:) Just I am watching news channel news 24. The court sentenced to a female IAS for corruption, Rs. 50 lac penalty and 5 years prison sentence. It is sign of change and effect of public's agitation against corruption.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
:) Just I am watching news channel news 24. The court sentenced to a female IAS for corruption, 50laks penalty and 5 years prison sentence. It is sign of change and effect of public's agitation against corruption.

I don't know how the officer will pay the penalty. she may have to undergo longer jail sentence instead. But she is also penalized indirectly as she will be no longer in service as a result of jail sentence.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

:) Just I am watching news channel news 24. The court sentenced to a female IAS for corruption, 50laks penalty and 5 years prison sentence. It is sign of change and effect of public's agitation against corruption.

I don't know how the officer will pay the penalty. she may have to undergo longer jail sentence instead. But she is also penalized indirectly as she will be no longer in service as a result of jail sentence.

I fail to understand why they penalize them with financial penalties instead of confiscating their property. Does that mean if she can pay Rs one crore then she can be set free from her other five years term?

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I fail to understand why they penalize them with financial penalties instead of confiscating their property. Does that mean if she can pay Rs one crore then she can be set free from her other five years term?

Presently, confiscation is not a legal punishment. But law is being changed to enable govt. to confiscate property.

Thank you said by: suni51
:) Just I am watching news channel news 24. The court sentenced to a female IAS for corruption, Rs. 50 lac penalty and 5 years prison sentence. It is sign of change and effect of public's agitation against corruption.

Let's hope so. If it indicates a change in the system, certainly we should be happy and welcome this change.

No she will not set free if she paid penalities. 5 Year sentence and 50 laks penalty. I think heear PF and other properties attached to recover penalty.

No she will not set free if she paid penalties. 5 Year sentence and 50 laks penalty. I think hear PF and other properties attached to recover penalty.

Other properties may be attached. But provident fund cannot be attached as that is immune from attachment by any court.

This is bound to happen and it is good for a cleaner system and the way the lady behaves in front of camera also quite irritating, ,law will take its own course.

http://mohanmekap.com/

This is bound to happen and it is good for a cleaner system and the way the lady behaves in front of camera also quite irritating, ,law will take its own course.

Law should take its own course in order to curb corruption. In the present scenario of rampant lawlessness, law should be allowed to take its own course without any interference by the vested interests.

Law should take its own course in order to curb corruption. In the present scenario of rampant lawlessness, law should be allowed to take its own course without any interference by the vested interests.
All those who commit corruption with impunity need to understand that law will catch up with you. Law has taken its own course.

http://mohanmekap.com/

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

No she will not set free if she paid penalties. 5 Year sentence and 50 laks penalty. I think hear PF and other properties attached to recover penalty.

Other properties may be attached. But provident fund cannot be attached as that is immune from attachment by any court.

You know better than me sir, thanks for this information. thanks :)
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.