars, yes they truly are big hearted who do it themselves but we should avoid it in our forums as there is no sardar here to enjoy our jokes. same goes for regions, I would prefer not to comment on region basis as i consider all equal or find south Indians more tolerant than most other regions. I have thousands of friends from allover the world and most of the best come from South India thanks to my long stay in there..

Plenty of people do it, and that too on your face ! In fact once while living in Bangalore one of our neighbors had a fight about this very thing. A punjabi lady living in the same apartment made fun of the other ladys accent while speaking English calling her southie accent forgetting that she too had a heavy punjabi accent and this led to a fight , where others had to intervene and the Punjabi lady was later warned by the secretary and the president of the association...

One can always find a few exceptions but we cannot make an incident like that a point to ridicule people in general. I know thousands of jokes on every community but will dare not start them on public forums for any reason.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: shadow, usha manohar

I can tell you that the Sikhs are most intelligent, laborious and humorous society in entire world but even they can mind if jokes are ill directed.

One can always find a few exceptions but we cannot make an incident like that a point to ridicule people in general. I know thousands of jokes on every community but will dare not start them on public forums for any reason.

I agree that there are always exceptions and one should not take them as the norm...On the whole I too feel that it is better not to point fingers at anyone on the basis of their community or language ..

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

I agree that there are always exceptions and one should not take them as the norm...On the whole I too feel that it is better not to point fingers at anyone on the basis of their community or language ..

Such jokes are private. We should avoid cutting such jokes when in a train or place where there are many not so familiar figures.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

We should remember, while pointing out our finger towards others mistakes, three of our own fingers will be pointing out towards us. Better mind our own business.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.